Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does it take to restart the game?

All of my external sims 4 save files (the ones that I transferred from another computer) say that the game needs to be restarted to work. I've repaired my game, removed the save files, and signed out of my computer and back in. But everytime I enter the file it's just my most recent save and a bunch of warning signs. Any help?
she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
Someone who cries to minecraft music
(Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)

Comments

• Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Maybe you don't have some DLC installed that you used on the saves?

Everytime I want to play my base game save I take out the DLC folders just to get the "game needs to be restarted" warning on save files that requires DLC.
  • Options
    Snowleopard_0Snowleopard_0 Posts: 228 Member
    Flap wrote: »
    Maybe you don't have some DLC installed that you used on the saves?

Everytime I want to play my base game save I take out the DLC folders just to get the "game needs to be restarted" warning on save files that requires DLC.

I've gotten dream home decorator and country living since then. Could that be it?
    she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
    Someone who cries to minecraft music
    (Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Do you have any mods? Sometimes mods can cause a version incompatibility, in my experience. You may need to have the exact copies of the mods from your old PC on your new one to boot up the save, then you may be able to update the mods after that.

If that doesn't work, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Does it do it with new saves, or only copied/backed up ones? It could honestly also be an issue where a save file got corrupted during transfer. If you're able to, you may be able to try getting a clean copy of the file from your old PC and move it to your new one. I'd use a different drive if you have it available, though, just to be safe.