Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Neighborhood Stories Gone Wild In Your Game?

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    NatalieCVNatalieCV Posts: 9 New Member
    I am so frustrated/peeved too. I started a new neighborhood, put in custom families and customized some of the Maxis ones too. I tweaked all of them so that the only thing they could do (except for Pancakes) is leave a job and get a new one. The Pancakes I left so they could have a baby and adopt a baby. Started and played the Plant Sim scenario, finished it in 6 sim days. So I went to the families to rotate through to another family and the Pancakes have a child boy, a brown baby and a very light color baby. Some of my families are missing people, no idea what happened to them and some of them have children or babies where that was not allowed by my settings. I've checked the settings and they are still not allowed to have children nor are they allowed to move out anyone nor is anyone allowed to die...so where are these missing people and why are there a bunch of babies and children where there should be NONE?
    So it has currently ruined the way I wanted to progress in the neighborhood and I'm going to just turn off neighborhood stories. But I just wasted a bunch of time on this scenario and everything is goign to have to be reset again.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Hi @NatalieCV sorry for that frustrating experience. I'm trying to collect some info on neighborhood stories settings, what overrides what, and what effects result. If you aren't too annoyed by your save and you haven't deleted it yet, would you be willing to check the following and tell me what they are set to?

1. Options menu - Gameplay tab - Scroll down to Neighborhood stories - Is the checkbox checked or no?
    2. Manage Worlds - Household Manager - My Households - Neighborhood stories button in the top right - which options are green and which are white? and is the checkbox enabled or no?
    3. Manage Worlds - Household Manager - Other Households - Neighborhood stories button in the top right - which green, which white, checkbox?
    4. Which households have custom Neighborhood Stories configurations for those households in particular and which options are green/white for them?

Thanks for taking the time :)

Here is the info collection thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999659/neighborhood-stories-where-are-all-the-settings-and-what-overrides-what
  • Options
    NatalieCVNatalieCV Posts: 9 New Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Hi @NatalieCV sorry for that frustrating experience. I'm trying to collect some info on neighborhood stories settings, what overrides what, and what effects result. If you aren't too annoyed by your save and you haven't deleted it yet, would you be willing to check the following and tell me what they are set to?
    >
    > 1. Options menu - Gameplay tab - Scroll down to Neighborhood stories - Is the checkbox checked or no?
    > 2. Manage Worlds - Household Manager - My Households - Neighborhood stories button in the top right - which options are green and which are white? and is the checkbox enabled or no?
    > 3. Manage Worlds - Household Manager - Other Households - Neighborhood stories button in the top right - which green, which white, checkbox?
    > 4. Which households have custom Neighborhood Stories configurations for those households in particular and which options are green/white for them?
    >
    > Thanks for taking the time :)
    >
    > Here is the info collection thread
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999659/neighborhood-stories-where-are-all-the-settings-and-what-overrides-what

I will happily look through things and answer these questions. Thanks for asking. At least this save will have some benefit. lol
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I wondered if anyone knew, do you have to keep clicking on the mailbox until you get no new news everyday?
    Sometimes I get into settling a family in when I build a new house or download one from the gallery and forget to check the mailbox. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Does it store the changes until you read them or does it clear daily? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Has anyone else experienced Sims problems with the custom settings in Neighbourhood Stories with Other Households?

Last night I moved in Lavinia Chopra and her son into a house in Willow Creek. The custom settings I had for them were, no accidental deaths, no move in or out, can’t leave or join careers or retire (so she stays mayor and her son delivery).
    The custom symbol has stayed in Played Households. Checking/unchecking boxes didn’t do anything. I had to put them back in Other Households and then remove the custom settings there then move them to Played Households.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Just checked in with my 3 toddler challenge family and mum has adopted a dog and cat. Apparently with 1 child and 3 toddlers she thought it was a good idea to adopt a very large active, aggressive dog! Its going round the house growling at all the toddlers.....
    Good job, mum of the year!!LOL
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wondered if anyone knew, do you have to keep clicking on the mailbox until you get no new news everyday?
    Sometimes I get into settling a family in when I build a new house or download one from the gallery and forget to check the mailbox. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Does it store the changes until you read them or does it clear daily? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Has anyone else experienced Sims problems with the custom settings in Neighbourhood Stories with Other Households?

Last night I moved in Lavinia Chopra and her son into a house in Willow Creek. The custom settings I had for them were, no accidental deaths, no move in or out, can’t leave or join careers or retire (so she stays mayor and her son delivery).
    The custom symbol has stayed in Played Households. Checking/unchecking boxes didn’t do anything. I had to put them back in Other Households and then remove the custom settings there then move them to Played Households.
    The neighborhood stories updates accumulate until you check them, even if you don’t check them every day. Maybe there is a limit to how many it keeps, I’m not too sure because I’ve only left them for 3-4 days max.

All my settings are working properly, keeping in mind that customized households need to be updated individually - they will not take on changes made to the umbrella category (My/Other Households).

The Chopra family members have special roles that they lose if they become Played. I’ve heard you can move them in without them losing their roles, but once you load the lot, a new mayor and delivery person are generated.