Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cinematic Loading Screens

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Came across this post on Reddit and someone suggested that these scenes would make great loading screens. I’d love to see something like this for the Sims 4 or future iterations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/rlqm3y/back_in_2019_i_made_these_scenes_in_the_sims_4/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I think that fake car/bus/train/tram/metro driving would be better:

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited December 2021
    They are beautiful moving stills.

Some people say that adding these as loading screens would be more immersive, but unless there is a way to customize loading screens I’d have to disagree. Each of my saves looks and feels completely different to the shots shown in this video.

If I were to get a generic “travel between worlds” loading screen of a girl (or even my sim) sitting on a train, it might have the complete opposite effect and actually break the immersion. For example, my sims may or may not travel between worlds in very specific spaceships. Or by submarine. Or something else.

Unless I can see my spaceship travel through space, I don’t want to see anything but a blue loading screen. I’d rather close my eyes for a moment than be pulled out of the story by a beautiful cinematic shot that has no place in my sim’s world.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I didn't watch all of the scenes, but the few I saw seemed very nicely done. However, I don't want anything like that in my game, for the same reasons @CAPTAIN_NXR7 mentioned.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    That train ride looked so pretty and cozy. Wish sims could really travel like that. Train rides could be like secret lots, you enter them when you board the train.
    Regarding loading screens, I am fine with the blue ones we have now. In TS1 there used to be an image of the car you were travelling with on the blue loading screen as well. They could probably add more details without making it too specific so that it breaks immersion for people who play with custom content or alternate time lines and methods of travel.