Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Thoughts: The Future of The Sims 4 Stuff Packs Article

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I read this article about what future stuff packs could look like and thought I'd bring it up here to see what the forums thought or wanted to add. I've snipped a section from the article with the compiled list Krista posted.
What do you guys think? Like, dislike or add something else?

Here's the link to the full original article: https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/02/community-thoughts-the-future-of-the-sims-4-stuff-packs/

From the actual article:

I decided to reach out to the community on Discord, Twitter and in our Facebook Group to see what kind of ideas they had for potential new Stuff Packs.

After going through the replies, it was clear to see that many players echoed similar ideas for what they would love to see as a future Stuff Pack. With so many different ideas, it’s clear to see that Stuff Packs are still something that the community would love to see return.

There were a variety of different ideas shared and a number that if they weren’t viable for a Stuff Pack could also work as a Game Pack and maybe even an Expansion Pack.

For the purpose of this post, I’ve grouped together ideas that fit into similar categories.

Life Stages

Teen Stuff
Elder Stuff
Baby/Toddler Stuff
Kids Stuff
Generations

Occults

Werewolves
Fairies
Plant Sims
Elves

Activities

Hobbies
Crafting
Arts
Music/Bands
Night Life
Arcade
After School/School Activities
Voidcritters
Tiny Pets (Rabbits, Hamsters, Birds)

Other

Historical
Goth/Rock
Space
Fantasy
Medieval
Retro Stuff
Burglars
Clutter
Everyday items
Household items
Kitchen Appliances
Cars
Horses
Ikea
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Here's my opinion and wishes for future stuff packs. I am going mostly off this "most popular" topics that usually come up.

Life Stages This category is just not a priority for me personally
    Teen Stuff
    Elder Stuff
    Baby/Toddler Stuff
    Kids Stuff
    Generations

Occults This is a priority for me but I'm not sure about these options, what else have they got?

Werewolves Meh
    Fairies Meh
    Plant Sims What are these anyway?
    Elves This one is the most appealing as long as they are fantasy elves and not cutesy santa's elves or something.

Activities This category is more interesting to me

Hobbies
    Crafting
    Arts Yes!
    Music/Bands YES!!!
    Night Life
    Arcade YES!
    Voidcritters Can we Please have children, teens and adults able to play with void critters? It's Fun and cute! It is something they can do together.
    Tiny Pets (Rabbits, Hamsters, Birds) Meh

Other

Historical Yes, I'd like this
    Goth/Rock This is mu favorite so it can go with the music/bands pack I'd love to see.
    Space Yes, Aliens need some love.
    Fantasy yes, again, as long as it's not the super cutesy santa's elves, I want more nerdy fantasy.
    Medieval
    Retro Stuff
    Burglars
    Clutter
    Everyday items
    Household items
    Kitchen Appliances Not interested all that much
    Cars Do not care
    Horses and Dragons
    Ikea NO!! I'm sick of ikea looking stuff. Boring!
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Life Stages:

Teen Stuff
    Elder Stuff
    Baby/Toddler Stuff
    Kids Stuff
    Generations

I'd be excited to have all of the above, especially Generations.

Occults:

Werewolves
    Fairies
    Plant Sims - No pack. Plant Sims should have a free update instead.
    Elves

I don't play occults. I wouldn't be against them adding more to the game though, but it's not for me.

Hobbies:

Crafting
    Arts
    Music/Bands
    Night Life
    Arcade
    Voidcritters - There's a mod by Ravasheen called Into The Void that expands on Voidcritters. It's early access right now, but it looks fun.
    Tiny Pets (Rabbits, Hamsters, Birds)

Yes!! I love all of these ideas!

