Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem connecting to server..

Ok - So I got the game from D2D. Installed and upgraded Sims 3. I click play and get:

"There is a problem connecting to the server. Please ensure your internet connection is active."

Tried at work wide open as well as at home. No firewall etc. Obviously I have an active internet connection as I am able to access the store and exchange and everything else. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is going on. This DRM crap is completely useless if it doesn't work.

Extremely frustrating. Have tried everything and nada. Anyone else seeing this??

Comments

• Options
    princessheidiprincessheidi Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Argggggg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Running as root, I ran Contents->MacOS-> cider from the Sims 3 package. When I hit play, I see the following in the terminal window:

2009-06-06 09:58:24.703 cider[187:10b] Could not obtain patch manifest at http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/sims3_sku7_update_manifest.xml : file doesn’t exist (-1100)
    Debugger() was called!
    err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')
    err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')
    fixme:crt:__clean_type_info_names_internal stub! {addr = 104434D0}
    logout

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Installed as root and ran cider and get this:

/Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
    mr-garrison:~ root# /Applications/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
    2009-06-06 10:19:02.091 cider[378:10b] Unable to find class: tgApplication, exiting
    logout

[Process completed]

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I installed on my other mac book and it works fine.

The part that is different upon loading is:

2009-06-06 10:59:52.800 cider[405:10b] Unable to find class: tgApplication, exiting

I don't get that on the mac book that works.
  • Options
    LelioLelio Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got my copy from D2D, also on a mac, got the same exact error message as you. Dont know what to do i've tried everything... also i'm no tech head so I dont have a clue :*(
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This is a fn joke - the only reason I got this game was for my partner. I said screw it and bought it from a retail store. The DVD version doesn't have any of the DRM crap, you just need the DVD in the drive.

I contacted D2D twice regarding the matter - one ticket was the problem, the second asking for a refund. They haven't responded to either. So... last time I get anything from them.

EA..Last I checked, EA didn't even have a drop-down box for Mac on support - they gave me a generic windows firewall solution when I tried them.

I ended up installing it on my PC anyway. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is with the time controls on mac... even at 4 it doesn't speed up the time enough to make it playable lol.

You wonder why people don't want to pay for games. I'm not going to pay for beta testing mac versions of a game
  • Options
    lailasoodlailasood Posts: 1 New Member
    i ams so annoyed i spent all my savings on this dang game and all it says is that it has trouble connecting to the server. someone PLEASE help me i've had no luck so far(im on mac)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    lailasood wrote: »
    i ams so annoyed i spent all my savings on this dang game and all it says is that it has trouble connecting to the server. someone PLEASE help me i've had no luck so far(im on mac)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-Important-Message-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to/m-p/8317259#M5856
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net