Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snapdragon failed to germinate: cottage living

I keep getting this over and over. I removed all my snapdragons. There is a planter box over in a garden area next to the monkey bars in a park like setting with a snapdragon flower in it. You can try to plant it but it won't plant. The error is a snapdragon failed to germinate. I tried to remove the flower but don't have that option. passers-by always try to plant it too, and that is why I am getting this message over and over. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do to fix it? Is this a feature of the pack or a bug?

Comments

• Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    Anybody?
  • Options
    BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I would love to know. It happens to me too, even when there are no plants present!
  • Options
    I found a reddit discussion that mentions it but no explanation or solution. I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing it though!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Hello there.

I haven't experienced this personally, but if you are okay with mods you could use one to delete the Snapdragon.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I think sometimes it depends on where you plant your flowers. I have had that happen and moved my flowers then they bloom. Try that and see what happens.
  • Options
    its on a common area lot, a park area, and I cannot move it, remove it completely, delete it, etc. The town people that walk along that path always try to plant it over and over, that causes the germination failed messages. There is a bug report on it and they asked for game saves but I don't really know how to send them my saves.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have had certain fruits/vegetable fail to germinate. The message also states to try planting in a larger area. Now, this doesn't pertain to HoB, per se, but I end up moving the seed to the front/back lawn unconfined by the planter box. Have you tried this yet? If not try it to see if it takes root.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    It isn't on my lot. I can't do anything with it. It is in a park area near my lot.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    If you use the MCCC mod, you can destroy it to get rid of it being a problem.
    To do that you just have to enable two things in MCCC: "Debug Commands in Cheats" and then enable testing cheats. (You can do that in MCCC or with the console, doesn't matter which). Once those two settings are both on, you can shift-click the object and destroying it is one of the options.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Thanks for that info stormkeep, that might be the only thing I am able to do . I don't use mods, at least I never have so I don't really know how to do that, it would require some research on my part. Today I went over to that lot and removed all the surrounding plants with the "uproot plant" interaction, but that didn't work either, it left all the harvestables floating in the air with the surrounding plants missing and then every sim that walks past still tries to plant that snapdragon. Maybe if I eliminate all the sim neighbors that walk around that path all day long trying to plant the snapdragon haha ... The way it begins is that there is a rotting plant there initially, and if you have a sim with the "neat" trait, they are going to remove it, that leaves an empty spot and then someone tries to plant something in that spot.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    If you have a spellcaster, this is a great use for Inferniate.

• Options
    So I saved my sims, saved their house, started a new game and put them in it ( you lose your entire inventory and I had some good stuff in there) that little park garden plot area starts out empty. Some neighbor sims are planting stuff over there and not tending them, stuff starts to rot, the harvestables just float above the plant, I can't harvest them ( I guess because they aren't mine? IDK I can harvest other stuff that isn't mine specifically) and then the spam begins when people start trying to plant stuff in the spots where a plant rotted and was removed. If anyone that reads this has time to play in cottage living, choose that lot that is empty and just build a basic house or dl one from the gallery, Behind that lot is the little park area, there are a couple of toys over there and a monkey bars, then adjacent to that is the little garden area. See if it happens to you.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @clea224, I've had my household living in the Old New Henford neighborhood for about 70 Sim days now and haven't had any issues with the community garden.

One of my Sims is a gardener and I've been evolving plants that are growing there, though not bothering to go harvest. Neighborhood sims do it alot though. I'm not sure if any plants there have died yet though, I don't think any have.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    FloRiderFloRider Posts: 1 New Member
    I have this same issue, it's from the "community" garden plots. Is there a cheat to use to get rid of them so there isn't notifications popping up every time the local Sims try to plant over other crops, maybe?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Hi @FloRider and welcome!
    There is a bug report for this issue here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Notification-Plant-Failed-To-Germinate/td-p/10537314
    In the comments are several recommendations for mod fixes, while we wait for the team to fix it for real.