Other:

Historical - I'd be interested in exploring this theme, but I'm not sure how well TS4 can pull it off.
    Goth/Rock - If they did a goth/rocker CAS kit, I'd eat that up.
    Space - I'm not a Sci-fi fan, but I think space exploration could be fun.
    Fantasy
    Medieval
    Retro Stuff
    Burglars
    Clutter
    Everyday items
    Household items
    Kitchen Appliances
    Cars
    Horses - Please!! I can never have a horse IRL, so if I could make my dream come true at least in game...
    Ikea

I'm not a big fan of Buy & Build, so most of this stuff doesn't seem appealing to me.
  • Options
    @NightlyCoffee Aw. In that case, we def need to have horses in game. I recently found out about the voidcritters mod (thanks for the link BTW, I may end up adding it). I think it should be built into the game. Pretty please, with sugar on?

The burglar was pretty funny but sort of annoying as well. lol
    I thought most players hated having their sims' stuff stolen like via the klepto and NAP features.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Are we expecting any more stuff packs? I read tweets from Simguru Conor who presented the last stuff packs and if I remember correctly, he wrote that he was working on game packs and free updates recently. So who would develop new stuff packs?
  • Options
    @alanmichael1 I have not run across anything official about what is upcoming with Sims 4 new releases except that there's going to be more coming.
    I have heard that the Sims 5 is in the works but not ready to launch for a couple of years yet.
    My impression is that there more still to come for the Sims 4 but I think it will start winding down for new packs content as The Sims 5 gets closer to launch.
    The Sims 4 teams production of new packs was disrupted by COVID, the lockdown and having to work remotely, it may take a bit to get back on track but I think they're getting there.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Most of the themes mentioned are very broad, and better suited to game packs imo..
    Although I can see a burglar SP and maybe a car one if they ever introduce cars?? SPs are usually centred around 1 item.

For Game packs tho, they’ve defo dropped hints at horses before, I remember when ROM came out one of the gurus said pay attention to the equestrian pants as they are a hint for something coming up..
    I would love an elder pack as they are the most ignored life stage. An old folks home theme would be fun I think, and potentially introduce some kind of DIY apartment system?
    And they surely have to do a werewolf game pack as they never added body hair?? 🤷‍♂️

I dunno tho, they might be using covid as a convenient excuse to quietly wrap up with a bunch of kits for the final year…
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    @NightlyCoffee Aw. In that case, we def need to have horses in game. I recently found out about the voidcritters mod (thanks for the link BTW, I may end up adding it). I think it should be built into the game. Pretty please, with sugar on?

The burglar was pretty funny but sort of annoying as well. lol
    I thought most players hated having their sims' stuff stolen like via the klepto and NAP features.

Thank you!

I think what people hate most about the Sharing is Caring NAP is that there are no consequences for Sims that steal things. If a Sim stole your items, you can't call the police or fight them off. You can't get the items back at all. If they added burglars there could be ways to counter them like alarm systems, pets protecting the house, calling the cops, or fighting them off.

I do hope we can see more stuff packs in the future. I thought Paranormal Stuff was really good, and I hope they continue that direction with stuff packs.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Here's what I think:

Stuff packs:
    Teens, Elders, Baby
    Crafting, Hobbies, Art (though what would be under the art umbrella? Are we doing more with the painting skill?) Arcades, Household items, clutter, retro stuff, kitchen appliances, Ikea, Tiny pets (though Id rather not have another MFP)
    Goth and rock

Gamepacks:
    Werewolves <3
    Elves <3
    Fairies <3
    Music/Bands
    NightLife (though it would have to depend on the theme)
    Medieval (or a spin off. wink wonk)
    Cars
    Horses
    Fantasy (depending on the theme)
    School activities (though i'd want this to become part of a school pack for kids and teens)

Expansions:
    Generations (mostly because people would RIOT if this wasnt an EP)

Free Updates
    Burglars
    Plantsims

I didnt put in Kids/Toddler stuff since we already have SPs dedicated to them, but I wouldnt mind another for them.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Here's what I think:

