Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Adventures Dong Huo

I have come back to finish WA and though I completed this one. Went to France back to China Dragon's Maw. Defeated the Dong.
and then came up again. Asking me to go to France/get key/ return to china.

Of course when I try this again the somewhat immortal Dong Huo of course is gone. Has anyone else had this happen? I made the decision to just cancel the second adventure and move on but it still bugs me that happened.
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have done it a few times but can't remember exactly what happened each time. I do know there are bugs in a few of the adventures that only appear occasionally.

There is a special item in a lot of the tombs. Can't remember all their names but one name in one world is the 'sigil of' whatever. I got them all until I had to do the final set of tombs under the nectary in France. I had to return to Egypt to do something. Every time I got there it dropped out. I tried over and over again. Eventually I started a fresh game and tried over and over again. Then I eventually got it. By then I had a pretty good idea of what was going on. Every single time it failed I had my sims living in a house in France. Every time I got it to work they were at the Base Camp. Since I had almost never played with them living in their own house in the WA worlds I had not experienced this problem before but others had often complained about it.

All I'm trying to say the problem that is making it fail can be subtle and not necessarily obviously related to the adventure at hand.

Another one requires your sims to get to level 10 in Martial Arts. If your sim ever happens to already be at level 10 in martial arts before they get the challenge they can never complete it. They have to be below level 10 when they get the challenge to be able to do it successfully. Once I had this problem and I used a mod to reduce the sim's martial arts level by a fraction to make it just under 10 and they the sim completed the challenge.

But I don't know about the one you are having a problem with at the moment.

If you're using a mod to travel direct between France and China that can apparently cause problems. I've been told I have to always go home and then travel to the different WA world.

The game where I completed everything was made into a series of videos and is in the playlist 'Isla Paradiso Bunch Playlist 2' if you're interested.

There should be a bug thread on World Adventures somewhere. It used to be easy to find but I think in this new forum it has been amalgamated so many times it is not easy to find. Maybe you could try searching. Even a Google type search might show up something.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Thanks @Karritz I have been googling just thought i would drop by here and check as well. I did complete the adventure. The problem was when I checked for another it ended up sending me on the same one. I didn't realize it at first lol so travelled off to France then it all came together.

I cancelled it and will see what happens next time I go to France. I have my Visa3 for china so will just leave that one alone for now. No mods that should affect the adventures. I'm having fun either way.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I don't think mummies show up a second time after being defeated, and there's no reason Dong Huo should be an exception. So I'd say the fact that your sim could get the same quest is either a typical Sims 3 bug (the first part of the chain shouldn't be repeatable) or a random glitch (the data that your sim finished the quest was erased). I wouldn't worry about it though, and the only thing you really could have done was cancel the quest.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    thanks @puzzlezaddict I was leaning that way so appreciate you responding. Its been awhile since I played my sims3 game. So on to France glitches and all. LOL
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion