Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me dissect this error

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,086 Member
While in build mode earlier I was putting a glass texture on a roof and when I went to bulldoze the roof the game crashed. Looking at Windows event viewer this is what it says:

Faulting application name: TS4_x64.exe, version: 1.82.99.1030, time stamp: 0x61832c32
Faulting module name: Simulation_x64.dll, version: 1.200.0.535, time stamp: 0x61832be8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005a9fb2
Faulting process ID: 0x634
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7fb4ce1471f69
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Simulation_x64.dll
Report ID: d9adb856-e6af-4b49-9850-c17bedfb3cce
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Was there a problem with a texture package in the game?

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Check your saves folder to see if you have a LastException file without a long number after it (most recent LE).

There might not be one as it might be a LastCrash file instead.

If it's a LastException file you can try pasting it here for a clue: https://lastexception.com

If it's a LastCrash file I'm not sure how you would interpret that.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Check your saves folder to see if you have a LastException file without a long number after it (most recent LE).

There might not be one as it might be a LastCrash file instead.

If it's a LastException file you can try pasting it here for a clue: https://lastexception.com

If it's a LastCrash file I'm not sure how you would interpret that.

There is a LastCrash file matching the time of this error in event viewer and a LastException file 14 minutes before the LastCrash file was logged.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Is this a recurring error (i.e., does it happen every time you bulldoze a glass roof)?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Is this a recurring error (i.e., does it happen every time you bulldoze a glass roof)?

This was the first ever time the game has crashed back to desktop since I've been playing on a new laptop since September this year. The laptop is way over the maximum system specifications.