Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we have enough food and drinks?

ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback

I love all the amazing new recipes we got this year! :heart: There is still so much more I am hoping for, am I the only one? I still hope they will add some new recipes with the new delivery system or gift one in an update, I'd love Pad Thai, Mashed Potatoes, Bubble Tea, Poutine French Fries, Onion Rings, Avocado Smoothies, Cotton Candy, Potato Salad, Gourmet Pizzas (for delivery and to bake in the oven), Lasagna, Nachos, Kimchi, Milkshakes, Egg Nog, Oatmeal maker to make oatmeal with toppings like the ice cream one, a smoothie maker, a salad/produce blender, fruit processor, and also I'm still dreaming of the day I can bake cupcakes in my oven. What do you think? Do we have enough food now? If you pick option 2 please post your wishlist :smiley:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Do we have enough food and drinks? 159 votes

Yes, we have so many recipes now I can't decide what to cook
25%
CK213Mstybl95IcewolfPlayerSinger2010Mariefoxprice83BoergeAarg61simgirl1010luthienrisingRoboSpongiebarracuda1574DarkLady2788SimplyJenHarukotyanbixterscece15624benson2006Thenyoukissmewormstache999cyncieOnverser 41 votes
No way, I would love more recipes, desserts, beverages, appliances, food stalls, BBQ options...
72%
crocobauraauroraael14LeGardePourpreKita5399Goth583Monet11GraceyManorTheSpotted_CSusanaLeotekeekee53Lavasm77CaitxcatRococo1256ilovejewel17Anmirlainvisiblgirlfriendlysimmersg01denswanloubylouloualanmichael1 115 votes
Food? What's that? I use a Mod for my Sims needs
0%
VeeDub 1 vote
My Sims only BBQ
0%
Nate_Whiplash1 1 vote
My Sims only drink beverages
0%
My Sims dine at restauarants
0%
bbdarlingo8s 1 vote
My Sims don't cook they order pizza
0%

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No way, I would love more recipes, desserts, beverages, appliances, food stalls, BBQ options...
    I'm a diabetic. There are so many things I either can't have or don't allow myself to have for the sake of living a long life and seeing my potential grand children some day. I love the sims and how many new foods and recipes get added. I'll NEVER say no to more recipes!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Cooking and eating are two of my favorite things in the game (RL, too)

A list, hmm... Red beans and rice, shrimp and grits, jambalaya, chicken and dumplings, meatloaf, cornbread, maque choux, boudin, ... is that enough? LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    mmmm boudin and jambalaya... now I'm hungry! Maybe some crawfish ettoufe too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    mmmm boudin and jambalaya... now I'm hungry! Maybe some crawfish ettoufe too!

Absolutely! :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2021
    I would love some more soups, breakfast options and special child friendly menus (something like my hits for kids dishes for TS2: https://modthesims.info/d/412486/thai-translation-01-05-11-hits-for-kids-part-i.html).

On the other hand, there actually are other areas of the game that I feel are much more lacking than foods, so I guess I'd rather take something else.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I often cheat the needs on my sims unless I have story reasons for not doing so. But at the same time, sometimes there are also story reasons for cooking or making drinks. I do feel that we have a lot of food dishes, probably plenty by now (for me, anyway), but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more drinks added at some point.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Actually, I usually don’t play families so I don’t pay attention to what they cook and eat unless they need to cook large meals. They just do what they want when they want.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    The only recipes I really be excited about at this point would be more functional plasma fruit recipes so my foodie vampires can eat something besides salads for once lol.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    My Sims only BBQ
    I'm a lazy simmer--I'll have them cook hot dogs or burgers on the grill, and that's all they eat all week
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I love food both IRL and as a crafting item in games, and I want to be able to RP my sims having favorite foods from all around the world. There's a good bit of that now, but I'll never say no to more!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes, I would like new food and drink options!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Food has never been something I've cared for in sims games, I usually just default to the same few foods for my sims. I wouldn't be bothered if they didn't add any more
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I love to cook , irl and in game, sure!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would love for the tea objects to become playable. Also I would love for my sims to be able to drink hot chocolate,
    eat apple candies & drink/eat any other yummy holiday treats. :p
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I love the variety we have, and would say Yes Please to any kind of food people want. And then, a way to filter all the options into more categories would also be a great addition.

Wish list: I'd really love a chocolate/confectionary skill. Turn all those fruits into sweet treats, add a way to make sugar in game. Pics of what I'd love to have in spoiler:
    jT3wRGg.png
    tTPKtDH.png
    8bOmTIv.png
    DOmK8m7.png
    WF7sUZk.png
    snTAmJ6.png
    3qGFI9E.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Additional option: My sims are usually vampires so they don't really care what their food eats

(though now that i think of it maybe they do maybe they have "free sim plasma" or something thats better quality idk)

+ I don't really care whats on my sims plate that much like okay I wouldn't mind lasagna cause i freaking love lasagna

or like when they do travel pack or something sure its nice to have some local food to use for restaurants

but also like does that particularily change my gameplay? not really

+ as long as its vaguely similar its like good enough for me

like it doesn't matter to me if salad is autumn salad or caesar salad or superfood salad or whatever the heck salad as long as theres one type of salad thats enough i can imagine its the best salad in the world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Additional option: My sims are usually vampires so they don't really care what their food eats

Oh, so are mine, usually! So, more plasma required recipes, please!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2021
    I feel like we have plenty except for vegan options.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    One of the small things I look forward to every pack is what kind of new foods and drinks are added.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited December 2021
    While I'm not disappointed with the food choices we do have, I would love to see more new options, too. I think it's fun to have my Sims learn to make the dishes they try at the festivals in San Myshuno, and those they discover at the food stalls around my world.

@FatTribble23 Your choices sound REALLY delicious. I'd also love to see chicken and waffles (Amish style), chicken pot pie, cheesesteaks, latkes, and Maryland crab cakes. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Ohh your food suggestions all sound so good! And yes plasma food! :smiley: I didn't think of that but when I play Vampires I do wish they could eat plasma foods to build up their needs bar, especially since the packs don't fill the thirst need very much. I really like the animation when they stick a straw in the plasma fruit and drink straight from it lol. Do they do that for coconuts? I'm going to test that out later..
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I would love more french dishes. Boeuf bourguignon, cassoulet, coq au vin, artisanal breads and baguette. And desserts like Paris-brest, Saint-honoré, fraisier, etc.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    I would love more recipes, but lately my Cook menu has gotten very laggy :/
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Mine's pretty laggy, too, and I don't even have all the packs or any CC foods at all.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »

Mine's pretty laggy, too, and I don't even have all the packs or any CC foods at all.

Mine got a bit laggy lately too. If I sell off food ingredients it gets a bit better but sometimes there are food ingredients collecting in the house inventory, not sure how that is happening .