Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting Pack - Resume after interruption?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
For skills like writing and cross stitch if my Sim is interrupted while they are doing the task they can resume what they were working on. For knitting, however, I'm not seeing that option. I expected it to give me something in the sim's inventory which I could click to resume, similiar to how cross-stitch works, but my Sims aren't getting anything in their inventory.

It looks to me like they are supposed to get some kind of ball of yarn object because when my sims who knit select "Give Gift" there are these ball of yarn objects that show up in the list. Thing is, they don't actually show in the sim inventories. (And giving them as gifts doesn't actually work,despite them showing in the list).

Is this some kind of known bug or do I possibly have some mod interfering? I don't have any knitting related mods, but I do know how mods can break seemingly unrelated game functions.

Edit to add: This is now resolved for me. It was a mod conflict, despite the fact the mod doesn't effect anything related to knitting or even from the Knitting pack. The mod was Bessy' Clutter Anywhere mod, from MTS. I've left a comment on the mod page to let her know of the issue.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
Post edited by Stormkeep on

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh, dear! Hmm… I’ll have to check on my own sims later, but maybe they have to be sitting to resume? Did you click a chair/couch, sit the sims down, and then see if there is an option to continue? Do they still have the big knitting basket in their inventory?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I googled and found this solution. Would this help?
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/09/sims-cant-resume-already-started-knitting-projects/

(Basically, sit somewhere or start rocking on rocking chair and then select option to knit.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Yah, I've tried that. I found old threads that talk about how resuming is bugged/glitched and causes routing errors and that sitting helps make it work. My thing is... I'm not even finding a resume option...anywhere. I've looked in the sims inventory, clicked the knitting thing, clicked the sim. Just no option to try to resume in the first place.

That's why I made a new post about it, because I don't know if they "fixed" those old issues by just removing the ability to resume in the first place, or if there's a problem in my game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    You should be able to resume your knitting projects by clicking on the basket or the rocking chair.

There was a bug where people couldn't resume their knitting projects but that was fixed in March last year.
  • Options
    Would clicking on the couch or rocking chair itself work? I’m going to log in and check on my sims in a bit and see if my sims have this bug…
    (She/her)
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    You should be able to resume your knitting projects by clicking on the basket or the rocking chair.

There was a bug where people couldn't resume their knitting projects but that was fixed in March last year.

Ahh, dagnabit. I'm going to assume possible mod conflict then. Literally all mods that I use have been updated since then or cleared as not needing an update, but obviously there's a problem with one of them. *sigh*
    I googled and found this solution. Would this help?
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/09/sims-cant-resume-already-started-knitting-projects/

(Basically, sit somewhere or start rocking on rocking chair and then select option to knit.)

Thank you for this. It's not a solution that works for me but at least it includes a screenshot that shows me where the option to resume should even be showing up. :lol:
  • Options
    Would clicking on the couch or rocking chair itself work? I’m going to log in and check on my sims in a bit and see if my sims have this bug…

Reading things further on various older posts on the topic I learned I am also supposed to be able to "frog" an unfinished project. I don't see that as an available option anywhere either. I'm in the process of removing one mod folder at a time to narrow down the source. I have 0 mods related to knitting or even sitting on furniture, so at this point it could be any of them....or none of them and I'm just the unlucky SOB for which their 'fix' didn't work.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Okay, I checked on my sims again. I went to my save.

I interrupted one of them from knitting and then had them walk away for a bit. I then have them return to the couch and selected the knitting option. The option to resume the previous knitting project came up, and the sim continued on doing the “frog” project with no problems.

So, hmm, sounds like it might be a mod interference issue on your side…? Or you unfortunately got a bug? 🙁
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Reading things further on various older posts on the topic I learned I am also supposed to be able to "frog" an unfinished project. I don't see that as an available option anywhere either. I'm in the process of removing one mod folder at a time to narrow down the source. I have 0 mods related to knitting or even sitting on furniture, so at this point it could be any of them....or none of them and I'm just the unlucky SOB for which their 'fix' didn't work.

So your sim doesn’t have anything knitting in their inventory? Not even the finished product? (My sim finished one project so quickly, I missed seeing it in their inventory at first, lol.)

So, no knit option comes up? Clicking on the actual chair, the knitting bag/basket, or the sitting sim doesn’t work, you said? And is there no knitting bag/basket in their inventory?

I hope it’s just a mod interference, so you can remove it, and your sim can get back to their knitting… 🙁
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Yah, no unfinished knitting projects are showing up in their inventory at all. Are they supposed to? They do have the knitting bag, but clicking that isn't giving a resume nor a frog option. Just the option to start a new project. And I've tried clicking the sim, the bag, the chair, the rocking chair and the bed (all with the sim sitting already) ... no menu options for it at all. It's crazy!

So far I've cleared all of Bienchen's mods and all of LittleMsSams mods and the problem persists, so at least I know it's not any of my favorite mods. Without those two modders I don't know if I'd even play the game...
    Just 5 more folders to go. I keep mods in subfolders based on the source of the mod which makes it easy to troubleshoot and update.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

I think when the original bug happened the option to resume knitting was still available, your sim would just not do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Yah, no unfinished knitting projects are showing up in their inventory at all. Are they supposed to? They do have the knitting bag, but clicking that isn't giving a resume nor a frog option. Just the option to start a new project. And I've tried clicking the sim, the bag, the chair, the rocking chair and the bed (all with the sim sitting already) ... no menu options for it at all. It's crazy!

So far I've cleared all of Bienchen's mods and all of LittleMsSams mods and the problem persists, so at least I know it's not any of my favorite mods. Without those two modders I don't know if I'd even play the game...
    Just 5 more folders to go. I keep mods in subfolders based on the source of the mod which makes it easy to troubleshoot and update.

Oh, dear… And just clicking on the chair (without the sim sitting on it) didn’t work either?

Good that you organized your mods into sub-folders so you can find the culprit, hehe! 🙂👍 Hopefully you find the one mod that was causing problems very soon!

Edited to add: And if worse comes to worst, maybe you can screenshot it to show folks here on what your knitting menu pop up on the knitting sim looks like?
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    My problem is resolved.

A mod I used which allows more items to be used as clutter, called Clutter Anywhere, was the culprit.
    Oddly, the mod doesn't actually impact anything related to knitting in terms of what it is supposed to do, but with that mod gone I can resume and frog projects just fine.

Thank you @LatinaBunny and @logion for your assistance in this thread. I very much appreciate it.
  • Options
    My problem is resolved.

A mod I used which allows more items to be used as clutter, called Clutter Anywhere, was the culprit.
    Oddly, the mod doesn't actually impact anything related to knitting in terms of what it is supposed to do, but with that mod gone I can resume and frog projects just fine.

Thank you @LatinaBunny and @logion for your assistance in this thread. I very much appreciate it.
    Yay!! 🤗 Glad you found the found culprit, hehe!

Happy knitting, @Stormkeep ! Go make those onesies! 🙂👍
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I just click on the seating (not just rocking chair, but also sofa or armchair) and if the knitting basket is in my sim's inventory, I get the option to "knit..." then to "resume project" (or something similar).

It never works if I click directly on the basket, I must click on the seating. Did not try while being seated though, I like that I only click once.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg