Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your 1st mod?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited October 2021
    I didn’t use mods in my games until relatively recently.

Sims 2: I don’t remember my first one.
    Sims 3: NRAAS Overwatch and ErrorTrap. I think. I downloaded quite a few NRAAS mods very close together. I find the Anti Magic Scroll one useful, so that cookbooks etc don’t just disappear once you’ve finished with them.
    Sims 4: MCCC, of course. I haven’t tweaked many of the settings. I allow Sims to continue aging during pregnancy (so if they have 10 days left as a YA at the start, they end their pregnancy on 7 days left rather than staying at 10), and I adjusted the maximum household size to 10, but that’s it. I’m also going to adjust the maximum number of club members to 10 in the future, but I’m not at the point in my story where I need it yet.

I don’t have many Sims 4 mods. Aside from MCCC I have one that allows plants to grow in every season, one that forces Sims to sit down at weddings, and one that adds character values interactions to the journal.
    Post edited by Lucy_Henley on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    None, or none yet. I like the gameplay as is. I have thought about exploring and/or creating some audio and animation mods, but not yet :)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I think my very first one was a mod to disable autonomous mourning at gravestones and urns lol. I think they've patched it so it's better now, but there was a point where having any on a lot made it virtually unplayable, and I wanted to keep them on the lot as a record of and memorial of sims that had passed away. But, in order to not be constantly having to watch and X out attempts to mourn 50 times a day, I finally tracked down a mod to disable it lol.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Hard to say which, as got both MCCC and that one that unlocks hidden Maxis outfits at around the same time a few years ago. Took a long time and lots of frustration to take the plunge. Those are the only mods I have. CC is another story.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The one that eliminated the nekkid blur.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited October 2021
    From a player who was totally intimidated by Boolprop back in Sims2, I stepped forward and embraced mods in Sims3 when my Five-star Superstar Singer Sim and his wife got trapped in one of the foreign worlds from WA. It's been so very long I can't recall where I sent them for their honeymoon. It may have been Egypt? But, I couldn't get them back home, so I created a thread asking for help. I was entirely humbled and gobsmacked when Twallen, himself, answered my thread. He had just the mod for me, his Traveler Mod. I read up on it, learned how to install it and got Erik Cantrell and his bride back home!

Yeah, same Sim, different look. This character of mine predates the Sim series.

From there I went on to employ several (around 20) of the mods created by Twallen over at his NRaas, Industries website. Once 'indoctrinated', as it were, I found the use of them in Sims4 less scary. In fact, to enjoy myself more thoroughly playing this game, mods became a necessity. I make no apologies, nor do I see it as the 'dark side'. It's merely augmenting a fairly descent iteration of the Sims, boosting it to be MORE.

I missed having a Singer Sim. And our Sims couldn't even hum in the beginning. LOL I was so very happy when they gave us a limited ability for our Sims to sing with Outdoor Retreat, and that I used to be an avid camper, so that pack appealed to me. With City Living (correct me if I'm wrong) we got the full skill of singing. Then I discovered the Road to Fame mod and my imagination started going wild. Could I use this mod to create a career out of singing? I would have him gain fame via Simstagram, and earn money singing in front of other Sims, giving him a paycheck, ultimately, by using the cheats. I uninstalled RTF once Get Famous was announced. Only to learn it didn't include a singing career to my chagrin. Then another player said Sacrificial had updated the RTF mod to include a Professional Singer career. I grabbed the new one and installed it post-haste. I haven't looked back.

Sims 4:
    Road to Fame
    MCCC
    for a time:
    Private Practice
    SNB & Banking
    Mortem
    lilmsSams 21-day seasons over 28 day

I am down to just RTF and MCCC. I've had trouble with the Acting career (something my Rock Star is doing on the side) and after the Patch on the 21st it went wonky on me. I could no longer Join my Sim at the studios. Leery now, to add even the cc I have beyond what's in the current Mods folder.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have rarely played vanilla. My game has always been modded. Customization is a big part of the fun for me.

Counting all games, I downloaded lots of skins (and created them) for TS1.

Counting only TS4, the minute I installed it I went on a cc shopping spree, so I'm not sure which item was first. I know I downloaded lots of custom eyes before I really even started playing. As far as gameplay mods, I'm not sure, but maybe Zerbu's all worlds residential mod. That mod is fabulous!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Never played with mods until the sims 4 except clothes and make ups in sims 2. But for me MCCC
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I never played Sims 1 and with Sims 2 while I did have CC, mostly houses and clothes from Mod the Sims, it wasn't until Sims 3 that I ventured to the dark side of mods. I didn't play with mods in Sims 2 because I was terrified of them, but Sims 3 was just such a troublesome, bug laden mess that I had to break down and try them or lose my sanity. The sainted Twallen at NRAAS was a godsend. I started with Overwatch and before I knew it I had the entire NRAAS suite. Then once I realized my computer wouldn't explode, it was game on! I played Sims 3 for 10 years, so when I started with S4 I knew I needed a MasterController expy, so I found MCCC. I'm pretty sure that one was first, but certainly not last. I'm creeping up on 2 gb in my mods folder for S4. Not as much as some, but plenty, IMO.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I really don't remember what the first mod that I ever used was, but it was most likely NRAAS from Sims 3. I was getting very tired of things that were destroying my game, and wanted to put a stop to it. I do recall was caused me to start using that mod, and it had to do with infants being killed off when I wasn't directly playing the household, and it happened to one of mine. Another was when one of my daughters moved out on her own, and the game moved her out of town, aka deleted my sim's child and her wife. The daughter-in-law was the child of the Wolff, a premade couple in the game.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Sims 1 - vanilla

Sims 2 - no mods, lots of CC

Sims 3 - My first mod was to remove the mosaic blur. Had the blur been smaller, it would have been ok. But I couldn't stand the size of it.

Sims 4 - I was going to try to play vanilla, but my sims started shoveling snow every freaking moment they were awake. So my first mod was Bienchen's mod to stop shoveling snow. I also got the mod to make the mosaic blur smaller, and they both went into my game at the same time.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I have Sims 2 but don’t play much, so I never modded it

In Sims 3, I used Master Controller. I then got a yoga mod and a mod to take out autonomous Woohoo in that Roaring Heights Fixer Upper car. Sims became obsessed and couldn’t get anything else done. I also had a bit of cc and wound up with the stretchy babies in one save. Definite nightmare fuel. 😳

In Sims 4 I definitely put MCCC in ASAP. I have also added some controls for NPC wandering and some of the beefed up spellcaster mods, plus cc. No stretchy babies yet. Yay.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Sims 1 and 2 - I didn't even know mods existed as I had limited access to the internet.

Sims 3 - Now I had my own computer and high speed internet, so when I got tired of all the glitches in the game I went looking for answers. Found out about mods and never looked back. I think my first was NRAAS Master Controller, but I down loaded a lot which probably didn't help my game at all.

Sims 4 - Since I knew I enjoyed mods from 3, I went looking for some fairly soon after I got the game. If I had to guess, I'd say I probably started off with MCCC to give me more control over my game, but I can tell you I didn't stop there.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I was a little wary about adding CC into my game, as I worried about patches breaking them, but someone on here reassured me that CC rarely breaks after patches. I know there have been some instances of CC going wonky, but nothing I’ve ever used. So now I have a fairish amount. A lot of it is clothing for children and toddlers, as well as some hairs and mesh edits.

Sims 2 is the one I have the most mods for. I particularly like Sim Blender and Sim Manipulator. I haven’t actually played Sims 2 for a while though.
    I came to the PC version of Sims 1 fairly late, I started off playing the Sims on console. I only ever played the base game. I got Unleashed from a second-hand shop but there was no manual, and therefore no installation code!
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    MCCC for Sims 4. I mainly started using it when I wanted to have Grim as a playable character & MCCC gave me the option to easily kill off a sim to get him to appear. I wasn't planning on keeping the mod, but then I also realised it made gameplay a lot easier for the oh so slow computer system I'm trying to run the Sims 4 on (if I tried to have my Sims keep up with their needs the non modded way I'd literally be doing nothing else but that in game - at least MCCC allows me to quickly fill needs, without having to constantly type in cheat codes).

Reaper actions unlocker & soul reaper career were my next two mods, because the Sims folks have decided that Grim can't be a fully playable character unless you constantly type in cheat codes or mod your game.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    > @Quaay said:
    > Just curious. We all started out vanilla but what was the one thing that drove you to the dark side and convinced you to install your very first mod? I don't care if it was Sims 1, 2, 3, or 4. For me it was the no mosaic mod. I hated that huge blur ruining all my screenshots, and I couldn't play Sims without it now. I've since gone down a much larger rabbit hole of mods and cc.

I'm sure I downloaded random ones from mod the sims, small ones, but the biggest one I can remember was story progression; that stuff BLEW MY MIND, and that was the first time I realized that the cc/modder community was really the backbone of the sims.