Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera control keys

I really wish there were complete sets of camera controls for non-mouse users. The on screen controls are incomplete, because they don't cover vertical camera rotation. And the keyboard control sets aren't clearly grouped either. When using the arrow keys you can move back, forth, left and right, which is logical. But for camera rotation I don't see the logic. You press ctrl+arrow keys for vertical rotation, however for vertical rotation that does not work and you have to use the < > keys. The problem is, those keys are also used to rotate object, which causes to a lot of frustration!

It's driving me crazy that whenever you're holding an object, floor tile or room, you cannot rotate the camera with the keyboard. You have to deselect whatever you're holding/place the object down somewhere, rotate the camera, and pick whatever you were holding up again. It really breaks the flow. For example when holding a room, it happens very often that the pop-up menu for room hight is in the way of the resizing arrows on the walls, so you have to rotate the camera to be able to grab onto the arrows. However, instead of rotating the camera, you rotate the room itself. Luckily there's ctrl-z!

It's very unhandy that object rotation controls are the same buttons as camera controls. There should be a way to control the camera when you're holding something in build mode. It's a situation that occurs very often. If you could just control horizontal camera rotation the same way you do vertical rotation (ctrl+arrow keys) the whole thing would be solved and the keyboard camera controls would be clearer too.

tl;dr
Please make it so that you can control the horizontal camera rotation with ctrl+left/right arrow keys. It's very annoying that the camera control keys are the same as the object rotation keys.