Life Stages-Yes to all

Teen Stuff
    Elder Stuff
    Baby/Toddler Stuff
    Kids Stuff
    Generations

Occults

Werewolves-Yes to werewolves
    Fairies-meh.I don't really care if they add fairies or not
    Plant Sims-Look how EA/Maxis messed up PlantSims for sims 4....
    Elves-No to elves.I don't see any reason to put elves in the game

Activities

Hobbies-Yes to hobbies. I want my Sims to be able to do things like model railroads,playing with radio-controlled airplanes,doing ballet,etc
    Crafting-I think we could use a lot more crafting
    Arts-We could use a lot more art-related things as well.
    Music/Bands-We REALLY need more instruments,such as drums,banjos,saxophones,accordions,different kinds of electric guitars,etc.
    Night Life-Yes. We really more venues for our towns. Give us tennis courts,movie theaters,skateboard parks,amusement parks,stores that we can actaully SHOP at,and family entertainment centers complete with arcades and singing robot animals.
    Arcade YES! Give us video game arcades!
    After School/School Activities-I don't play with kids,so I wouldn't be using this
    Voidcritters-Make it so young adults and adults can play with Voidcritters,too!Why should kids have all the fun?
    Tiny Pets (Rabbits, Hamsters, Birds)-Give us birds,fish,reptiles,rabbits and ferrets,please,EA/Maxis!

Other

Historical-I wouldn't mind stuff from the 50s to the 80s.
    Goth/Rock-Meh
    Space-Not interested
    Fantasy-Meh
    Medieval-Please give us Medieval stuff,EA/Maxis.
    Retro Stuff-See "Historical"
    Burglars-Why are we STILL missing burglars and burglar alarms? These should of been in the BASE GAME..
    Clutter-We've got too much clutter already
    Everyday items-Meh
    Household items-Meh
    Kitchen Appliances-Meh
    Cars-Yes please
    Horses-Yes please
    Ikea-I never shopped at Ikea,so I have no opinion of this option.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Kitchen appliances. I love cooking, baking, gardening for fresh ingredients so give me more small kitchen appliances for food prep. I want a toaster, waffle maker, deep fryer, KitchenAid mixer, food processor, juicer, blender.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Kitchen appliances. I love cooking, baking, gardening for fresh ingredients so give me more small kitchen appliances for food prep. I want a toaster, waffle maker, deep fryer, KitchenAid mixer, food processor, juicer, blender.

Fondue set would be good too, for both chocolate and cheese. We already have cheese.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Life Stages

Teen Stuff [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Elder Stuff [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Baby/Toddler Stuff [Nooo, thank you.]
    Kids Stuff [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Generations [No interest beyond a general spread of attention across base game and all packs by way of various BB/CAS stuff and activities for all age groups.]

Occults

Werewolves [Yes, please.]
    Fairies [Meh. Depends on the type(s) if I'd ever actually want them. I prefer not-cutesy.]
    Plant Sims [No, thank you.]
    Elves [Ehhh, sure? I don't know what I'd do with them, but ok.]

Activities

Hobbies [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Crafting [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Arts [Yes, please.]
    Music/Bands [Yes, please.]
    Night Life [Yes, please. Wait, maybe. What kind of Night Life?]
    Arcade [Yes, please.]
    After School/School Activities [No, thank you.]
    Voidcritters [No, thank you.]
    Tiny Pets (Rabbits, Hamsters, Birds) [No, thank you.]

Other

Historical [No, thank you.]
    Goth/Rock [Yes, please.]
    Space [Yes, please.]
    Fantasy [Maybe; depends on the type and how it'll be accessed in-game. Again, I prefer not-cutesy.]
    Medieval [Probably better as a spin-off game than Sims 4 pack, but I wouldn't mind some era props/costumes/music.]
    Retro Stuff [No, thank you.]
    Burglars [No, thank you.]
    Clutter [No, thank you.]
    Everyday items [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Household items [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Kitchen Appliances [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Cars [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Horses [I wouldn't mind, but it's not a priority for me.]
    Ikea [No, thank you. As in: I prefer no real-world brands in my game]

FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)