May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have Ya'll Seen These Map Replacements???

AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
I was on Twitter and came across these, and loved how they looked! This is what I always wanted the maps to look like originally.

Compared to how the maps look now (bland and boring), these match more to how the worlds actually look.
Thought I'd share these for anyone who hasn't seen them. :)

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,118 Member
    Those are really nice. Henford on Bagley is a public release so I might grab that one. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,059 Member
    I snagged the San Myshuno map. The new map really fits the vibe of a city like that so much better.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    Do these change how they look in Live mode or just the map?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Do these change how they look in Live mode or just the map?

Just the map!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    edited March 2022
    Yep, I saw them have a few of them installed as I enjoyed the stylized 3d effect on them really makes the world pops out and seems like it could be an immersive overhead view. I really like it. San Myshuno is probably my favorite with Strangerville.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I saw them a while ago, props to them for keeping going. I tried a similar project before but gave up after one map as the positioning of lots in world just don't align with the maps at all
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I really like the San Myshuno one. I think I will get that one. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,602 Member
    The San Myshuno one REALLY reminds me of Bridgeport from Sims 3.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I just saw them yesterday and downloaded them all. He’s still working on all the world maps which is great! I like these much better than the flat cartoony ones from Maxis.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I like the drawn ones by NoirSims and DerShayan.

https://en.dershayan.de/fanart-maps
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Oh, I like those. Thank you for sharing the link, I just downloaded all of them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options

Oh wow, so nice. I really like that Dark Strangerville one too. I will add this one as well. Thank you!

I hope it's okay to have two different artist's maps put in the mod folder without any conflict.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh wow, so nice. I really like that Dark Strangerville one too. I will add this one as well. Thank you!
    I hope it's okay to have two different artist's maps put in the mod folder without any conflict.

It's fine as long as you don't have two different maps of the same world. If you do that, they will conflict (and one of them will 'win' and be what is displayed) so don't have two of the same world.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

It's fine as long as you don't have two different maps of the same world. If you do that, they will conflict (and one of them will 'win' and be what is displayed) so don't have two of the same world.

@Stormkeep Okay, thanks for the reply :smile:
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

These are amazing! Going for those!!! :o

San Myshyno doesn't need a drawn version of the map. Still, whatever would be cool I suppose.

@Astro Those are great also!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member

Yes these are the ones I use and they are lovely. Has a more painterly look but not as flat and lifeless as the defaults. My only complaint would be the trees look a bit too obviously cut and pasted. I think it would have been better to add a couple of variations for each tree type and mix them up a bit but other than that I love the style
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited March 2022
    Not enough exaggeration on the depth of the world with the ones linked from twitter while the dershayan's i don't really like. so i'm still keeping with the originals until something better comes along.
  • Options
    lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    Wow! They definitely are impressive :o
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I love these. Saying goodbye to my vanilla game.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I’d love to see these be made an official update for the game. The detail is amazing.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