Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Woah! It's been one year???

Yesterday was the first anniversary of the Paranormal Stuff Pack release! Personally I think is the best stuff pack from Sims 4: a good gameplay, a fun career, Bonehilda!, nice CAS/BB, awesome songs! It is a stuff pack with a great balance... it give you more for its price. It is still a Bravo! for the devs that created the pack.

Yes, I bought Paranormal SP one year ago. I loved it since day one <3 It motivated me to build two of my most beloved lots.

In my rotational save, I played 3 haunted lots, each with one sim: a vampire, a spellcaster and a human. It was not repetitive, every sim experienced different stuff. I played them for weeks... until an infamous patch broke the career :| After this something changed in me as a customer of Sims 4: I stopped trusting the devs and the game :'(

Some simmers say that the Paranormal career was fixed, I do not know, I have never read any "official" news about this. I have not played my haunted lots again to validate the info. Maybe I am afraid to discover that it is still broken or maybe I do not care anymore :/

I'm really tired of discovering more and more broken features of my already paid stuff. I have a huge list. A few weeks ago I found a bug with vampires and city living. Since then I have not opened my game again. As an occult player I am resigned to not having more packs for my gameplay style but at least EA/MAXIS should respect the integrity of what I already have, what I already paid!!!

As I wrote above yesterday was the first anniversary of the Paranormal Stuff Pack release, but it was also MY first anniversary of not buying any packs for my sims. This is a milestone in my simmer life! I'm a simmer since Sims 2 and I have played Sims 4 since release (7 years!). I played this game for hours, I have built more than 500 lots/rooms, I played more than 200 sims, I'm playing not a 4 years old rotational save. I know how this game works, how it worked and how broken is now.

I hope that this year something like the Paranormal Stuff Pack can surprises me again.

Meanwhile I will enjoy one of my fav songs of this franchise (yes, from Paranormal SP!):

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,727 Member
    edited January 2022
    Paranormal was a really good pack. I had some trouble with the career too. Ghosts never spawned. Turns out it was because of some mods that I used.

I think the people who made Paranormal did a good job. It felt like I was playing a game, it had rules that you had to follow and you could make it easier or harder on yourself depending on how many sims you played and how you chose to play them, which was fun.

It's frustrating to have your old packs broken by bugs, restaurants and cafes have not aged well. I have not updated my game since Cottage Living (I don't have scenarios or SDX) so I'm not sure if I will buy the next game pack...

I am kinda looking more for a game, and Maxis are not really offering me that anymore so I am playing some other games right now, I still play the Sims sometimes.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Best stuff pack ever!! I wanted haunted houses for so long. U had so many creepy houses for roleplay. Now I can actually bring them to life 🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,689 Member
    I didn’t get Paranormal until a few months ago, but it sure is fun. A lot of gameplay for a stuff pack. More of this, please, EA!