Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

spawning townies

I use Biechen's mod to limit spawning homeless townies but I'm still getting more than I would like. I am seriously considering subscribing to Paulson's patreon to get the updated NPCC mod. Is it worth it?

Comments

• Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I use NPCC because it's the only thing that stops NPC spawning completely. For me, this mod is a must have. My favorite feature it has is the ability to disable shifts and region/lot dependency from jobs, allowing less sims to man all my bars, restaurants, retail, etc. Instead of having over 20 bartenders, I just have 2 to that work at every bar in my world. I haven't found another mod out there that does this, so it makes NPCC valuable to me.

Paulson did quietly release an updated free version (1.3.5c) though, so you shouldn't need to subscribe to his patreon to try it out. Link is on his website here.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2021
    Just for your information, townieoverhaul_lessfame is still awaiting an update for the Spa Day Refresh which added new townie filters. I haven't got round to it before as I was accomodating several house guests for a few weeks.

Also there's a mod by Zero that is more restrictive than mine is:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    You should try Zero's mod before paying for NPCC. I use it along with his Assign NPC roles.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    thank you all. And I didn't meant to call you out @83bienchen ! love your mods! I just hate spawning townies. :wink:
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Don't worry, I'm not offended. I know pretty well that there are different tastes when it comes to townie generation.
    In my save, there are no new ones generated (since I stopped the new Spa Day mods, that is), but I think this is very hard to achieve without a lot of insight into which roles the game has and which townies need to be kept.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen