Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One not really talked about way to improve your gameplay!

So, we all get bored of the sims, whether we admit it or not. But, one way that I've found that keeps me interested, is actually having them move and get house extensions. This can add gameplay, and you can add things that previously, you would've never had to space for, like a home theater, an office, heck, even a dungeon! Moving my sims around the world also can help add, as your sim will have to make friends with their new neighbors, and will have to (If you want to add the story) travel even further to see relatives.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    So, we all get bored of the sims, whether we admit it or not.

I don't. Good suggestion though for those who do. :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yea never bored here. Always feel like there's too much to do 😂😂 but these are good suggestions! My sims are never in the same place for long. I jump worlds and houses all the time. Not out of boredom but because I have so many amazing builds I want to live in them ALL 😂😂😂
    But sure it can keep gameplay interesting! Some sims I give multiple houses. (The rich ones)
    The homeless ones live from place to place.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I don't get bored either lol, but that is because there is still so much I know I haven't done in the game yet, like climb the mountain in Snowy Escape or find all the relics in the Jungle pack. I like your ideas though I'm going to try some of them.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I don't get bored so much as my attention wanders away to a different game. I hardly played Sims 4 at all in September thanks to a Witcher 3 playthrough I was busy with, and then when I did "Fallout 4 Unlimited" (basically a giant 150-hour extravaganza of all the sidequests plus all the DLC stuff; my character was Level 110 at the end of it), that ate up another three weeks.

Sims 4 was there when I was ready to come back to it, and I found a project in-game, my "next generation" raising up of a bunch of sim kids using my "rapid super sim" method that only takes 15-20 in-universe days to complete. No need to force it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    I don't get bored so much as my attention wanders away to a different game. I hardly played Sims 4 at all in September thanks to a Witcher 3 playthrough I was busy with, and then when I did "Fallout 4 Unlimited" (basically a giant 150-hour extravaganza of all the sidequests plus all the DLC stuff; my character was Level 110 at the end of it), that ate up another three weeks.

Sims 4 was there when I was ready to come back to it, and I found a project in-game, my "next generation" raising up of a bunch of sim kids using my "rapid super sim" method that only takes 15-20 in-universe days to complete. No need to force it.

I'm about to put the game aside for a while to watch Witcher season 2 this week, haven't played the game though but I like the show :))

• Options
    my attention wanders away to a different game.

Same for me with Animal Crossing. Probably why I don't get bored. I play a couple of other games regularly. And I know my daughter-in-law is getting me Big Brain Academy for Christmas so that'll be taking up some of my time. Yeah I peeked. 😄
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

I'm about to put the game aside for a while to watch Witcher season 2 this week, haven't played the game though but I like the show :))

I love that whole game series as well as the books they were based on, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the show was adapted (not perfectly, but better than many such shows have done). But to the thread topic, I do get bored at times, but not terribly often. Maybe because I don't play it in such a way that some would call "the right way." :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I jump worlds and houses all the time.
    But sure it can keep gameplay interesting! Some sims I give multiple houses. (The rich ones)

I do this. :) My legacy Sims have multiple homes to keep things fresh because I don't want them to officially move. Building the main house was a lot of work I don't want to replicate or give up, but it's fun to have them in different places so they spend time in each house, each with a slightly different vibe.

I also don't put everything in their homes, so that they have a reason to visit community lots. I always include at least one office and a gym in my house builds though if my Sims can afford it.

• Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I admire those people who can play with only one family on one lot forever. I would be get bored after the second generation and start a new game. My sims also move around the world and I like to build, from a real fancy houses to a tiny 8x4 box, also I prefer much more to decorate the outside decorations, big mansion have mostly empty rooms in my game. I never know what I should fill in these rooms, after I've have everything bought what I need.
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I'm envious of everyone who isn't getting bored.

I recently tried to start up the Sims 4 for the first time in almost a year and I just can't seem to get started. I know I haven't done everything, but I tend to fall into the same habits.

Moving and adding on definitely helps, but even that's something I've sort of ran into a wall with. I don't have a lot of options so I've basically already used all the lots and met all the neighbors at some point, so it just feels repetitive when I start a new family.

Incidentally, a feature I wish existed was a quicker and smoother way to edit worlds. One of the base worlds is empty which is great for customization in theory, but manually filling lots is a slog, and when I try to use the Gallery I often can't find very many options that are limited to the packs I have.

I think I'd be able to enjoy mixing it up more if there was some way to just randomize all the lots in a world with the touch of a button (I know that wouldn't be an easy feature to make), or at least quickly randomize families so I don't see the same neighbors every time I make a new family.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    So, we all get bored of the sims, whether we admit it or not.

Oh excuse me, haha. 😅
    I do not get bored of the sims. Happy to admit if I was. It’s not like I’m in a state of denial either…

“Admit that you’re bored of this game, Captain!”

“No…I’m not bo…”

“ADMIT IT! STOP LYING TO YOURSELF DUDE!”

“But…I’m happ…”

“NO! YOU’RE BORED! LOOK AT YOURSELF! YOU’RE A MESS! For heaven’s sake CLEAN yourself up!”

“But…I just had a lovely showe…”

“YOU NEED HELP CAPTAIN! GET HELP! This boredom will KILL you! Stop PRETENDING!”

I’m really invested in my sim stories. One of the reasons I’m not bored is due to my sims being of the adventurous sort and so they seek action and adventure anywhere beyond their own “homes”.
    For each story I almost rebuild entire neighborhoods and create new characters. I have many saves with many customized worlds and many stories. That’s how utterly bored I am.

Your suggestions are good for those who indeed find themselves a little on the bored side. I pity the fools.
    That last one was a joke. 😇

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't get bored with my sims but they do travel around a lot. I never add to home lots things that don't make sense, like an observatory, so if they want to use one, they need to travel to a lot that has one.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol, I don't get bored anymore either. I used to when I just played one household but I switched to rotation play quite a while ago and there's just so much variety it's impossible to get bored!

It makes it even more interesting to see all your different sims lives intertwining.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited December 2021
    I love it when my sims move. To find a new place that better suits their needs and settling in the new neighbourhood is very exciting. Many of my main families have moved, I find that the new house often gives a new angle to the play. Moving can start a whole new era in their life.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I play rotationally, and I do get bored sometimes ( I never got bored with sims 2 when I played it long ago ). But I play a vanilla game, and it is the annoyance of bugs that keeps me out more than boredom. Especially the plants reverting to dirt piles….. it is just so frustrating as most of my families have gardens, several with greenhouses. If they would fix those game breaking bugs I would play a lot more. Then I got a laundry bug. Then I got a bug where my musician couldn’t use the music set up in city living even though NPC’s could use it…..not sure if that bug is fixed yet either. Then I got a bug in dine out…..I don’t know what causes all these bugs as I don’t use mods or CC. But they annoy me enough to keep me from playing much. I play the game to relax and have fun. But the bugs cause me stress.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Thank you for the tip OP. That's kind of you.

I'm bored with the game right now... I have an old save with aging turned off, the game have done relationship culling again (the game will clear unplayed sims relationships to free up space in your save) so sims don't know each other anymore and the game does not offer enough variation for me to play these households or play new households and create relationships in my save and my worlds are full...

So right now only new packs are kinda keeping me interested because they offer some variation and since they have not released any packs since summer I have played other games like Snowrunner more instead these last few months. It's an an off-roading open world simulation video game where the player's job is to deliver cargo to different locations while driving over rough terrain. It's a difficult, but fun game.
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    So right now only new packs are kinda keeping me interested because they offer some variation

@logion do you think you'll stop playing completely once the final pack is released and you've explored that?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I don't get bored, I get annoyed ;) Whenever then happens, I migrate to Sims 2 until I get an inspiration that requires Sims 4 again. Sims 4 CAS is just so much more versatile, there's more to do and the worlds look stunning. I also play other games, fewer than I used to, but still regularly.

That said, moving with sims can be fun! Especially if you do not pre-furnish the new home, but take all your furniture with you, like one would in real life. Johnny Zest and Miko Ojo moved to an apartment in Myshuno, and it was both exciting with all the new career opportunities, but also a bit sad, seeing that they had lost their large outdoor space. The watering can just doesn't look the same on a window sill.
    The Millers to the contrary left downtown and bought a house in Newcrest. It's near empty at the moment, what they brought with them doesn't even begin to fill the space out. One of these days I'll need to make the Goths lose their property and have them try finding space for all their objects in an apartment (one of the larger ones probably).
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    logion wrote: »
    So right now only new packs are kinda keeping me interested because they offer some variation

do you think you'll stop playing completely once the final pack is released and you've explored that?

@simgirl1010 I don't know, I don't really believe in being "done" with a game. I will probably still play it sometime. I still hang around on the forums and I am still interested in the sims.
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

I love that whole game series as well as the books they were based on, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the show was adapted (not perfectly, but better than many such shows have done). But to the thread topic, I do get bored at times, but not terribly often. Maybe because I don't play it in such a way that some would call "the right way." :lol:

I have the books I am just debating if I want to read them before season 2 but I heard they more closely follow the books.

I don't think there is a right way to play the Sims lol, this forum introduced me to so many different ways of playing.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm too busy developing various different game saves. I currently have 8 different saves on the go, and in each of those saves I'm rebuilding all the different worlds as well as all the different households living in each of those worlds. Each save file has a specific theme going on throughout all the different worlds, so every lot and household is created based on that type of theme.

My current game saves:

- Very Vanilla (no cc or mods allowed)
    - Supernatural (everywhere and everyone is some kind of fantasy/occult)
    - Cosmic Chaos (Journey to Batuu and all things sci-fi/futuristic)
    - Apocalypse Now (grungy, desolate, off-grid, survival of the fittest - even the townies are struggling to survive!)
    - Winter Wonderland (all winter, all the time - not as easy as you think!)
    - Townies Takeover (where I play out the lives of premade Townies only - just the way Maxis made them)
    - Standard Gameplay (regular sims with regular families living out their regular lives in regular worlds)

And last, but not least:

- Gillisim Island (castaways living in Sulani - an awesome lot and household I downloaded from the gallery based off of the tv show Gilligan's Island, which then got me started on this whole theme throughout the island world)....

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip
    That started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship
    The mate was a mighty sailing man, the skipper brave and sure
    Five passengers set sail that day, on a three-hour tour
    A three-hour tour....."

:D

And of course I usually end up going down the rabbithole and getting lost in my gameplay with all the different households that I create.... I figure it's going to take me a couple of years to fully complete all of these different saves with their rebuilt worlds and households.

Boredom? No time for boredom!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @AncientMuse that sounds fab but I could never have so many saves, I'd be stuck for which one to play each time 😄

I love making over worlds and filling them with my sims, I can spend ages doing that. I just re-did my base starter save that I will play from, took me weeks of fun to do and now I'm ready for my big rotation. Well, almost lol. I just need to finish setting up a few clubs and give some of the sims likes and dislikes. Then I'm off!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don’t get bored because I play rotationally and my game is always changing.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2021
    I recently made a move decision.
    My sims started off in a home for the millionaire challenge. With all that money coming in, I added an upper level and made the interior of the house really nice, but I wasn't crazy about the house itself from the exterior.
    12-11-21_9-14-37_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    12-11-21_11-36-23_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-11-21_10-14-30_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-11-21_12-34-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-11-21_12-36-49_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-11-21_12-37-34_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-11-21_12-47-33_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I was going to have them start having a couple of children before moving, but found I was getting bored with the place, so I had them move.
    12-20-21_12-18-49_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I really did enjoy their old home and the process of building their fortune, but it was time to move on.
    12-20-21_12-21-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-20-21_12-20-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I actually enjoyed bringing over their old furniture and adding to it.12-21-21_6-14-29_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-20-21_6-27-09_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I wanted to bring what I liked about their last home to this one.
    This second living space between the bedrooms was one of those features.
    12-21-21_9-43-52_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12-21-21_9-55-49_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They can't really enjoy this now as it is fall and winter is coming.
    12-21-21_9-38-28_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But this time, they will change things up by wintering in Sulani.
    This is a retail lot, being used as a vacation home. I want my sims to own it, not rent it so they can spend some of that millionaire money.
    Plus they can keep their stuff here.
    12-20-21_8-16-43_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My game has long, 28 day seasons.
    Winters can get brutal, so my sims will spend half the winter in Sulani.
    They will get seven initial days of winter, 14 days of Sulani, hopefully it won't be wet the whole time, and then the will return for the final 7 days of winter and the holiday seasons. And then they will cross over to spring.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds