Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Global Food

I'm most excited for the new global foods coming as per the winter roadmap.

What do you think the food will be? I'm really hoping for Ethiopian and more Chinese dishes. Also would love some eastern European foods.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Global food sounds like food eaten all over the world, so I am assuming it's going to be more pizza. 🍕🍕🍕
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I just wish we had a chance to not accept more foods/recipes. Or at least a way to have our sims forget recipes they've already learned but never use. Basically some way to cut down on the food menu lag, that is.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I just wish we had a chance to not accept more foods/recipes. Or at least a way to have our sims forget recipes they've already learned but never use. Basically some way to cut down on the food menu lag, that is.

If you play with the simple living lot challenge you can limit available recipes based on ingredients.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

If you play with the simple living lot challenge you can limit available recipes based on ingredients.

I do have that EP now, but I'm not keen on using that challenge, at least not for all the lots I play. Well, not unless I want to start playing a game with the sole focus on gathering ingredients just to cook. And... yeah, I don't want to do that. :lol: Thanks for the suggestion, but I hope the lag issue will get fixed for real. Someday.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Indian food maybe? I'm hoping for Korean food, they have a lot of good dishes.

But the fridge menu could use an update. It's getting very long and we have a lot of ingredients now too. I think if you have a lot of ingredients then the fridge menu loads slower now.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Indian food maybe? I'm hoping for Korean food, they have a lot of good dishes.

But the fridge menu could use an update. It's getting very long and we have a lot of ingredients now too. I think if you have a lot of ingredients then the fridge menu loads slower now.

This is true. I'm even getting lag without a single ingredient in inventory as well.

As for food itself, I'd personally like to see some more Middle-eastern, Turkish, and Central-Asian dishes.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    There is not really much representation for any African cultures in this game so I'm hoping they include some.

I also would want some west Asian or middle eastern food like shwarmas. Also some Indian food will be nice. I wanna ask for some Caribbean food too. Then I will also be excited about more french food too because I have a french restaurant in game and I love adding new items to the menu.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

I do have that EP now, but I'm not keen on using that challenge, at least not for all the lots I play. Well, not unless I want to start playing a game with the sole focus on gathering ingredients just to cook. And... yeah, I don't want to do that. :lol: Thanks for the suggestion, but I hope the lag issue will get fixed for real. Someday.

I use that challenge, but not for gathering ingredients. I like that it forces my sims out of the comfort zone of reaching for the fridge, so sometimes they have to call delivery, sometimes they go to a pub or restaurant, other times they just eat something from the food stands. Sometimes they just order groceries for the dishes they wish to cook.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    edited January 2022

I use that challenge, but not for gathering ingredients. I like that it forces my sims out of the comfort zone of reaching for the fridge, so sometimes they have to call delivery, sometimes they go to a pub or restaurant, other times they just eat something from the food stands. Sometimes they just order groceries for the dishes they wish to cook.

Totally the reason I so love that lot challenge :)

ETA: on topic, I take always more dishes in game :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Based on the fact that the tigers on the road map seem to be hinting at Chinese New Year, I do think some more Chinese food is very probable. Due to the mask and other speculation of Mardis Gras related content though, I'm going to guess that we might get some New Orleans cuisine as well? (Gumbo, Jambalaya, Po'boy, etc?) Willow Creek is already inspired by New Orleans so it would make sense. And considering many Nola dishes come from Creole recipes that would really be "global" methinks.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    There is not really much representation for any African cultures in this game so I'm hoping they include some.

I also would want some west Asian or middle eastern food like shwarmas. Also some Indian food will be nice. I wanna ask for some Caribbean food too. Then I will also be excited about more french food too because I have a french restaurant in game and I love adding new items to the menu.

Shawarma is my favorite take out food. I would love it. And yes, I wanted to build an Indian restaurant and a Chinese diner but had to collapse them into an Asian fusion place because there wasn't enough of either cuisine.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Since the coquito and other stuff has been added, and I love having my sims cook/bake/etc, I am pretty excited to see more recipes, of any sorts! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Shawarma is my favorite take out food. I would love it. And yes, I wanted to build an Indian restaurant and a Chinese diner but had to collapse them into an Asian fusion place because there wasn't enough of either cuisine.

Yes me too I love creating different types of cultural restaurants because it's just fun idky.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would love to see some more Mexican food, like tamales, chili verde, tortillas ( corn and flour, they could be used to make Mexican dishes ), Mole ( chicken sauce dish ) enchiladas, rice and beans. Mexican foods that are very popular in the United States. My Mexican restaurants just don’t have many of the foods served in restaurants here.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't know if these are global but I still like to see waffles , chicken noodles soup,pecan pie, lasagna, more pizza too! And also add southern cooking too! Like smother chicken and pork chop, mustard greens, fry cabbage, corn bread.
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    On the one hand, I love learning about foods from places other than the US, and the game can certainly stand to see more food from outside the US on the menu.

On the other hand, I'd also love to see a bunch more regional US foods added. Southern soul food, Fried Chicken, Hot dogs with stuff on them (Chili dogs, Chicago Style hot dogs with all the trimmings, etc.) Po'boy sandwiches, Italian Beef sandwiches, Subs... even the infamous Biscuits and Gravy. (Infamous because of the different meanings of the word "biscuits" and different kinds of gravy pictured.)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    If we look at other content we have in clothing and styles, I'd say Mexican, Indian, Chinese and Korean food makes sense. Especially with the two new clothing kits being Indian and Korean, and there are items for Mexican Day of the Dead celebrations as well as Chinese New Years. Food that would work well with those settings makes sense.

I do agree that the Fridge menu needs an update, maybe the possibility of setting favourite recipes, excluding things you don't want your sim to eat (like removing meat options if you are a vegetarian or food with lactose in if you are lactose intolerant), separating baking from cooking, or having other ways to sort the food.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I would like more food choices for beginner cooks.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I just want the option to include a favourite food.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member

I want vegetarian and lactose intolerance to be not personality traits but food preferences. Especially as I know people who are only vegetarian for a few years.
  • Options

I want vegetarian and lactose intolerance to be not personality traits but food preferences. Especially as I know people who are only vegetarian for a few years.

Yeah, I find it weird that those things have to be traits. It also bothers me that sims with those traits will eat eat meals containing meat/lactose, especially as I have a tendency to forget to check the content, especially of leftovers from the fridge.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm hoping for some meals made with dragon fruit.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm hoping for some meals made with dragon fruit.

Not dragon steak? Flame grilled in the fiery breath of their opposition?
  • Options
    I'd rather see food for dragons.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'd rather see food for dragons.

We have plenty of that already. They are called sims.