Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange random (mushroom?) plant showing up on lot that I can't interact with?

So, before this week, I had only played Sims 4 once or twice all year. I bought the cottage living expansion pack last week and have now played a couple of sims weeks...

I'm sure this is probably related to Cottage Living, however, I can't find anything in my search...

I have some random plants that appeared on my lot. I can't interact with them, nothing shows up when I hover over them.

I deleted the first 2 that appeared. But then 2 more appeared. And then 2 more.

I've left them alone the entire time and they aren't growing. I have put them under the protection of a roof... still nothing. I'm in winter (day 8), in Oasis Springs. And Agatha did stop by sometime back, close to the time they appeared and she keeps showing back up and walking into my house willy-nilly like.

Anyways, here's the plants... hopefully someone has an idea.

HF2V4Gx.png
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Those ARE Cottage Living mushrooms, and might be the kind that are only interactive at night. That needs to be the actively selected & played lot (wherever you are in the neighborhood) at something like 10PM in-game time, for those to bloom and be harvestable.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Those ARE Cottage Living mushrooms, and might be the kind that are only interactive at night. That needs to be the actively selected & played lot (wherever you are in the neighborhood) at something like 10PM in-game time, for those to bloom and be harvestable.

@Sindocat Hmmm. Well, they are on my home lot and it's definitely my active lot at that time. But I have tried at exactly 10pm. I definitely will tonight in-game. It's been a long while now and they haven't bloomed ever. The challenge I'm playing keeps my sim on the lot... indefinitely. So I've not been gone. But, it could be I wasn't paying full attention. I'll check.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    They might be some other special mushroom. Are you using Seasons? I do not, but my understanding (garnered reading a lot of tangential posts while trying to successfully forage in the Bramblewood) is that some varieties are seasonal.