Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anyone living in Sulani with celebrity sims?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi I’d love to move to Sulani in the near future, but I’m afraid that the neighborhood might get in without permission and be stuck in watching my celeb sims. Would the private dwelling work in there? I appreciate all helps. Thanks.
Post edited by Jeansoo on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have a writer sim who is not famous, and she lives in the off the grid island near the volcano. The natives tend to enter your house in Sulani regardless of whether your sim is famous or not. My sim used to wake up to a male sim drinking water in her bathroom. I locked the doors to the house and she doesn't have unwanted visitors anymore.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a writer sim who is not famous, and she lives in the off the grid island near the volcano. The natives tend to enter your house in Sulani regardless of whether your sim is famous or not. My sim used to wake up to a male sim drinking water in her bathroom. I locked the doors to the house and she doesn't have unwanted visitors anymore.

Thanks. I better keep living in New Crest. :)

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You can always just lock your doors to keep intruders out, but that won't stop paparazzi from showing up on the lot. My celebrities in Lani St. Taz didn't have many problems otherwise, but then again, almost everybody in that neighbourhood is famous, so that could have something to do with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    You can always just lock your doors to keep intruders out, but that won't stop paparazzi from showing up on the lot. My celebrities in Lani St. Taz didn't have many problems otherwise, but then again, almost everybody in that neighbourhood is famous, so that could have something to do with it.

Actually, I like my sims to do many things in backyard during day time, because I don't have Seasons installed in my game. So I love my sims stay in backyard although they can sleep in their bedrooms at night. So I wouldn't like to see any paparazzi showing up and taking pics around the fence. If I have to suffer from that with private dwelling lot trait, then I just better not move to Sulani. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a celebrity in Sulani, but for some reason I haven't had much trouble with uninvited visitors.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I have a celebrity in Sulani, but for some reason I haven't had much trouble with uninvited visitors.
    Have you had any paparazzi around your home lot?

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    @crocobaura how does your writer sim write off-the-grid? I have my first off-the-grid writer at the moment, and he always has to go to the library to write.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Honestly, I'd just be sure to lock your doors and use fencing. There will be paparazzi or stans (I had a case of aqua stans swimming through the ocean to enter my home through the deck), but it is usually manageable in my opinion.

I haven't specifically employed that lot trait in Sulani, but I think the celebrity thing overrides it. Feel free to double check me, though.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @crocobaura how does your writer sim write off-the-grid? I have my first off-the-grid writer at the moment, and he always has to go to the library to write.

She doesn't. 😁 I have long removed that trait from the lot.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd just be sure to lock your doors and use fencing. There will be paparazzi or stans (I had a case of aqua stans swimming through the ocean to enter my home through the deck), but it is usually manageable in my opinion.

I haven't specifically employed that lot trait in Sulani, but I think the celebrity thing overrides it. Feel free to double check me, though.

Aqua stans swimming through the ocean..LOL.. It has been long since I haven't seen them. Maybe I can make a couple of stans for my vamp celebrity, he won't need to go somewhere else for drinking. :D Thank you! :D

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Instead of giving up, why not construct a security gate around the intended property? I had my Global Superstar Honeymoon in Sulani. He had to lock the doors to keep out the Paparazzi, and they followed him everywhere. But, that's the price of Fame, is it not?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Have you had any paparazzi around your home lot?

Sorry I didn’t see this question sooner! Strangely, I don’t remember any paparazzi showing up.

I haven’t played this Sim in a while, but I’m pretty sure she’s off the grid, too.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Instead of giving up, why not construct a security gate around the intended property? I had my Global Superstar Honeymoon in Sulani. He had to lock the doors to keep out the Paparazzi, and they followed him everywhere. But, that's the price of Fame, is it not?

Actually, yeah I think you are right. My sim needs someone around his home lot. I can move to Sulani. :) The paparazzi will be the good food for him. 👍

@Rouensims
    Thanks for the good tip! 👌
  • Options
    I had one actress in Sulani. Pretty sure I made the lot private dwelling and had no issues with paparazzi. Didn't stop the welcome wagon with the pork but I also kept the doors locked. The locals are very friendly but easy to disengage. Lock your doors.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yeah, private dwelling is the way to go unless you use mods. Also, the "new" trespassing options on your front door will work too. You can disallow vampires/neighbours/friends or solicitors (including the Welcome wagon). I've had several celebs living in Sulani, mostly on the Wreckage or Key Point. I like to think its too much hassle for anyone to go out there, unless they belong in Sulani :) I mostly see locals, of course including the Conservationists. Makoa is a frequent visitor, and of course one of the first to befriend my sims.

Not seen any paparazzi there yet, as far as I can remember. My sims never had Stans so wouldn't know about those.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Kind of, I have a Sim living in Sulani who is trying to make it as a celebrity. She is on her way, but has lots more to go.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Wondering if you can use the typewriter from Henford on Bagley off the grid.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    That is a great idea @SheriSim57 but unfortunately it doesn't work off the grid
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Untitled-53.jpg
    Untitled-54.jpg
    Thank you so much for great helps! :D I don't regret to move to Sulani except for clearing trash piles all over the seashore.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    That is a great idea @SheriSim57 but unfortunately it doesn't work off the grid

And the whole point should have been that the typewriter should be able to work off the grid, what a shame,