Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food needs to use more ingredients

ancaaaaaaaaancaaaaaaaa Posts: 26 Member
edited November 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Take Mac and Cheese for instance. It uses no ingredients even though we have Cheese added in the new Cottage Living expansion pack!

image.png

image.png- could use Wrapped Red Meat and Green Beans

image.png- has no Cheese

image.png - could use Lettuce and Mushrooms (you can see the mushrooms in the dish)

image.png - no Lettuce

image.png - Flour, Milk, Eggs and Sugar

image.png - Flour, Milk, Sugar, Eggs and Chocoberry/the canned Chocoberry

image.png - should use Wrapped Red Meat too

image.png - Wrapped White Meat

image.png - Meat Substitute

image.png - Eggs missing

image.png - Flour

image.png - Flour, Onion

image.png - Flour, Cheese

image.png- misses Eggs

there are many others but my Baking and Gourmet Cooking are not level 10 yet. I think it would be so much more immersive if the old recipes used the new ingredients too! Not to mention Mayonnaise not being used in any recipe...

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2021
    The way recipes are programmed at the moment, there is absolutely no use in programming more ingredients. The food menu is severly lagging and adding more ingredients to recipes would only make it worse.

I know what I speak of as I tried to update pboxmoreingredients mod a good while ago (after so many had requested me to keep it after CoL came out) and the lag was awful. I spent several days with coding the mod back then - only to throw it in the bin afterwards.

Also, as soon as you add an ingredient to a recipe that didn't come with the base game, that food dish will become broken for players that don't have the pack the ingredient came with (e.g. Green Beans came with Seasons)

For your information, if you have the CoL lot trait enabled, all food dishes do use more (and some different) ingredients than without the lot trait.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The way recipes are programmed at the moment, there is absolutely no use in programming more ingredients. The food menu is severly lagging and adding more ingredients to recipes would only make it worse.

I know what I speak of as I tried to update pboxmoreingredients mod a good while ago (after so many had requested me to keep it after CoL came out) and the lag was awful. I spent several days with coding the mod back then - only to throw it in the bin afterwards.

Also, as soon as you add an ingredient to a recipe that didn't come with the base game, that food dish will become broken for players that don't have the pack the ingredient came with (e.g. Green Beans came with Seasons)

For your information, if you have the CoL lot trait enabled, all food dishes do use more (and some different) ingredients than without the lot trait.

fun fact Avocado Maki Roll from snowy escape use avocado from jungle if you have jungle/beef ramen and Beef Yakisoba from snowy could use faux meat from eco if you have eco. More recipe isn't free in base game even you use all ingredient so idea of use more ingredient when you have cottage living and lower price is could work. it kinda like option.
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Yes, but it only works as long as you do not have the fresh ingredients lot trait. For instance, with the lot trait enabled, avocado maki roll will require any vegetable instead because the requirement of avocado would break the game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    I'm not sure that changing the ingredients will really fix the issue. I'd personally like to see higher food prices instead. That would make recipes that you can grow/harvest your own ingredients more economical in the long run and better reflect having to procure your groceries. I can still see Level 1 and Level 2 recipes being cheap (you could consider them boxed meals even) but from there on out everything should be more expensive as it is typically more complicated (and should in theory require more ingredients) to make.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cooking and baking need an overhaul.
    Recipies need to be divided into at least 3 categories.

1. Packaged meals that require no skill, nor fresh ingredients. Useful for purposely keeping a sims cooking skill level down. These meals should also all be microwavable (or be sandwiches)
    2. The family cook book, giving the opportunity for the player to select specific dishes for their family. It could be limited to a dozen family favourite dishes. Once a sim has mastered all 12 dishes, they should then get an option to publish their family cook book. Make some money out of Nona's minestrone and almond bread recipies.
    3. The full list, with the optionto toggle off fresh ingredients. Though even the full list could be divided up further (hopefully reducing the lag), or have it so it can be sorted by ingredients, eg. egg based recipies, or cheese based recipies, etc.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif