Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Power and Water (Eco Lifestyles)

It's not clear to me in the game, if I have power and water production on my lot and it is set to Store, rather than auto-sell, does this allow me to use power and water on days when they are shut off if those NAPs are active?

Logic tells me the answer is yes. But games are not always logical so I'm asking, before allowing such a NAP to be passed.
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yep, you can use them! The game will let you know when they're running low.

EDIT: Oh wait. During NAPs. Never mind :D I'm not sure.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think you would be able to use them but will receive a fine for not observing the conservation day on your lot.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think you would be able to use them but will receive a fine for not observing the conservation day on your lot.

I dunno, if you are producing and storing 100% of your own....its still conservation.
  • Options
    Could be. I had this NAP affect my sims once, and since they were living in an apartment they couldn't place a solar panel, and they had no fuel for the generator. Eventually they went out for dinner and showered at the community market. It was a change of gameplay, reminded me of the power and water cuts during the communist regime in my country. 😂 Why use those NAPs if you're going to be self sufficient?
  • Options
    Why use those NAPs if you're going to be self sufficient?

To enforce my self-sufficient ways on the rest of the neighbors, of course. That's how we roll in America.... :trollface:
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Why use those NAPs if you're going to be self sufficient?

To enforce my self-sufficient ways on the rest of the neighbors, of course. That's how we roll in America.... :trollface:

Nothing says self sufficiency like a gas cannister powered stove. We need one of those in the sims. Not only it runs out occasionally, but there could also be a slight chance for it to explode. It would fit better in an apartment than a grill. Speaking of neighbours, there is not much to do with them, would be lovely if we could go and ask for various ingredients from them, like a cup of sugar, or some eggs, or get a milk subscription.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I'd LOVE it if we could go and ask the neighbors for a cup of sugar or some eggs!

For that gas canister powered stove, doesn't that already exist in the game? I know I can add an upgrade to my current stove that makes it require biofuel rather than running off the power grid. I haven't done the upgrade (yet) but I assumed that it turned the stove into one powered, basically, by biofuel canisters.
    It's an upgrade from the Eco Living pack, I am pretty sure. That's a new pack for me (I got that pack, plus cottage living and snow escape all for christmas).