Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The NPC sims are staring at my sims holding a book..?

1.jpg
One or two of NPC walkers keep looking at my sims for a while every single day. I feel uncomfortable with them.

2.jpg
Recently, NPC walkers started to walk around my lot holding a book. Is it happening only in my game? And some npcs stare at my sims while holding a book in their hand. They keep staring my sims for a couple of hours sim time and then, they go away. Is this common? I don't use any big mods in my game.

Comments

• Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    These Sims likely have the "bookworm" trait, NPCs with this trait will often be found walking around carrying a book. :smile:

I'm not sure about the hanging around and staring but here is a recent thread from Answers HQ about a similar issue (Sims hanging around holding books).
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-standing-in-front-of-the-house-holding-a-book-and-never-go/td-p/10235925

If you believe you are experiencing the same thing, you could click "me too" on the first post and add a comment explaining what is happening in your game and add your pictures.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Mortimer Goth has been doing this in my game.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2021
    These Sims likely have the "bookworm" trait, NPCs with this trait will often be found walking around carrying a book. :smile:

I'm not sure about the hanging around and staring but here is a recent thread from Answers HQ about a similar issue (Sims hanging around holding books).
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-standing-in-front-of-the-house-holding-a-book-and-never-go/td-p/10235925

If you believe you are experiencing the same thing, you could click "me too" on the first post and add a comment explaining what is happening in your game and add your pictures.

Thanks, it says it's by design, then should be ok, but I wish they don't look at my sims holding their book. My home lot as set to Private Dwelling and they are not supposed to be interested in my sims. Even though my sims were global superstars, I didn't have this situation before. The lot trait is Private Dwelling, Home Studio and Study Spot as my sims are studying for the university degrees.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Holding a book is by design (from bookworm trait update).
    Walkbys getting stuck is presumably a bug.

The bug report isn't really clear about that, and the OP on the bug report wanders off into random ranting about various other issues. It might be helpful to start a new bug report of your own, where you're clear about the bug being "walkbys getting stuck". You could also mention the books and the Global Superstars in case bookworm trait or fame mechanic is related somehow.

By "staring at your sims" do you mean they stay in one place staring forward, and they just happen to be facing toward your sims? Or if for example your sim walks past the stuck sim, does the stuck sim move or rotate to keep looking at your sim as your sim moves?
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I agree with @mightysprite about starting your own bug report about the walkbys. :smile:

It might also be worth playing as another Sim in a different house to see if the same thing happens there.

I think the Private Dwelling trait means that Sims won't be able to visit your lot unless you invite them, but they may still appear space outside your lot (where the NPCs seem to be).
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2021
    Holding a book is by design (from bookworm trait update).
    Walkbys getting stuck is presumably a bug.

The bug report isn't really clear about that, and the OP on the bug report wanders off into random ranting about various other issues. It might be helpful to start a new bug report of your own, where you're clear about the bug being "walkbys getting stuck". You could also mention the books and the Global Superstars in case bookworm trait or fame mechanic is related somehow.

By "staring at your sims" do you mean they stay in one place staring forward, and they just happen to be facing toward your sims? Or if for example your sim walks past the stuck sim, does the stuck sim move or rotate to keep looking at your sim as your sim moves?

Actually, I’ve been tired of reporting bugs on AHQ. There are usually so many things to test. I just want to know any other simmers have this issue. It looks like half and half. They seem to be stuck on the boundary of my home lot, but also they are staring at my sims and put my sims with star icon on their thought bubbles. Some sims are doing this carrying a book, and some sims are saying,’Yeeaaaap!’ raising their hand to the air and putting my sims on their thought bubbles without carrying a book, and their eyes are towards my sims like a stalker for a couple of sim time. They usually stare at my sims while my sims are working on the woodworking table or authenticate the relics which takes some time to be done. I feel their behaviors are creepy. But luckily, I didn’t get those npc today. Oh yes..I think this issue started since my sims moved into Oasis Springs from Spice market in San Mychuno. It might be from the location of the home lot. I will try to move to other house soon. :) Thanks.