Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS Studio: Decrease Bills

Not quite sure where to post this... in Sims 4 Studio, for BUY objects tags there is a section called "Gameplay effects", and one of the options is "Decrease Bills". I created a wall deco object with this tag, but when I tested it in game it had no effect on bills at all. I compared the first bills when house had/had not the wall deco item.

So, I basically would like to know what the tag "Decrease Bills" is for? How am I supposed to understand when it will have any effect on bills? I assume it came with the ECO pack because most tag options in this section are ECO related.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    This is an explanation of how Eco Living gameplay effects work in the game. It doesn't sound like buy objects use the function.

BUILD MODE ITEMS GRANT GAMEPLAY EFFECTS

How you build your lot can now affect your gameplay. Certain objects such as wall patterns, floor patterns, fences, and columns bring different gameplay modifiers. Some of these modifiers affect how your Bills and utilities are calculated by decreasing or increasing your Power or Water utility production or usage, as well increasing or decreasing the price of bills. Environment Score can now be impacted by certain objects and materials. Drywall walls without wall patterns applied now decrease environment score like they did in The Sims 3! The choice of floor and wall materials used can also affect the ability to spread fire or puddles at an increased or lessened rate. And if you’d rather build your lot without having to think about these things, don’t worry. There’s an Option in the Gameplay menu to turn all of this off.