Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

364 days until my sim ages up?? What???

I currently have aging set to long, which would be 94 days for Young Adults, and I have 4 Young Adults who are about 35 days into that lifespan.

I noticed sims weren't aging at the rate I expected given my settings and figured there was something weird going on with aging. I have MCCC installed, so I decided to just make the MCCC lifespans the same as the default long lifespans to make sure everyone would have the long lifespan length.

Now it says my Young Adults have 364 days until they age up. My child has over 100 days until she ages up (should be 56 total for child).

Whaaat??? Has anyone run into this before? Ideas on how to fix it?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited December 2021
    What happens is that MCCC uses multiples (4 times, if I recall correctly) of your number on the "long" option and halves the number if you use the "short" option. If you want exactly the number you choose, you have to use the "normal" option. I was confused by that too, at first (I did that when I first started using MCCC for custom lifespans). :lol:

Edit: To clarify, I meant that the game option needs to be set at Normal, even if your custom age numbers are the same as Long. Alternatively, leave the game option at Long and change the number in MCCC to your current one divided by 4.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @VeeDub Thank you so much!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    You're very welcome. I think I confused myself when I first replied, thus the edits to try and get both of us to know what I meant. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @VeeDub LOL. Yeah, I didn't know what you were saying at first, but then when I read the edit, I was like, "Oh, I get it now."
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    It's why i like MCCC, with time compression to slow down time passing during the day and many days on a sims life, you can really experience what the game offers. it beats having to rush around to try gain the right skills and promotions up the ranks in nearly game 50 days before your sim becomes an elder and that can be done in one sitting. it's too hectic and too short. with MCCC it could take days if not weeks to get through one sims life instead and they can lead a very prosperous life in the process.