Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does it take so long for my Sims 3 CC to download?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Is this related to my computer, my computer speed, TS3 & Expansions or something else? Sorry for my ignorance but i really dont know XD

Downloading CC is taking forever. With a file thats 6mb package, its taking 10min+ to download. The .rar files seem to download quickly but some wont show up in my game, the package file does but it takes ages to download.

I dont have this issue downloading any TS2 or TS4 CC, they load pretty quickly.

My internet speed is 75mbps, upload 20mbps and ping at 33 (is this info helpful??)
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    Download, as in obtain from a site hosting the content? That has nothing to do with what kind of files they are, it's a matter of your internet bandwidth (sounds fine), that of the source/server and how busy it is at the moment, and some variables in between. But unless your hard drive is full or very nearly so it should take exactly the same amount of time to download two 6 MB files of different file types from the same source, all other things being equal.

Just download, meaning that the end result is a file sitting on your Desktop or in your Downloads folder (or some other place) that wasn't there before, not that it gets accessed, attempted to run, or put away anywhere else automatically. Web browsers drive me crazy when they try to predict what we might want to do with a download and "helpfully" try to do it for us.

Rar files (like zips and 7zs) do not belong anywhere near your TS3 user game folder. They need to be decompressed first and the package files inserted into Mods\Packages\(maybe some subfolder). If any are sims3packs, then those would need to be Launcher installed. Some designers offer both for the same content so the player can decide which format to use. But TS3 cannot read or work with compressed files like rars, zips, and 7zs. The game would just choke on those as it attempts to start up.

Or did you really mean that your game takes too long to startup once you have added certain types of content? That's of course a very different matter.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Downloading from a fansite? It sounds like a internet speed and/or busy server issue.

As for rar files… Rar files don’t show up by themselves. They’re like a compressed file with stuff inside it. You have to open them up with the typical software that opens up Rar/Zip files and then put the appropriate files into the appropriate Sims sub-folder, just like any Sims games (or other moddable games like the Elder Scrolls games or Persona 4 game, etc, with the Mods sub folder and the other various other sub folders).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Thank you for replies. I think I was having issues with a certain site or my internet because today it was fine. And I didnt k ow that for rar files thanks!!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Thank you for replies. I think I was having issues with a certain site or my internet because today it was fine. And I didnt k ow that for rar files thanks!!

Awesome! Hope the CC works out! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)