Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop emotional deaths!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I like those deaths me personally I find it's gives it more unexpected turn of events, all the other deaths are very hard to do, even starting a fire now, I do understand how this annoys some though
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    It sounds like you model your Sims after your own temperament, and I respect that.

Howling at this :D
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I agree emotional sims should NOT be dying due to anger, embarrassment and other emotions as well. People in real life don’t die of embarrassment, and in real life, people get angry sometimes. No one is happy 24/7. So the emotional deaths need to stop.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I really don't like the death by Hilarious, it's so dum. :s

It's the only Emotional Death other than Angry that is realistic. If you are laughing too hard you can die of asphyxiation. It has happened IRL.

Nobody would actually die of Embarrassment, however.

And we don't need to go into detail about why the Sims team didn't add Death by Sadness.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm curious though, OP...

How are you getting so many deaths from emotions? I also use negative traits like Hot Headed, but never had a death from it.

I think I've had one sim die of Mortification because I turned ON emotional deaths for Teens, and their moodlets go up to 50 during mood swings.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I've never had an emotional death. How often does it happen for others?
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    If You have the Vampire Pack, you could murder a whole room of sims with one of their emotion based powers, yep you heard that right vampires can cause AOE emotional deaths.
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    For the sake of those who like them though, I don't want them removed, just an option to turn them off.

I second this. I too, think that this feature should be togglable in the gameplay settings without the use of mods or cheats. (I also have them disabled through MCCC. They were funny at first, but gets really stale in the long run.)
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12