Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which should I choose

Amber8Amber8 Posts: 208 Member
Hi Guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Im looking to purchase an expansion pack.

Id like your opinions as to what your best ones are in order and why. TIA

I currently have:
City Living
Cats and Dogs
Eco Lifestyle
Get to work
Get Together
Seasons

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    I think it depends on what you want to add to your gameplay.

If you want vacations, culture and a new type of scenery both Island Living and Snowy Escape are good packs. My personal favourite is Island Living, but then that's because I love the idea of being able to take the family to the beach and just enjoy the sun and warm weather. (Also dolphins!) Both worlds are livable, and has real cultural elements and feels to them, and both have great BB items though I prefer Snowy Escape's CAS-items, especially more winter jackets. Both come with a new career that is quite good. Which you would prefer is really a toss up due to what kind of activities you want for your sims.

If you are looking to expand gameplay, then Parenthood (not an expansion pack, but still) is a good option as it gives more realism to family life.

There is also Discover University, which again adds some realism when your kids aren't thrown directly into a job but can move from home, go to college, and advance from there. There are bugs and downsides to the pack, but in all I like it and wouldn't want to be without it.

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2022
    EDIT: I can't read. Wrote up about what you have :D:D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amber8 wrote: »
    Hi Guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Im looking to purchase an expansion pack.

Id like your opinions as to what your best ones are in order and why. TIA

I currently have:
    City Living
    Cats and Dogs
    Eco Lifestyle
    Get to work
    Get Together
    Seasons

I think cottage living would go well with the packs you already have.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I rank packs, in my mind, based on which add the most to gameplay that will actually impact me most often. So something like Seasons, for example, is ranked at the very top of my list because Seasonal/Weather changes and activities effect, literally, every single Sim played.

With that said, I agree with @crocobaura that Cottage Living would go really well with what you already have. Plus it adds a very wonderful world. It is my new favorite of all of the EP's.
    Another solid choice, imo, would be Parenthood if you don't already have it. (I know you said EP, but I thought it was still worth mentioning) Unless you never, ever play a sim household beyond just the first generation it's one of the best packs available imo. It expands so much on the raising of children and all the interactions available, etc.

That said, I do also think either Island Living or Snowy escape would be great choices too, if you are looking to give your Sims some vacation destinations.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods