Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't click on refrigerators or stoves at all (Solved)

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
Yes, I do have mods.
What I did to test this:
First, I removed my mods folder and tested it. No issues. Then I put everything back in batches and tested it. The issue didn't come up in any of the batches either. Yes, I cleared the cache files between each batch. Yes, I even repaired my game just in case.
However, when I put all of my mods back into my mods folder, I can't click on the fridge at all.

There were several mods that I suspected of being a problematic mod, but they have been cleared and released from Mod Jail. :D
I can't for the life of me figure this one out. So the Mystery of the Unclickable Stoves and Fridge continues.

The only thing I have not done yet is test in a new save. But I'm going to.

Could someone please help me?
I've been trying to figure this out for about four days. None of my sims can be in the culinary career without cheating as a result. Not that I'm against cheating.

Update: I can't click on the fridge in a new save either.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    When something works with no mods, but the 50/50 method doesn't identify the problem it's probably a conflict between two different mods. If one of them is in your first batch of mods and one is in your second, it will work fine with just each batch alone but won't work with both batches together.

Have you run a mod conflict detector on your mod's folder?

The most likely culprits are any mods you use which affect cooking, by the way. I'd remove just those mods which add new recipes (or change existing recipes) and those which make changes to cooking/baking to see if it works fine with only those removed. Then, if it does, I'd add back just one of those mods at a time until I identify at least one of the culprits.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    I don't have a mod conflict detector. I've never run into this problem before.

I do have a set of mods in mind that I could remove because I think they're not updated yet, but I would have to confirm it by testing them with my other recipe mods in a batch together.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Mod conflict detectors aren't particularly helpful anyway unless you already have an idea what you're looking for. I use the one that is part of Sims 4 Tray Importer and it reports something like 67 'conflicts' in my current setup, for example. But it's all good and everything works fine for me.

What I use them for is to identify a problem where I already know sort of what I'm looking for but just don't know which mod(s) specifically. Like if Mod A is not working right, I'll look for what other mods have some overlap (i.e. conflict) with Mod A.

With the issue you're having, I'd rely more on the batch testing solution already discussed. I had the same issue as what you're having way back in the early days of the game and ended up opting to remove one mod completely because it caused the problem after almost every game update which added food recipes.
  • Options
    I found the mods that were conflicting. I think one of them still needs to be updated so I pulled that one out, but the other one is already updated.
    To think these were my original two suspected mods, but I didn't even think to put them into interrogation (a batch) together with no other mods.

Thank you for your help with this, @Stormkeep. I'm going to add "solved" to the title.
  • Options
    Glad you got it sorted, happy Simming!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top