Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot stop trees from going through "fast loop"

Hi! I've got a problem, that I kinda created myself. I have a town in which I wanted only summer and spring, but I forgot to disable fall and winter. The fall started and leaves started falling from trees, so I opened game options and disabled fall and winter. The season changed to spring, but the trees were still losing leaves so I used "testingcheatsenabled true" to try and fix that. I clicked on ground with shift and chose "seasons -> trees -> fast loop" and waited till the trees were green again. When it happened I clicked on ground with shift again and chose "seasons -> trees -> stop the loop", but the trees turned brown and lost leaves again and they kept going through the fast loop. I started and stopped the loop several times more, but it did nothing. Long story short - trees in the whole town are stuck on fast loop and I cannot bear with it anymore .-.
I'm using NRaas mods and when it started happening I got Tempest in hope it would help, but it doesn't seem to have any helpful options for my situation.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2021
    My initial reaction, although I now see that I failed to type it out, when I saw your post on the New Members thread, was to suggest saving and reloading the game but obviously you have already tried that by now.

If you have NRaas MasterController in play, perhaps an MC Reset Everything run from the Town menu on City Hall/in game computer might help break the cycle?

If not, can you maybe re-enable fall and winter temporarily, make it be fall, and then try stopping the loop?

If all else fails, do you have a save you can revert to from before you engaged the testingcheats tree command?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    deavvedeavve Posts: 20 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    If you have NRaas MasterController in play, perhaps an MC Reset Everything run from the Town menu on City Hall/in game computer might help break the cycle?

If not, can you maybe re-enable fall and winter temporarily, make it be fall, and then try stopping the loop?

If all else fails, do you have a save you can revert to from before you engaged the testingcheats tree command?

I already tried "reset everything". I'm going to try re-enabling fall and winter and see what happens.
    Unfortunately I don't have a save from before I engaged the command :/
  • Options
    deavvedeavve Posts: 20 Member
    I re-enabled all seasons and it worked! The harvestable trees stayed brown, but I restarted and they turned green too. I think everything came back to normal now
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2021
    Good, glad to hear it. I think it makes sense too, the cheat command to stop the loop became undefined or whatever it was supposed to do became unreachable when fall and winter were disabled. Not the best way to arrange programming without an escape route for errors, but then again it's a cheat code and not meant to be a part of everyday gameplay. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net