Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anyway to deactivate Strangerville without removing the pack?

I enjoy some of the build and buy objects from the Strangerville pack but I played it thru once and that was enough for me. After I solved the "mystery" (not to spoil it for anybody who hasn't played it) I had no interest in playing that again. I realize it doesn't automatically start up again but if you make a new game it definitely will be active if you forget. I never visit there for that reason but occasionally I'll get invited to someone's house or a date and sure enough I end up there and the people are acting so, well, strange. I don't want them infecting the rest of my neighborhoods....fortunately I know they can't do that. But it still gives me the worries. So is there anyway to "remove" that neighborhood from the game without removing the entire pack?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    It's not active in a new game until you have a played Sim start it. I'm on the 3rd, going into the 4th, generation in my current game and have yet to do it. The Cahills living at the crashed plane in my game are, literally, George's grandson and his wife and children.
    The only hint I've seen that something is going on that needs investigating is once I saw an infected sim walking down the street in the Shady Acres neighborhood. It doesn't spread at all if the player has not done anything to start the progression of the story.

You don't need to "deactivate" the pack, just don't have a sim start the story for it, and you will be fine.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Oh, that's good to hear. I thought just having interactions with the residents would cause the things to get more "active". But just going to the bar or visiting residents won't do anything? If these neighborhoods were bigger too I might actually have sims live there, like if we could lay in our own roads and landscaping.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    If you're still worried about it or just want to make sure it is off and stays off, and if you are willing and able to use mods, TwistedMexi made mod out that you can use to toggle it off (and back on) at will: https://www.patreon.com/posts/story-toggle-25231713
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I think what you said about as long as you don't do the interactions with the locals to "trigger" the changes it should be ok. That's usually how those type of games work. As long as you don't go digging into it things won't "advance". Like I said though, once through it was more than enough for me.