Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[PLEASE READ] We need a Household Portrait Overhaul

GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this! You know, do you feel like the household portraits (AKA, neighborhood view photos) are just... mundane and dull? They aren't doing much? They're all just doing an ordinary pose and not interacting with others in their family. Ever wanted to just... see these photos spring to life? I really want to get an overhaul on the household photos that you see in Manage Households and the Gallery. A good household photo that catches one's attention makes all the difference.

Now, I know I'm trying to make this sound professional, but I guess I need to, so that I can get this message across well. So, here's the features I'd like to see. Please let me know what else you want to do with custom household photos below this post. Let's get into it!

HOUSEHOLD PORTRAITS
You can make your very own household portraits that embody what your new (or existing) households are about. These can be edited at any time in a unique Create A Sim menu. Players can choose two options to use as their family photo: either the usual EA randomizer photograph, or their own custom photo. EA randomized photos will only refresh when something has changed in one of the Sims in the household, such as their age, clothes, weight or muscle. If there is a new addition to a family, however, if the player has chosen a custom family photo, they will need to add them into the photo. If a household has been downloaded from the gallery, they will keep their household portrait the same, but the player can then edit it to their liking.

When editing a custom photo, the player can zoom in closer (or further away from) into the family, and move family members around. To move a Sim around, the player can click and drag them to the designated location, or click once on them and press the WASD or arrow keys to fine-tune their position. However, players cannot increase the size of Sims, as this would be unrealistic. However, the player can enable an option to move Sims further away or closer to the camera as an alternative moving tool.

Each member of the household can use any in-game animation or pose that is currently in the game. They can also use the interaction animations with other Sims in the household that involve contact, like kisses, hugs and handshakes, as long as both of them are designated to the same animation type. These animations and poses have filters and a search bar to find the correct one the player is looking for. In addition, all of the animation and pose codenames are given simpler names that are easy to understand, like:
  • a_photography_f_highEnd_pose01_x → Photography Poses: Female High End Pose 1
  • a_react_happy_high_giddy_x → Happy: Giddy
  • a_react_uncomfortable_shoulderRollHeadShake_x → Uncomfortable: Shoulder Roll and Head Shake
  • a2a_friendly_NT_wave_succeed_x → Friendly Socials: Wave
  • a2o_djBooth_feelTheCrowd_x → DJ Booth: Feel the Crowd
If the pose the player has selected for a Sim is an animation, the player can choose when in the animation they will pose in the photo. The player can also add backgrounds, filters and stickers to customize their photo and add the finishing touches. With stickers, the player can increase the size and move them around where they want.

HOUSEHOLD PHOTOS IN LIVE MODE
Once the portrait is complete, the household gets a free copy of their portrait the player made, and it can be put anywhere in the house just like a regular photo or artwork. Players can add frames, filters, and make copies to sell to their neighbors, friends, or onto the Internet for others to see. Clicking the photo brings a unique option besides the usual photo interactions to go into Create A Sim and edit it whenever the player wishes.

When a Sim in the same family as the photo takes a look at it, that Sim can recieve various buffs that give them confidence, happiness or inspiration to keep growing their family. Family-Orientated Sims will recieve stronger buffs. Sims that do not enjoy being around their family, however, will dislike to see the photo, causing anger, embarrassment or tension.
Post edited by GameBoy2936 on

Comments

• Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I really like the idea of a detailed editing system like a CAS for photos, I could see getting lost in that. Also the different buffs based on traits when reminiscing sounds cool.

We really need photo improvements, one of my wishes for the game moving forward. Especially because we don't have a memories system. I would be content with a few updated poses for the tripod/photo studio , some new romantics poses and child poses with adults. Also I'd like a rabbithole photobooth that puts 2 or 3 pictures in your inventory with different poses/expressions for up to 8 sims. I do like taking pictures as gameplay but really only for sims that have the photography job or like the hobby. Most of my families just need to the photos for the wall and I can do without the gameplay part.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm all for this
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Interesting ideas. Assuming you mean the one that appears in neighborhood view, I'd be happy with something like the one in TS2 where it is clear who any married sims are, with clues on the nature of the relationship, (one of them doing 'bunny ears' on the other is amusing) and at least hints of how additional household members get along.