Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit

I'm not really feeling the skirts and dresses for my sims who identify as male but they do look really great on my sims who identify as female! The buttoned short dress with long sleeve is fashion :)

Comments

• Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    And the stripy vest a favorite too!
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I won't be wasting any money on this kit. I think it's awful!
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Some of the patterns are a little too busy for me, but otherwise, I like the clothes - more options for my male Sims, especially since they're usually non-binary. In any case, the kits are pretty inexpensive, so even if it only adds a couple of items I like, it's not a huge waste.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    Six of the twenty-four items of this "menswear" pack are skirts and dresses. If I want skirts and dresses for my men, I could just use the feminine fashion choice instead of cluttering my male CAS with skirts.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Nighteyes wrote: »
    Six of the twenty-four items of this "menswear" pack are skirts and dresses. If I want skirts and dresses for my men, I could just use the feminine fashion choice instead of cluttering my male CAS with skirts.

Except the dresses and skirts in the feminine fashion tag dont fit the men right. These are designed and fit with male sims right (although I don't know how they look on female sims).

It's your choice whether you want the kit or not; but there is a difference in quality and it's not the same.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited December 2021
    So, I’m curious….., do a lot of male townies show up in skirts?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    @SheriSim57 I haven't seen any yet.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love the new Womenswear sweater dresses & skirts. I also love some of the Menswear sweaters & pants.
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I'm kind of disappointed in some of this community right now not gonna lie, however; personal feelings aside, my opinion on the pack is that I do wish that more traditionally masculine clothing items were introduced. They could have even been in an update patch or a delivery or something. It might of made this pack a little easier to take in for some of the community because it does feel like after asking for more men's apparel this was their answer to that. I am ALL FOR GENDER BREAKING do Not get it twisted. But the fem/women's clothing ratio to men's/masc clothing is way one sided fem side winning. Plus I feel like more gender neutral items could have been more compromising. Items that are inherently unisex but they'd look good on both sexes/genders/body types, etc. Not everything has to be stylized to gender/sex. Plus, I've had Sims who were cysgendered Sims with opposite builds for story reasons and found it hard to dress them. Kits/packs like these do have advantages rn I have a female Sim built like her dad. Establishing a style for her body type was difficult. This pack would of saved my bacon and time.
  • Options
    Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Plus it's always a matter of choice as to whether you buy it, & how you use it.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    So, I’m curious….., do a lot of male townies show up in skirts?

I haven't seen any yet - but I sure hope they do!