Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom holiday worlds ?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Let me explain, we already have vacation homes in game, but it doesn't make sense to me when my sims can just travel there anyways, I know alot of simmers prefer for all worlds that gets released to be residential, so here's what I was thinking what if the developers let us choose what our vacation worlds are if we want them at all, it would also add more if they release hotels, I was thinking this could be a base game update considering we have vacation homes already

Custom holiday worlds ? 20 votes

Yes
65%
KelleygirlMariefoxprice83taydevEnkiSchmidtDuskregnNikkihSERVERFRALady_BalloraEliteGirlViolettaZazzyKittynFlikka_FlikkaVeeDub 13 votes
No
35%
crocobauraEmmaVaneLatinaBunnyChadSims2Behappy1stChicklet453681EternalSunshine 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    I agree, we need to be able to have residentials in vacation worlds & also have a hotel venue to be in any worlds. ;)
  • Options
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I agree, we need to be able to have residentials in vacation worlds & also have a hotel venue to be in any worlds. ;)

I think as players, we should have this freedom to decide what is what, decide where our sims live and where they have a holiday, if this was in the game I'd make sulani and the Japanese world be vacation world as they are unique, I was gutted when island living came out and it wasn't a vacation world, i know alot of simmers prefer how it is but it would be great if we had that option @SERVERFRA
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I'm tempted to vote Yes, but I wasn't sure if this option was meant to replace the option to have rental properties in non-vacation worlds. If we could have both options, I'd be saying Yes, PLEASE. :lol:

Edit: Added my vote. :)
    Post edited by VeeDub on
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    Yes, it's about having the option of creating your own holiday worlds with the worlds that get released, it wouldnt be changing what we can already do @VeeDub
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Yes, it's about having the option of creating your own holiday worlds with the worlds that get released, it wouldnt be changing what we can already do @VeeDub

In that case, here's another Yes for ya. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    No
    What are the advantages of having a holiday only world?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    It would give the vibe your sims are actually on a holiday other than just travelling as normal from their home, would be good for storytelling for some, just having this option would be great for some as alot of simmers prefer worlds that there sims can live in but there's some that want more vacation only worlds, if this option came out it would be win win @crocobaura
  • Options
    No
    It would give the vibe your sims are actually on a holiday other than just travelling as normal from their home, would be good for storytelling for some, just having this option would be great for some as alot of simmers prefer worlds that there sims can live in but there's some that want more vacation worlds, if this option come out it would be win win @crocobaura

For my sims it does feel like a holiday if they travel or actually holiday in another world. Having the world being designed as holiday only is restrictive and gives no additional gameplay. All worlds can be a vacation destination if you want them to be, even though some don't have that many typical tourist attractions. Bust you can build some, specific to that world to make it attractive for tourist type sims.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    I understand your opinion, however some simmers probably want that restriction in some worlds I'm one of them, I personally feel with vacation homes what's really the point in them as my sims can just travel there from their home and go back home after they have visited, I think we should have all options and we can decided what we want, im thinking this feature could be free so if people dont want this they dont have to use it @crocobaura
  • Options
    No
    I understand your opinion, however some simmers probably want that restriction in some worlds I'm one of them, I personally feel with vacation homes what's really the point in them as my sims can just travel there from their home and go back home after they have visited, I think we should have all options and we can decided what we want, im thinking this feature could be free so if people dont want this they dont have to use it @crocobaura

It might be free for you, but I am sure they will need to pay someone to code it in, and it will not make much difference from a gameplay perspective. I think each world is pretty and I enjoy the freedom to travel from one world to another unrestricted. I would much rather prefer if they introduced transportation methods between the worlds that you need to pay for so it feels more like a reward than just spending vacation days and you think twice if you want to hop to five different worlds in one day. Say you could board a cruise ship from San Myshuno to Sulani, or a train from Mt. Komorebi to Evergreen Harbour. If we could also have some onboard gameplay it would be even better.
  • Options
    Yes
    I love you idea of the transportation between worlds 😊 @crocobaura
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    I think I'm confused on the concept.

How is a loading screen to go to a vacation world giving off a different vibe than a loading screen to visit a world that is residential?

Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Yes
    The poll is about choosing your vacation worlds with the worlds that's been released or has yet to be released @Chicklet453681
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    I see no point in vacation worlds at all we have lot types if I want residential rental or if they ever give us a hotel system, I should be able to pick what lot type is what. Now there might be a few specific lots that should be saved for vacationing like the ski resort type lots in Mount Komorebi but besides that I see no reason to go backwards and make specific worlds limited to either one function or another let me decide what each lot can do. Time and budget should be used to add actual game play not a system to limit us.

If you as a player can decide for every lot to be vacation lot now why would we need some system to tell us it's a vacation world? more menus to go through and buttons to click?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes
    You would still be able to do that adding lots as you see fit, putting vacation homes where you want and if hotels gets released you could put them where you want aswell, I think some of you are missing my point, it's giving us an option to do what we want, you wouldn't have to use this feature if you didn't want to, it wouldn't be going backwards picking our own vacation only worlds or not, I'm not saying for this feature to be added just now theres alot more important things to add first, theres 2 worlds i want to turn into vacation worlds only so far because how unique they are to other world, sulani would be my tropical beach holiday and the Japanese world would be my sim's skiing and snowboarding break away @ChadSims2
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    No
    We can do this already by mentally grouping like worlds together into geographical areas, and sticking to them within normal play.

If you want to travel outside of the area for location locked activities like skiing, then take a vacation.

You would be very limited with the venues you can place, however, as you have less lots overall to cover everything.