Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update today: Are you ready?

Comments

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I'm ready. I'm offline and automatic updates are disabled. While I am looking forward to the patch, I'm not in a hurry. I'll be playing patiently offline while all the mods I need are updated or cleared for the patch.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I won’t be updating today. I am just not that excited for it. Currently I am taking a break from the Sims 4 because I’m playing the Sims 2.

Uhhhuuuu @Sharonia i'm playing sims 2 too! Such a great and funny game!
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm ready. I never try to avoid the updates, they're automatic and I don't do anything to prepare for them. I play vanilla, so I don't need to.
    Just bring it on! :smiley:
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Ready and able. Well ready anyways. Still need to finish my morning coffee. ;)

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I'm ready! I have been waiting years for my neighbours to start having families by themselves and the world growing around me. Bring it on! B)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm glad some people are happy to test this out straight away and hope they will report back with their findings.

I have tons of sims spread across all of the worlds, but have only marked about 80 as played. I am hoping to find out if it affects played sims whilst they are not the active household.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Waiting. I don't have mods, never had them..so no problem here.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I always play offline so it's no biggie. I'll just wait to read how the patch works. Just have to backup my saves and keep an eye out for mod updates. As for the neighborhood feature, I'm just bracing myself to see more social pop-ups. Hopefully that's all it is.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Thanks so much everyone for all your comments. We don't have much longer to wait now...
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'll play offline until I know how it affects the Deaderpool mod.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm excited. I've got a new game save ready. I'm looking forward to the new aspirations and seeing how the progression works between friends. I'm so happy that they are giving us more gameplay updates for free. :smiley:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited November 2021
    Patch is live. You'll have to sign the user agreement again.

Eufd6nj.png

300.65 MB
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    Looking forward to hopefully the start of more lively neighbors, but not looking forward to all my mods being outdated. Lol. But it's okay, I think a few of them are pretty fast at being updated and the others.. I should be okay waiting on.. but I especially need MC Command, 4/5 Columns in CAS and my personality mods that add more depth to Sims/families. :3
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no update yet in my case
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    While I'm still filled with trepidation, I'm going to take the plunge for science and put some faith in the devs. I know I've been a little hard on them about this, but they did promise to keep rotational players in mind and I know they'll be watching for feedback. They have given me many things I love in this game and content that has surprised me when I've been skeptical, so I have to at least try it out.

So... *deep breath* ...I'm going in.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I'm excited. I've got a new game save ready. I'm looking forward to the new aspirations and seeing how the progression works between friends. I'm so happy that they are giving us more gameplay updates for free. :smiley:

of course, story progression better be free :)
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Aren’t there supposed to be settings to turn the neighborhood stories off? I can’t find them.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm an absolute mad man, so I keep auto-updates turned on. My mods are minimal, so it's not difficult to keep track of and update them as needed. So screw it, into the deep end we go.

As for potential bugs and glitches, I've played plenty of Bethesda games. I've come to accept the "it just works" philosophy in a bid to grasp on to any remaining shred of sanity I have left lol. B) /hj
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    Aren’t there supposed to be settings to turn the neighborhood stories off? I can’t find them.

It's for the later updates. This patch is mostly about EP features brought to the basegame (+ a little extra)
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    SimDork23 wrote: »

It's for the later updates. This patch is mostly about EP features brought to the basegame (+ a little extra)

Oh, okay. I didn’t realize that it was coming later. Thanks!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Well, that's me done for... I had made sure to go offline in Origin early today so it wouldn't update. But, lo and behold, I opened up Origin ready to game offline and it had put me back online without my permission and is now updating...
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Well, that's me done for... I had made sure to go offline in Origin early today so it wouldn't update. But, lo and behold, I opened up Origin ready to game offline and it had put me back online without my permission and is now updating...

Oh no! Hit cancel and hope for the best. Fingers crossed for you
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited November 2021

For the future, go to your Origin settings and turn off automatic game updates.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I always have automatic updates turned off on everything. I'm out of the loop on news. I wasn't aware this was going to be a huge patch but that just means I'll wait a little longer to patch this time around. I've been having fun with my first-ever rotational save file. I'll just play offline for a bit. Happy to see more bug fixes were focused on this time around according to the patch notes.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'll copy my save folder just in case, and do the update tonite (unless I get home way late). If I have time I'll play. I'm very curious about this update and I am looking forward to the new kit nobody wants. I'll be getting it Saturday. :D