Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugsy Galore

Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I don't really want to write this, but I am unable to stay silent. I love Sims 4. It's the one game I play every day. But the bugs that remain unfixed, and some of them are years old, is really getting me down. I have spent hundreds of pounds buying most of the packs and I have invested thousands of hours of my life into playing this game.
But they're not fixing anything...they have a laundry list of issues that they are supposedly working on, but there are some omissions...my sim is a scientist, when he uses the construction inventor, the animation doesn't work [already reported], he has a toddler who he decided to play with and the animation was wonky, with him making strange moves and the toddler standing there looking at him. [reported] He used to grow crops, but when those crops suddenly started reverting to seed on a regular basis, his enthusiasm waned. His toddler still does the level 1 glitch groove when she walks, something that was reported some time ago.
And then, to top it off, there's the memory leaks and the bloated save games, that are crashing people's computers, including my own...especially after 'Country Living'.
Nothing is getting fixed...we hear lots of positivity and promises, but the problems are still there...and some of them have been there for years and years. I have lost faith in the developers ever fixing the problems...fixing problems costs time and money, especially if there's a new pack to sell. I sound cynical I know and I have a lot of poor posts and comments I'm not proud of...but if we stay silent, we play into their hands and nothing ever changes.
I understand that this post will disappear into the ether and these words are meaningless in the grand scale of things.
I just, just wish, they would actually fix the game!
That's all...
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    You're not alone. <3 I tell myself, if they don't complete and fix the game before starting the next, I will never buy another game from them. I never bought The Sims 3 and will never, because many reasons. I'm still able to do that for the next and the next...
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    They won't fix it completely. They can't. Fixing bugs with spaghetti code is like playing wack-a-mole with a steel mallet. The game itself was built on a shaky foundation and DLC after DLC, some which have deep game changing effects, have made it, well, far shakier I guess. All software has bugs, though. Even had the base game been rock solid and every DLC QA'ed to perfection, there'd still be bugs.

Then again, modders were able to get Sims 3 into a playable condition, so it's likely that some of the fundamental issues with Sims 4 will be adequately bandaided eventually.
  • Options
    kokoOhNokokoOhNo Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hope they fix SOME issues at least, because most of my in-game issues make it almost unplayable for me. the bugs that truly need to be fixed are:
    certain household items wont be used. for example, my sim was standing *directly* infront of the sink in the kitchen, instead of washing the dishes in the sink 10 inches away from her she went all the way upstairs to wash them in the bathroom sink. (i checked several times - nothing is blocking the sink whatsoever) this also goes for trash cans, toilets, and refrigerators (so far). the next bug that i feel really needs to be fixed is the sims' "free will". for a really long time i've never had an issue with it up until recently, they will completely ignore what i'm telling them to do (such as go to sleep, go to the restroom, go to work, ect.) and do something unrelated. i had a sim go through bladder failure just because they wanted to play the computer instead of use the restroom like i asked 3 times in a row.

these bugs make the game really annoying, i restart the game to fix it but with 25 minute load times, i really dont want to do that every time, especially since these bugs are so very frequent for me. :/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not only is the foundation shaky, but it was originally intended for a different game type and hastily converted. With all the added material it's now like a Toyota sedan trying to pull a loaded semi-trailer. Too many bugs & glitches facing too little enthusiasm and resources to fix them. Not that the resources don't exist, but EA is loathe to commit them to something that doesn't increase profits.