May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today's Sim's Delivery express?

I got the message today to download and restart for Sim's Delivery express, but I have no idea where to look to find out exactly what it did. Is there a place where it tells you (either in game or here)?
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I had a popup that said restart now and clicked on that. It restarted and was downloaded into my game. It doesn't tell you it was downloaded, but I found the items in my game. I don't believe there is a place that tells you what was downloaded.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Is it always an item or is it sometimes a patch update? I think they can use it to fix bugs too, although I'm not sure.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I believe they said that small bug fixes can also be sent the delivery express and that they would be doing that. Not sure how to find out which fixes were sent though.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member
    Huh. I didn't notice an update when I started the game today. The most recent one I remember is the one with the Korean clothing, which I think also had the New Year, New Hussle scenario( which I didn't bother with.) But I don't remember the scenario being announced.

Usually with items you can at least find a tweet if not a mention on the livestream.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,762 Member
    Saw something on Twitter about new recipes and one of the university hairs turned base game. But I haven't confirmed
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,326 Member
    I didn't get an update notice today and I too wish there was an easy way to find what's new in the game. I would like a filter for new things or something.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    Saw something on Twitter about new recipes and one of the university hairs turned base game. But I haven't confirmed

It’s going to come this month or the next, they just showed them during today’s live stream.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Huh. I didn't notice an update when I started the game today. The most recent one I remember is the one with the Korean clothing, which I think also had the New Year, New Hussle scenario( which I didn't bother with.) But I don't remember the scenario being announced.

Usually with items you can at least find a tweet if not a mention on the livestream.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I didn't get an update notice today and I too wish there was an easy way to find what's new in the game. I would like a filter for new things or something.

Okay...I wonder why I got the notice. I've played every day in the past week so I got that last update with the Korean clothing last week.

Thanks for the info though, I'll chalk it up to "Something weird happened". Also thanks for the mention about a tweet, @DaWaterRat, that is the first place I look when I get a update (or more accurately, simgirl1010's thread where she links the tweets), so I will just keep doing that.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    I'm glad to play offline. I will not allow added stuff without even knowing what was added.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I'm glad to play offline. I will not allow added stuff without even knowing what was added.

I did the same from around the end of 2018 until this past December 2021....I also hadn't updated my game that entire time, like at all. This Sims Delivery express is totally new to me.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I just checked my game, but found no new delivery. The other day something odd happened though. I played offline due to switching my internet provider and I continuously got the message that an update was in progress and to go online if I remember right. Once I clicked on the box in the message, the game options menu for sims delivery opened. Nothing happened though. The next time I went online, nothing new was downloaded. I still don't know what this was about. This was days after I had already downloaded the Korean clothing.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I think that was one of the reasons they added the new delivery system, so they didn’t have to make an announcement of what they’ve added?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Sorry for the odd questions I am about to ask but I haven't been keeping up with this particular 'new' way of updating the game. Now, are these considered to be updates and download if you're online and load the game? Do we have the option to ignore these? Is the new content optional and easily turned off? I have ignored every available update Maxis has released since August. Plus, I don't want to update my game unless a new pack I can't live without comes along. And why aren't the devs or gurus releasing any information about what we are getting? I've seen a few threads about this, but I am still very confused. Someone stated we would be able to choose what we want to download. Someone else said the opposite. And the gurus seem to be talking in circles about this. I have wanted to have a choice about ignoring certain updates for about three years, and if it's true the Express method will allow me to have more control over what is installed in my game, I am all for it. But before I do a happy dance over it, I would sure like to know what to expect.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Sorry for the odd questions I am about to ask but I haven't been keeping up with this particular 'new' way of updating the game. Now, are these considered to be updates and download if you're online and load the game? Do we have the option to ignore these? Is the new content optional and easily turned off? I have ignored every available update Maxis has released since August. Plus, I don't want to update my game unless a new pack I can't live without comes along. And why aren't the devs or gurus releasing any information about what we are getting? I've seen a few threads about this, but I am still very confused. Someone stated we would be able to choose what we want to download. Someone else said the opposite. And the gurus seem to be talking in circles about this. I have wanted to have a choice about ignoring certain updates for about three years, and if it's true the Express method will allow me to have more control over what is installed in my game, I am all for it. But before I do a happy dance over it, I would sure like to know what to expect.

In the game options menu under sims delivery you can chose how frequently you want your game to check for new deliveries. You can do this hourly, every 30 mins, only on startup or never. Additionally there is a check box which lets you chose whether you want to download the new delivery automatically or not. So you can basically opt out of deliveries by choosing the option to never check for deliveries and to not download automatically.
  • Options
    If you go into the "Game options" you will find a settings menu for "Sims Delivery", @Paigeisin5 and you can turn them off there if you don't want them to get applied and downloaded.

That said, they are not the same as normal game patches/updates and if you connect with Origin those will still happen automatically regardless of how you set your Sim Delivery options. So if you don't want updates, you need to keep playing offline.
  • Options
    Thank you very much, @Peppers and @Stormkeep for clearing things up for me. This is what I was afraid of as soon as I began doing a bit of research. Sigh. I guess I'll be playing offline for a long time. I had hoped the updates and the Sims Delivery were separate entities, but that isn't the case if using Sims Delivery will trigger the updates to download. I've had very little spare time to look at this more closely, so I appreciate your quick responses. You saved me a couple of hours' worth of investigating. :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Thank you very much, @Peppers and @Stormkeep for clearing things up for me. This is what I was afraid of as soon as I began doing a bit of research. Sigh. I guess I'll be playing offline for a long time. I had hoped the updates and the Sims Delivery were separate entities, but that isn't the case if using Sims Delivery will trigger the updates to download. I've had very little spare time to look at this more closely, so I appreciate your quick responses. You saved me a couple of hours' worth of investigating. :)

It's not Sims delivery that will trigger the normal game patches...you can turn Sims Delivery off entirely if you want. It just won't prevent normal game updates from happening. That's just how EA Origin works.
  • Options
    I know. Both require the player to be online, and once you go online to add a kit or a pack or use Sims Express, the updates happen automatically. This has bothered me for quite a while now. If one doesn't want to update there should be the option to turn that off. Using the Gallery or repairing your game has to be done while online, but once you go online Origin takes the wheel and does pretty much whatever it wants. I am not totally against the updates or the content in those updates. I just don't feel the need to update if I am uninterested in the content that is included. I don't need more CAS or B/B content added to my game. I'd like to see all of that as optional rather than being forced on everyone. And as someone who uses a lot of bug fixing and gameplay mods, this constant updating is a real bore when it comes time to update all those mods. My hope for Sims Express was it would give the players a choice in what is added to their games. Alas, this isn't the case. It looked promising before I did more research, but it is just another way of controlling the direction of Sims4.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Playing online is one reason for me why they added scenarios and delivery express. Maybe they want to raise the number of active playing simmers. With playing offline they can't do it.
    I usually play offline but when there is a new delivery I start my game online to get it. Most of the time I forget switching to offline mode when I downloaded it.
  • Options
    I like to play offline most of the time simply because I use a lot of mods, many for the explicit purpose of fixing game bugs and, to a lesser extent, game annoyances. So I stay offline often, so that I only get updates after the mods I use have been cleared (or updated) for the latest patch.

With Sims Delivery express though....I want the new stuff...cause I'm greedy that way. So now I'm playing online all of the time, but I have the entire game backed up to another folder so that if there ever is an update that breaks my mods I can roll back and go offline for a while.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,805 Member
    Inside your Sims 4 game you will find a file called Content. This is where the new stuff resides. I don't know if it says what it is, but I believe it lists a date.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Inside your Sims 4 game you will find a file called Content. This is where the new stuff resides. I don't know if it says what it is, but I believe it lists a date.

I assume you mean look inside the folder ":\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\content"? I don't see a file in the game itself that's called that.

Thanks for the info regarding the folder, for sure. Now I know where to go if I want to add more color swatches to anything delivered to the game this way. I was wondering where the files for them were (I make a lot of recolors for my own use).