Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Campbell Legacy - Update 12/17

NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
Hello! I wanted to start a thread to help myself keep better track of my story. My goal is to hit ten generations, but I'm not following any specific rules. The story begins following the life of a young man named Johnny Campbell.

INTRODUCTION
WbL5LU6.png
Jonathan "Johnny" Campbell
Creative
Romantic
Music Lover

Johnny grew up in Willow Creek and was the only child of Douglas and Alma Campbell. His father, Douglas, is a successful fashion designer with his own clothing brand. His mother, Alma, is a former supermodel turned fashion photographer. At a young age, Johnny was thrust into a life of fame. He began his modeling career as a baby; he was featured in dozens of advertisements for baby foods, diapers, and toys. His career continued into childhood as Johnny became the youngest runway model in a major fashion show.

His upbringing left Johnny feeling lonely. His parents did not allow him to attend public school; they believed homeschool was the best option for Johnny's education and flourishing career. Their choice made it hard for Johnny to make friends, and he struggled connecting with children his age. Instead of playing with other children, Johnny would spend his free time with his grandparents, Angus and Maisie Campbell. The two had a profound influence on Johnny's life. In his youth, Angus was a struggling musician who was never signed to a record label. Together with his wife, they now own a "mom and pop" arts and crafts store in Willow Creek.

Like his grandfather, Johnny developed a passion for music. Angus emboldened Johnny to pursue his passion and taught Johnny how to play the guitar, piano, and violin. Douglas was unhappy with his son's pursuit in music; he often feared that Johnny would follow in Angus' footsteps. Angus had spent many years trying to break into the music industry, and he would spend most of Douglas' childhood away from home. His absence left Douglas feeling resentful toward his father.

At the beginning of the story, Johnny is signed to Prime Model Management, and he is considered one of the top male models in the industry. While he does enjoy modeling, Johnny's dream is to become a successful musician.
Post edited by NightlyCoffee on

Comments

• Options
    Chapter 1.1
    iVhxg3G.png

DAVID
    How did I know I'd find you in here?

Johnny's eyes glance away from the bottle to the man standing across the counter. Johnny smiles playfully.

JOHNNY
    G'morning, David! I made breakfast.

DAVID
    Juice on the rocks? At 7:30 in the morning? Didn't you have enough to drink last night?

Johnny laughs and slides a glass toward David.

QYDKLt0.png

JOHNNY
    I couldn't find the coffee.

DAVID
    You mean the coffee right behind you?

Johnny grins.

JOHNNY
    Well, no sense in wastin' good juice now.

Johnny and David sit at the counter and raise their glasses. Johnny takes a sip of his juice.

JOHNNY
    Ah! That's the good stuff.

ALLISON
    What are you two doing?

The two men turn their head toward the voice. Allison, David's wife, stands with her hands on her hips behind Johnny and David.

JOHNNY
    G'morning, Allison.

DAVID
    Hey, baby. Johnny and I are just having a healthy and balanced breakfast of... juice on the rocks.

ALLISON
    (PLAYFUL) I hope you made me breakfast, too.

JOHNNY
    Sure did! Here, have at it.

Allison moves toward the counter, grabs the glass, and takes a sip.

e9oYIap.png

ALLISON
    How did you sleep last night, Johnny?

JOHNNY
    Between David snorin' and you hoggin' the covers, I'd say I don't think I got enough beauty sleep.

DAVID
    That's why I need you in bed with us! I need you to keep me warm since Allison always steals the sheets at night.

The three laugh and share fun memories from last night. After some time, Johnny reaches for his phone on the counter and checks the time.

JOHNNY
    I wish I could hang out longer, but I got to go. I have a photoshoot today.

DAVID
    Yeah? What is this one for?

JOHNNY
    You ever heard of Waterfall In A Bottle? I'm doing an ad campaign for them. Y'all gonna see my pretty face on a billboard in San Myshuno.

ALLISON
    Speaking of San Myshuno, weren't you looking for a place there?

Johnny nods.

JOHNNY
    (DISAPPOINTED) Yeah, I found the perfect place. It was a penthouse in the Arts Quarter. Someone beat me to it though.

DAVID
    Aw... I'm sorry, Johnny. That bachelor pad would have been fun to hang out at. Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be a bachelor anymore.

JOHNNY
    Hey! It's not like I'm not looking. I just haven't found the one yet.

ALLISON
    How will you know if you find the one?

Johnny closes his eyes. For a brief moment, he's silent and lost in thought.

JOHNNY
    I imagine... I imagine you're trapped... Alone in a dark, cold cave. Your fingers are bloody... numb... Your lips are cracked... blue. Each strike becomes more and more desperate. You keep goin' because, without that fire... you'll die. Then suddenly... BAM! Fire! That spark is the most beautiful thing you've ever laid eyes on. That warmth brings you unimaginable comfort... That burning below breathes life into you.

DAVID
    (PLAYFUL) Usually when you feel a burning below, you need to visit a doctor.

Johnny laughs and playfully shoves David's shoulder.

JOHNNY
    Don't ruin if for me, David!

ALLISON
    Don't listen to him, Johnny. You'll find your fire eventually.

JOHNNY
    Thanks, Allison. Look, I got to head out now. Thanks for letting me raid your bar.

ALLISON
    Of course, Johnny. You're always welcomed here.

DAVID
    Yeah, and when you finally get your own place, maybe you'll let us raid your bar at 7:30 am.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I like how you're approaching your legacy. It's a fresh take. Your founder isn't starting with 0 simoleons and an empty lot, but with a full backstory and a career. I'm kind of familiar with Johnny because of your posts in the other threads, so I'm already looking forward to certain things, like idk maybe him finding the one for him... Anyway, this is fun. I like his friends. Drinking at 7:30am - that seems like a really really late night drink to me, not breakfast. :D Did Johnny sleep at all or just give up because of the snoring and lack of covers? Out of curiosity, how many days are your Sims' life stages?
  • Options
    Thank you @haneul !

I imagined Johnny didn't sleep much at all, which is why he was so eager to start his day with a drink. :D

For ages, I just added a couple more weeks for most life stages.
    Toddler: 42 days
    Child and teen remain at 56 days each
    YA: 112 days
    Adult: 196 days
    Elders: 112 days
  • Options
    Chapter 1.2
    95aVCOY.png

ALMA
    Johnny! Where have you been? I was worried!

JOHNNY
    Mama, you worry too much. I'm here now.

Alma sighs.

ALMA
    We have a photoshoot today. You didn't forget, did you?

JOHNNY
    Of course I didn't.

Johnny leans forward and flashes his mother a winsome smile.

JOHNNY
    When have I ever let you down, Mama?

Alma returns the smile. She gently cups Johnny's face with her hands.

ALMA
    Never. Now, let me grab my equipment and we'll head out.

Johnny and Alma arrive in Oasis Springs. Alma scans the area and positions her tripod to face the lake. She pulls out her tablet and quickly reviews the gig requirements. After a brief moment, she motions Johnny to move into position.

ALMA
    Okay, sweetie. It looks like the client wants a topless photoshoot with you pouring their product over your head.

JOHNNY
    Another topless shoot? When am I going to get something classy?

ALMA
    We can speak with your agent, Adrian, for some better gigs. But, you know what they say, "WooHoo sells."

Johnny sighs and removes his shirt.

tgKfaRl.png

ALMA
    Johnny, have you been working out? When was the last time you went to the gym?

JOHNNY
    I worked out last night, Mama.

ALMA
    You did? Where? And don't say you jogged to the bakery. That doesn't count.

JOHNNY
    At a friend's house.

ALMA
    Really? Doing what?

Johnny pauses and grins impishly.

JOHNNY
    (PLAYFUL) Push-ups.

Alma remains silent for a moment until she realizes what her son actually meant. Alma throws her hands up in disgust.

ALMA
    Johnny! Really?

Johnny laughs.

ALMA
    But seriously, sweetie, your image is really important. I was a model, too. I know how stressful it is to maintain your image, but it's part of the job.

JOHNNY
    (ANNOYED) Yeah, I know. You've been telling me that my whole life.

ALMA
    C'mon. We need to finish this photoshoot before the sun goes down.

Alma reaches into her equipment bag and pulls out a bottle of Waterfall In A Bottle. She tosses the bottle to Johnny, who catches it with one hand.

JOHNNY
    Tell me when you're ready.

Alma nods and signals to Johnny she's ready. He twists off the cap and begins pouring the contents over his head.

c1FDU8U.png

ALMA
    Perfect! Keep going!

JOHNNY
    Ah...! I think I got some in my eyes. Is there SOAP in this?!

ALMA
    Maybe? I don't know... The client did say not to drink it. Here, take this bottle and don't get it in your eyes this time.

Alma throws a second bottle to Johnny. This time, the bottle smacks him in the face.

JOHNNY
    OW! MOM!

ALMA
    I'm sorry! I thought you would catch it! You caught the first one!

JOHNNY
    Because I could SEE the first one!

ALMA
    You know, I actually think I got the perfect shot already.

JOHNNY
    You could've said that before you hit me with the bottle.

Alma sighs and hands Johnny a towel.

ALMA
    Dry off and come look at the pictures. Isn't this one nice?

t1EJ50k.png

JOHNNY
    I don't know, Mama. I think I could've done better.

ALMA
    What? Don't be silly. I was even able to get the waterfall behind you in the shot. I think the client will love this.

Alma taps a few buttons on her tablet then nods.

ALMA
    ...Sent! There, all done! I'm feeling a bit hungry now. Why don't we grab something to eat?
  • Options
    lanternlantern Posts: 7 New Member
    Wow this is a interesting storyline tbh, definitly gonna follow this topic for a while!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Chapter 1.3
    6JycIz3.png

WAITRESS
    Welcome to Cumin' Go! What can we get for you today?

JOHNNY
    We'll both have the same thing: curry and unsweetened iced tea.

WAITRESS
    All of our iced tea here is unsweetened.

JOHNNY
    I'm sorry. We're from Willow Creek so if we don't specify, we always end up with sweet tea.

The waitress nods and smiles.

WAITRESS
    I understand. We'll have your order out shortly.

Alma inhales deeply, then lets out a long, delightful sigh.

ALMA
    I miss the smell of the Spice Market. You know, I used to live here when I first started modeling. My favorite memory was waking up every day to the delicious aroma from the market stalls. I never needed to cook a thing!

JOHNNY
    (PLAYFUL) That must have been so nice for you, Mama. I know how much you hate cookin' and all.

ALMA
    I don't hate cooking.

JOHNNY
    Yes you do.

ALMA
    Fine! I do, but I used to cook for you all the time when you were a toddler.

JOHNNY
    (SARCASTIC) Ah, yes! I remember when you used to cook my favorite meal.

ALMA
    Don't say it.

JOHNNY
    Burnt grilled cheese.

ALMA
    (DEFENSIVE) First of all, it's all I know how to cook! Second of all, who has time to stand in front of a stove for 30 minutes?!

JOHNNY
    That's the problem, Mama! You think it takes 30 minutes to make a grilled cheese!

ALMA
    Isn't it like 15 minutes per side?

JOHNNY
    No! It's more like 2 minutes per side.

ALMA
    Oh well. You still ate it and never complained.

JOHNNY
    I was a toddler, Mama! I didn't know grilled cheese wasn't supposed to be black until Nana made it for me one night. She even used butter on the bread and a whole piece of cheese!

Alma turns away and crosses her arms over her chest.

ALMA
    I was trying to save calories.

Johnny smiles warmly.

JOHNNY
    Mama, I'm just kidding around with you. You know I love you.

Alma's expression softens.

ALMA
    I love you too.

The waitress returns and carefully sets Johnny and Alma's order on the table.

WAITRESS
    Here you go! I hope you enjoy your meal.

Johnny smiles and nods his head to the waitress.

JOHNNY
    Thank you.

Sometime during their meal, Johnny circles back to a previous comment his mother had made.

JOHNNY
    You used to live out here in San Myshuno. What do you think of the Arts Quarter?

Alma takes a sip of her tea.

ALMA
    It's nice. There's a beautiful fountain with a waterfall near the arts center. I did a photoshoot for Smogue Magazine there once. Why?

JOHNNY
    I was looking for a place. There's a penthouse in the Arts Quarter that was for sale. It already sold, but it was really nice...

sq1r7vd.png

ALMA
    (SURPRISED) What!? You're thinking about moving out?!

JOHNNY
    Well, yeah. I'm an adult now. I kind of want my own place.

Alma waves her hand dismissively.

ALMA
    That's unnecessary, Johnny. Your father and I are happy with you at home. You don't need to leave.

JOHNNY
    I think it's time for me to fly from the nest. I want to spread my wings, Mama. I want to be free... Free to make my own decisions... Free to live my life on my own terms. I want to pursue the things I want--

ALMA
    Don't say it, Johnny.

JOHNNY
    --Music, Mama. I want to pursue music.

ALMA
    (ANNOYED) We've been down this road before, Johnny. Your father and I believe you should continue focusing on your modeling career.

JOHNNY
    I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions.

ALMA
    Yes, but we want you to make good decisions.

Johnny groans.

JOHNNY
    You know, Mama, I have a good decision. I'm ending this conversation. Waitress, check please!
    Post edited by NightlyCoffee on
  • Options
    @lantern Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Chapter 2.1
    Po9uOHG.png

MAISIE
    Happy Family Day, Johnny! I wasn't expecting you this early. Dinner won't be ready for a little bit.

JOHNNY
    Happy Family Day, Nana. I thought maybe I could stop by early to see if you needed any help in the kitchen.

MAISIE
    That's so sweet of you, honey bun. Everything is already in the oven though.

Maisie pauses for a brief moment.

MAISIE
    Actually, there is something else you could help me with.

JOHNNY
    What is it, Nana?

MAISIE
    It's your grandfather. He bought a Slip 'N Slide.

Johnny snorts.

JOHNNY
    You've gotta be kiddin' me?

MAISIE
    I'm not. Could you go out back to see if he's still alive?

Laughing, Johnny nods and saunters through the kitchen to the back porch. He finds his grandfather, Angus, reading an instruction manual. Angus hears the sliding glass door and glances toward the sound. As soon as his eyes catch a glimpse of Johnny, they light up. He tosses the manual onto the table behind him and throws his arms around his grandson.

kFCNMoZ.png

ANGUS
    Hey, buddy! I didn't know it was time for dinner already.

JOHNNY
    It's not time yet. I just wanted to stop by and see if you and Nana needed any help getting dinner ready.

ANGUS
    Your grandmother took care of everything. Me, on the other hand, I took care of this baby!

Angus motions to the large Slip 'N Slide in the backyard. He nods proudly.

ANGUS
    I just finished setting it up. Want to try it out with me?

JOHNNY
    Don't you think you're a little too old for a Slip 'N Slide?

Angus shakes his head.

ANGUS
    You're never too old for these things! Oh! I'm glad you came over early. I got you something, too!

JOHNNY
    Blowing through all your money, eh?

ANGUS
    The shop's been doing well lately. I had some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I thought I'd get you something nice. Here, this is for you.

Eo5iBWM.png

JOHNNY
    (EXCITED) A... guitar!

ANGUS
    Happy Family Day, Johnny.

JOHNNY
    Papa, you didn't need to get me another one. I was going to buy one when I moved out.

ANGUS
    I know that place in San Myshuno didn't work out for you. I thought maybe I could get you something to cheer you up. You still know how to play it, right?

Johnny runs his fingers along the strings of the guitar. He casually plucks the strings and makes a playful tune.

WKAmyw9.png

JOHNNY
    Mmhmm... It's like second nature to me, Papa.

ANGUS
    Let's hope Douglas doesn't smash this one.

Johnny stops and sets the guitar down.

JOHNNY
    That was my fault... I was a dumb 16 year old who thought I could sneak out with my best friend James and get drinks at a nightclub. We got caught by the bouncer. Dad lost his mind. He picked up that old guitar and smashed it on the ground.

Angus sighs.

ANGUS
    I'm not so sure it was just about you though. He was so angry with me when I got that guitar for your birthday.

MAISIE
    Johnny! Gus! Douglas and Alma are pulling up now. Gus, could you set the table for me?

ANGUS
    Sure, let me just run to the bathroom first.

MAISIE
    Don't prank the toilet.

Angus laughs nervously.

ANGUS
    Oh c'mon! You don't think I'd actually do that?

JOHNNY
    You did for last year's Family Day dinner.

ANGUS
    Okay, I did! It was funny though.

JOHNNY
    Maybe for you. Mama came running out of the bathroom. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. Her brand new designer dress was covered in toilet water and purple dye. You know, that dress was 30,000 Simoleons, Papa.

ANGUS
    (ASHAMED) I learned my lesson that day: never prank the toilet when Alma visits.

JOHNNY
    Actually, the lesson is don't prank toilets at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Chapter 2.2
    8nA9O0n.png

DOUGLAS
    Happy Family Day, Mom. It smells great in the kitchen.

MAISIE
    Douglas, sweetie! I'm so glad you're here now. I'll get the plates ready.

DOUGLAS
    Do you need any help?

Maisie shakes her head and goes back inside. Douglas turns to Johnny.

DOUGLAS
    Happy Family Day, Jonathan.

JOHNNY
    Yup. Happy Family Day, Dad.

DOUGLAS
    I spoke with your mother this morning. She told me you were looking for your own place.

JOHNNY
    I am. It's not going as well as I had hoped.

DOUGLAS
    I'd like to talk to you about it after dinner. I'm hungry, so let's go inside and eat.

Inside, Maisie sets the meal on the dining table. Everyone gathers around the table and grabs their serving.

j5VFJKA.png

JOHNNY
    Mmm... This looks delicious. I'm going to try a bit of everything... The ham, green beans, potatoes... Oh, and especially that chocolate pie!

Johnny reaches over and cuts a large slice of chocolate pie and sets it on his plate. Alma watches in discontent.

MAISIE
    I made that just for you, honey bun. I know how much you love pie. Do you want some whip cream on it?

JOHNNY
    Sure do!

DOUGLAS
    Mom, this food looks amazing. Thank you for cooking for us tonight.

MAISIE
    You're welcome. Hopefully, it tastes as good as it looks.

JOHNNY
    (WITH FOOD IN MOUTH) Mmm... It does!

Maisie smiles and turns her attention to Alma.

MAISIE
    Alma, is everything okay? Do you need anything from the fridge?

kVsCJmy.png

ALMA
    Oh, no no. It's fine. Um, Johnny, sweetie? Are you already on your second serving?

JOHNNY
    Yeah. Don't worry, I'll save you some.

ALMA
    Aren't you full yet? You've had so much food already.

JOHNNY
    But it's Nana's cooking... It's impossible not to go for seconds.

ALMA
    Pie is very fattening. Johnny, you need--

ANGUS
    --Let the boy eat, Alma!

ALMA
    (ANGRY) He's a model, Angus. He needs to keep his weight in check, which is almost impossible to do when he eats here!

Johnny groans loudly and throws his fork on the plate. Maisie reaches over and gently places her palm on Johnny's hand.

MAISIE
    (WHISPERING) It's okay, Johnny. You can keep eating.

ANGUS
    I think he does a great job at keeping in shape. You're always too hard on him, Alma. The poor boy used to be afraid to eat anything when he spent the night. Just let him eat!

iwoNpKH.png

DOUGLAS
    We are his parents. Not you.

ANGUS
    I'm his grandfather and I care about him as much as you do. Alma needs to lay off, and you need--

DOUGLAS
    --I'm not going to take parenting advice from you. You act like Alma and I starved our child. Jonathan ate healthy balanced meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

ANGUS
    All right. I'll drop it. You could at least call him Johnny though. He's already told you that's what he prefers.

JOHNNY
    Mmhmm. That's true.

Douglas carefully sets his fork down. With a sigh, he turns his attention to Johnny and clasps his hands together.

DOUGLAS
    I named you Jonathan, and that's what I prefer to call you.

As he stares scornfully at his father, Johnny leans back in his chair and runs his tongue over his teeth. Alma, Maisie, and Angus become visibly uncomfortable.

JOHNNY
    How 'bout I call you what I want? What about your nickname? Dougie.

Douglas scowls.

feK7bh2.png

DOUGLAS
    You will call me Dad.

JOHNNY
    Nah. I think I prefer to call you Dougie.

DOUGLAS
    I hate my nickname--

JOHNNY
    --Well I hate my name and you still want to call me it.

DOUGLAS
    That's different!

JOHNNY
    No it's not!

MAISIE
    Enough! You two are just like each other: too stubborn and prideful! If we let you, you'd argue all night because both of you need to have the last word!

DOUGLAS
    If I remember correctly, you used to tell me that you hoped I would have a child just like me.

JOHNNY
    How's that working out for you, Dougie?

Douglas slams his fists on the table.

DOUGLAS
    You're a cocky son of a b***h.

JOHNNY
    That's not a nice thing to call Mama.

MAISIE
    (ANNOYED) Can I remind you both that it's Family Day?

Johnny turns away and crosses his arms. Douglas stands and takes in a deep breath.

DOUGLAS
    I'm sorry, Mom. Let me help clean up tonight.
  • Options
    Chapter 2.3
    wnu3MKi.png

ALMA
    Come sit with us, sweetie. Your father made breakfast this morning. Doesn't it look delicious?

JOHNNY
    I'm not hungry. I thought that would make you happy, Mama.

ALMA
    Oh stop. Don't be so difficult. Just sit down.

Johnny rolls his eyes and aggressively pulls the dining chair out and sits. He leans back, crosses his arms, and begins pushing his tongue against his cheek. Douglas looks to Alma who smiles reassuringly. He clears his throat.

DOUGLAS
    I'm sorry about what happened yesterday.

JOHNNY
    Okay.

DOUGLAS
    You're not still angry with me, are you?

JOHNNY
    Nope.

DOUGLAS
    Are you going to say more than one word?

JOHNNY
    Nope.

Douglas lets out an exasperated sigh. Alma intervenes.

ALMA
    I told your father about the penthouse you wanted in San Myshuno. I know you want to leave, but I thought maybe we could discuss another arrangement. Douglas?

DOUGLAS
    Jona--Johnny, I always knew that this day would come--

ALMA
    --And that also means you must have planned ahead, Douglas, and you have a plan in motion to convince our son to stay home.

DOUGLAS
    No, Alma. I support Johnny's decision to move out.

ALMA
    What? Why?!

JOHNNY
    (SURPRISED) You do?

DOUGLAS
    Of course I support you.

JOHNNY
    What about music though?

Douglas remains silent for a moment. He bites his upper lip and forces a smile.

DOUGLAS
    That's a discussion for another day.

Johnny scoffs.

JOHNNY
    You're so full of s**t.

ALMA
    (DESPERATE) Johnny, our home is so big. When you get angry with your father, you can just move to the other side of the house until you calm down. Why would you need to leave?

Johnny raises one brow in confusion.

JOHNNY
    That is the dumbest s**t I've ever heard, Mama. Why would I need to move to the other side of the house when I could just have my own place away from Dad and you?

ALMA
    (DESPERATE) But who would cook you breakfast?

JOHNNY
    Me.

A devilish smirk dances on Johnny's lips.

Jhzcdzf.png

JOHNNY
    I'll be able to eat whatever I want. Like Nana's homemade sourdough bread.

Alma raises her upper lip in disgust.

ALMA
    You're threatening me with leaving... and eating junk!?

JOHNNY
    Sourdough bread isn't junk, Mama. But maybe I will eat some "junk" for breakfast. Maybe a couple slices of pie. F**k it! Maybe the whole d**n pie! I'll put some ice cream on top. Maybe some whip cream, too. You know what, Mama. Maybe I'll just eat the d**n whip cream straight out of the can... and put it back in MY fridge in MY home.

ALMA
    Johnny! No!

DOUGLAS
    I hate when you do that... The milk, too!

JOHNNY
    (DEFENSIVE) What?! We're family!

DOUGLAS
    That doesn't mean we want to drink your backwash!

At that moment, Johnny's phone buzzes. He looks down and sees a text message from his friend, James.

JOHNNY
    Headin' out.

ALMA
    Wait! Where are you going?

JOHNNY
    I'm going to the gym. I'm sure you're relieved, Mama.

DOUGLAS
    Johnny, we're not done talking about moving out. I want to help you find a place--

JOHNNY
    --Don't bother, Dad.

YRVSCNp.png

Johnny travels to Crawdad Quarter in Willow Creek and meets up with his best friend and fellow model, James Alder. James has been modeling for Prime Model Management with Johnny for a couple of years, and Johnny considers James the first real friend he ever made. Both Johnny and James have stressful home lives, and their shared experiences have made them grow close. The two spend a couple hours working out together at the gym.

Meanwhile, at home...

ALMA
    What are you doing?

DOUGLAS
    I just finished speaking with the landlord for the penthouse Johnny wanted. Someone did buy it, but their offer fell through. The landlord hasn't relisted the penthouse yet.

ALMA
    Are you going to tell Johnny?

DOUGLAS
    Even better. I'm going to buy it for him.