Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me?

lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
edited March 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know this may seem weird but I really just want some more gameplay options involving touch. Not like in the bad way, but being able to pinch other sims cheeks or noses. I find that so adorable if sims were able to do that to each other, am I the only one?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I've been asking them to bring back the goose animation and kiss up arm, but they don't listen.
  • Options
    @crocobaura Right!?! It's just the small little details that make the sims feel more human
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'd love if they added these and more as well. I like when my sims interact with more than just talking.

It's not the interactions you asked for, but if you're open to using mods thepancake1 has added quite a few romantic interactions, including slow dancing, intense kissing, dip kissing, cuddling standing from behind, bed cuddling, and bed makeout with the CuteRomance mod, available here.
    Several of the interactions are done autonomously between romanticly involved sims even and I really like it when I see two unplayed sims out on a date get up and slow dance or when one will come up and cuddle the other from behind.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yes, I would love that a lot! Thank you so much @Stormkeep
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I definitely don't think your idea is strange. I'd really love to see more of these small but meaningful touches of friendship and affection: nose kisses, pats on the backs for a job well done, holding hands, hair musses, etc.
  • Options
    @Kironide it’s so cute!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    lebgirl_18 wrote: »
    @Kironide it’s so cute!

:) Thank you so much for bringing up a lovely topic for discussion.
  • Options
    Yeah of course @Kironide
    I was a bit embarrassed to post it though haha
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    edited March 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I've been asking them to bring back the goose animation and kiss up arm, but they don't listen.

I wouldn't be selecting the option for my Sims to "kiss up arm", even my happily married Sims.

Kids can't play hand-clapping games already, can they? That's the first thing I thought of, not romantic things. I just don't like romantic things in real life so making my Sims do those things is creepy to me... it's almost one step away from making my own digital adult film, and that's a massive nope. I only get them doing that stuff for necessity, not desire.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @hely0t Hey, we all have our preferences and play our own ways. If you’re into the romance style of playing then go for it but if not, then that’s also okay and do what you like, but I see where you’re coming from and understand that that might come off as creepy
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022

I would love to see the goose and kiss up arm animations return! 😊

Was it Sims 2 or 3 where a Sim could congratulate another Sim by patting their shoulder and doing a thumbs up? I’m sure I’ve seen it during play but not sure which one.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    @ncisGibbs02 yeah, I’m not too sure haha but I want it back. I want anything that makes the sims feel more human
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    You're not the only one. Touch is what all human crave in some shape or form and makes us feel comforted or loved. I think it makes sims feel more human and like they care for eachother. Sooooooo many things I would love to see that would make sims more alive. And not particularly romantic interactions but just affection for all ages.

Would love for example floor cuddling so that sims can cuddle on the floor in front of the fireplace,
    Sims being able to feed eachother but not romantically like we have, a friendly feed. In my culture it's a sign of affection to give another a bite of food with your hand. A friendly category (family) kiss, a forehead kiss, one sim being able told actually hold another not like the quick hugs we have that are 1 second, kids being able to sit on parents lap and watch TV. (I was trying to show a picture of what I mean but imagr is not working for me. But just googling something like family watching TV with kids shows all kinds of examples) sims being able to give a cooking sim from behind a hug, sneak up on a sim and give them a surprise hug and/or cheek kiss from behind, piggy back rides, sims lying their head in another sims lap getting their hair caressed. Just those things that make you go awwww 😻

I always wanted to see sims care for other sick sims instead of just having your sim buy meds online. Have your sick sim rest in bed while the other sim checks for fever, brings soup, gives a little comforting caress and things like that.
    It's really those seemingly meaningless gestures. Touching and affection humans do with eachother all the time that means the most to me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I agree, something felt missing to me and it’s funny that I haven’t pinpointed it like this thread does. But these additions would make a big difference. I wonder if they have trouble making touch animations look good on all shapes and sizes, kind of like how they have to program things separately for specific heights.
  • Options
    @Babykittyjade Yes, exactly! That is what I like and need in game! 🤗
  • Options
    @babajayne that must be the reason but then again, maybe it just wasn’t an idea that came up?
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    You're not the only one. Touch is what all human crave in some shape or form and makes us feel comforted or loved. I think it makes sims feel more human and like they care for eachother. Sooooooo many things I would love to see that would make sims more alive. And not particularly romantic interactions but just affection for all ages.

Would love for example floor cuddling so that sims can cuddle on the floor in front of the fireplace,
    Sims being able to feed eachother but not romantically like we have, a friendly feed. In my culture it's a sign of affection to give another a bite of food with your hand. A friendly category (family) kiss, a forehead kiss, one sim being able told actually hold another not like the quick hugs we have that are 1 second, kids being able to sit on parents lap and watch TV. (I was trying to show a picture of what I mean but imagr is not working for me. But just googling something like family watching TV with kids shows all kinds of examples) sims being able to give a cooking sim from behind a hug, sneak up on a sim and give them a surprise hug and/or cheek kiss from behind, piggy back rides, sims lying their head in another sims lap getting their hair caressed. Just those things that make you go awwww 😻

I always wanted to see sims care for other sick sims instead of just having your sim buy meds online. Have your sick sim rest in bed while the other sim checks for fever, brings soup, gives a little comforting caress and things like that.
    It's really those seemingly meaningless gestures. Touching and affection humans do with eachother all the time that means the most to me.

Omg, all of this! It's these sorts of things that if they got added to the game would make me think 'I never knew I needed this'!
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    lebgirl_18 wrote: »
    @hely0t Hey, we all have our preferences and play our own ways. If you’re into the romance style of playing then go for it but if not, then that’s also okay and do what you like, but I see where you’re coming from and understand that that might come off as creepy

That's exactly why I said I wouldn't be selecting that option, because everyone has preferences and that isn't my own. I'm someone who is only ever about open mindedness and being able to have options and letting every individual do their own thing (as long as they're not hurting someone).
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    More sim interactions like that would be nice.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member

I'd love to see these, as well as other romantic gestures.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,573 Member
    Primarily, I would love to see Sims be able to walk and hold hands at the same time. I have cried out for this for ages! I also would like to see the return of siblings being able to give siblings noogies! They can, currently, flick a nose, but noogies, while painful, would augment their interactions.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I agree. I kinda squeed when my vampire sim just yesterday decided to autonomously go and give his grandkid a kiss on the cheek. I had pretty much forgotten this interaction exists and it made me realize I'd like more friendly stuff like it for all ages. Aside from basic interactions like "loving hug" etc it now seems like physical affection is pretty much reserved for romantic couples only and I find that disappointing. There could be casual pats on the back/shoulders, hair ruffling, forehead touches when the other one is sick, all kinds of stuff. You could even have traits related to these interactions. Like one sim could be very physically affectionate whereas someone else avoids it. For there are people who feel uncomfortable with touching and can be very particular with whom they accept it from.
  • Options
    Yes exactly @GalacticGal and @Thrior that’s what I would love see and yeah, not everyone is into the concept of touching, so it would make sense that sims have those traits
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Yeah, I liked that as it made my sim feel a little naughty. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen