Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you fish for a living?

You want to really make making money hard this year? Try fishing for a living. And only fishing. No second revenue types allowed. As much as I garden, if I was to do fishing as a job, I wouldn't sell my produce from the garden to makes ends meet just to force my earnings from fishing to pay for everything in my game. We all know that TS4 is a easy money maker as far as rabbit hole jobs are concerned. Fishing is no rabbit hole as most of you know for sure. But after you plunk down that 20,000 on a home to live in, can you fish well enough to pay the bills and buy better furniture? Hmmm!!!

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes you can...but at least for me it's always taken a while before it's very profitable. The hard part is finding a good fishing spot that has higher value fish. I don't use guides for that sort of thing so it has always been what took me a while.

With IL and the new fish traps it's probably easier now than when I've done it in the past (it has been a while). Having a sim household live in Sulani who makes their living from just fishing is something I eventually plan to do in my current game when I get a generation where a trait makes that a logical choice (I randomize traits of offspring).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods