Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What makes your simworld truly your own compared to other players?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2021
    When I Was building my world I had to realize I could do anything I wanted, I had to let go the laws of our world. Rewrite social norms and throw Morality out the window. And throw the T rating into the incinerator, and spice it up a bit with some adult content. That being said I’m not sorry if my world is insulting, politically incorrect or historically inaccurate! 😎
    Of course it’s not supposed to be accurate or correct cause it’s a fantasy.

It started off as a “medieval” challenge, I tried with “off the grid” but I realized why can’t I clash the two worlds of modern technology, electricity And indoor plumbing with old fashioned life?
    So I did!
    I still try to focus different forms of entertainment, acting comedy music, singing, and have Sims seek books and play chess, darts, before tv and video games… I wish Sims could gamble or play actual card games.
    But I really enjoy “simple living” lot trait.

So, My world is a vast kingdom, it’s form of Government is a Absolute Monarchy. Technically there are 5 Kingdoms but in time all 5 crowns were United under one Crown. However each of the 5 kingdoms retained their independence as long as they each maintain their family’s eternal promise to keep the entire kingdom growing strong as a whole.

The Crown currently belongs to Queen Aurora of House Halcyon. At age 16 she married her husband Orion (age 18) of House Hoggarth. A strong and noble knight. At age 21 and 23, they became Queen and King of Briarheart. On top of the Kingdom they also rule their home Capital city of Halcyon. (Windenburg)

I had to ask myself what kind of Court life I wanted to simulate. I didn’t want a lot of backstabbing, At least not under Queen Aurora’s rule, I feel like the courtiers respected her enough and it was predominantly good times under her rule.

But I wanted to keep it small.
    So I went with 4 prime lords, and then 2 additional Lords, so the Royal court is made up of 7 Noble families.

Basically the prime lords each amplify the Crown’s Power.

The Warlord who controls the kingdom’s army.
    In turn, the Warlord controls the army, usually the spouse or heir of the warlord is bestowed with managing their castle, household and their regions resources: growing and harvesting Food for the kingdom.

The Archmage who upholds the laws of Magic.
    And using it at the Crowns disposal. Once again, the Archmage controls a College of mages, well versed in various schools of Magic. In turn the spouse or heir of the Archmage is bestowed with managing the castle, their household, and their regions resources:
    Harvesting stone and metallic resources.

The Admiral who controls the kingdoms navy.
    In turn, the spouse or heir of the Admiral is bestowed with managing their castle, household and their regions resources: keeping Costal towns and the oceans safe from pirates, harvesting aquatic resources, for the kingdom.

The Banker who controls the kingdoms economy, including the Black Market, and the media, they are responsible for maintaining the Crowns overall image.

It basically becomes a chain of command and spheres of influences from this point on. The nobles are the direct links that bridge the Royals to the Upper, Middle and lower classes.
    And the world works off of feudalism, but it works out better for the poor and working classes. Even though there is poverty, no one is really starving the Queen does her best to help those in need.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited October 2021
    I usually use cheats to bring special NPCs, like the artists from Sim Sessions (these require a lot of rework, as they WILL disappear when moved into a household); or Rey and Vi Moradi (soon to move the other premades from Batuu, as well as a few tray townies picked as Resistance members) into the regular neighborhoods and treat them as regular Sims.

The artists from Sim Sessions can be a pain in the rear. I added Bebe Rexha into my household, only for her to disappear. I later reworked her, and saved her under a different household name, and she gave me no more trouble. These Sims tend to be game-breaking.

Took a bit of work for Rey and Vi Moradi. I first had to move them into a household with my Sim in Batuu (I had just finished the Resistance storyline, and replaced a townie household). I then modded them in CAS, giving them civilian clothes in addition to their SW outfits (I still don't understand why they're all full-body, including boots, as I'd love to use each part individually). I also gave them last names; giving Rey the canon last name of Skywalker, and I just split Vi Moradi's name with Moradi as the last name. I dunno why her name in CAS has both first and last name as the first name.

On another note, after "getting rid of the limitations" by removing their Batuu NPC identifier hidden traits in MCCC; I've noticed romantically, my Sim really hit it off with Rey. It's annoying, however, that they didn't record a full dialogue for her, as I really like how that British accent sets her apart from all other Sims. They only recorded the Simlish dialogue for the missions. She doesn't even speak regular dialect Similish--she's mostly mute; but oddly, Vi is not.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited October 2021
    After reading through this (really interesting!) thread, I’m not entirely sure if this counts as unique, but I’ve never been that interested in playing completely original Sims. I tried for the first couple of days I had the game, but then I realised that I could try to recreate my favourite Yu-Gi-Oh characters, and the rest was history! Since then, I’ve made at least 80% of the cast and put a slightly ridiculous amount of work into them, including working out exactly where their birthdays would fit into the calendar and creating some of the main characters’ relatives (a handful of them have appeared in canon, but I had to get creative with the rest). I’ve seen other Yu-Gi-Oh Sims on the gallery, but mine are based on my own interpretations.

My current save is a reboot of my original one, without the premades (except for the special NPCs, who I’m keeping to avoid borkage; the uni professors, who I’m on the fence about, and the Sim formerly known as Kaori Nishidake, who’s dating Serenity Wheeler) and my OCs (who now have their own save that’s more like a museum). I started with Yugi and his friends as teens and they’re now young adults at university (Yu-niversity? Yugiversity? Okay, I’ll stop now). In the original save, they had kids who were almost young adults- it’ll be a while before they get back up to that point! 😂 Some of the side characters haven’t gotten any much attention, but once I’ve revised my rotation schedule and found/built houses for them, I should be able to play them.

I do have original Sims around my world (I made at least 180 of them after yeeting the premades), but I’ll only play them if they get involved with one of my played Sims. Over half my CAS CC has been recoloured in the Sorbets Remix palette, so there are no limits when it comes to natural hair and eye colours, and this goes for all Sims, regardless of occult type. This actually works in the aliens’ favour- in my headcanon for this save, pollination is only still a thing in certain regions of Sixam, but a lot of human Sims don’t know this, and some like to spread misinformation (looking at you, Clifton and Sabina O’Bagg 😒). As a result, they have to disguise themselves in public, so it helps that they’re not the only ones with colourful floof.

LGBTQ Sims are more common than in real life, and I change gender settings whenever it’s convenient. Biological nooboos for pretty much everyone! Some Sims will probably adopt, though, if I feel like they’d prefer to.

I used to age up my Sims whenever I felt like it, but eventually I got annoyed with all the inconsistencies in the timeline (“Are those two Sims the same age or 5 years apart?”), so now I play with a realistic custom lifespan where everyone ages one year every 112 days. I’ll adjust their appearances so they’ll gradually look older, and younger Sims will have rules about what they can do.

I’d like some more spontaneity in my gameplay, but I tend to plan a lot of things in advance without meaning to. I’ll start thinking about a possible scenario, and before I know it, my mind will be set on it. Argh! I have an idea that might help, though: when my Sims have kids, I’ll only directly make them do things I think they’d do anyway, according to their traits, character values, ages and whims. Otherwise, I’ll have their parents tell them to do it- if it’s in character, that is! I was partially inspired by PleasantSims’ wants-based gameplay rules for TS2, and hopefully it’ll add more challenge and lead to some interesting storylines later on.

I’ve also downloaded Violetpixels’ TS2 uberhood save, but I’m still setting that up and waiting for a few mods (e.g. ChippedSim’s Life Challenges).
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It might be a Sindocat save if the first thing a Sim gets when aging from Child to Teen is a boyfriend.

vJrwYDQ.png

If I have to make new households and move them into empty housing to assure there are enough boyfriends to go around, I'll do that. ;)

• Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    @Sindocat Do the girls get boyfriends too, or just the boys? That'd raise the need for boyfriends even more!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited November 2021
    I think my last born in game girl (born in TS3, re-created in 4 for Realm of Magic) actually ended up with Cassandra Goth. ;)

But the point to note is that my Sims worlds end up super gay. And I don't keep my Teens out of it, because who's going to hassle them at school about it?
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Hmm, I'm not sure what's my game makes it unique compare to others simmers. I've never thought about it, honestly. I have several saves with more or less standard sims and houses. I try something, I fail and I abandon that save, then start again. Starting new saves makes fun. I think my most unique save is my decade challenge, I spent hundred of hours to build houses and communities lot's, just to make ruins out of it in the ww2 for a picture. Or create or change a sim for the background. If the autonomy or Mccc decide something, I'm going to play with it, most of the time. I guess the builds I made makes my game unique, because I don't use the gallery in general.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nothing really unique in my saves. One is a decades save, so it follows the common etiquette of the decade bring portrayed. By the 1970's in that save, I get bored. My other saves match my personal irl conservative ideals. It is just the way I enjoy playing. I was a stay at home mom irl, so that is not a "1950's norm" to me.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2021
    The favorite colors of my sims is matched by the colors of their outfits.

Example:
    5FoV7eg.png
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I play a Time Lord, so they do a lot of time traveling. I've designated some neighbors and worlds as specific eras and timelines. I have neighborhoods that are Wild West, Post-Apocalyptic, Prehistoric and Alien Civilization. Just got Cottage Living, so I'm designating one neighborhood as Medieval Times.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    *hangs head in shame and disappears back to a very uninspired game* 😳
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well for one thing, I have 6 on-going Game Saves based on 6 different Timelines.
    Secondly, I never, ever play present day, very boring.
    Thirdly, I play my sims Hetro or Asexual never the others.
    Fourth, I love playing my sims with multiple occult traits in them, the weirder the better.
    Fifth, I enjoy playing Batuu & using the CAS & objects, way too fun.
    Finally, I'm a simmer that beats on a different drum, I don't go with the flow, I'm unique.