Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm in shock, Julia is dead O.O

Really my old save is surprising me with new "for the first time" events. I was having a great time playing one of my teens club: I built a new park for them, a small lot to hangout. Lately I have been enjoying my new teens gen so I visited this park for days until the winter arrived at my game:

YbxP4Jj.png

pJR3LkB.png

You can see her in the background dressed in a yellow jacket. I don't even have a picture with her in front of the camera.

9rNAUvj.png

I saw her playing basket several times... but she changed her clothes everytime until I stopped seeing her because I was at the first floor... then the camara took me to the ground floor:

X82INns.png
6pwrjCH.png

Yes, my teen father begged for Julia, but Grimmy was not in the mood :'( Yes, I was shocked!

It is not the first time that a sim died frozen in my game but it is the first time that a teenager dies of whatever in my game. I saved because I like random events.

My sims went to the park days later... yes, Julia is still there, *sight*

KhbnrWh.png

I have a household with the ghosts that I do not want be culled in my game. Ghosts are old saves are gone faster. I do not know if I want to keep a teen ghost, but I'm not sure about never see Julia again :s

What would you do?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    poor Julia!!

I would have those teens be bonded forever by their memory of their friend
    and maybe visit her grave together on a certain day of the week or something like that
    or maybe Julia had a bestie or sweetheart who will now be closer to Julia's family and maybe sort of replace her in a way which then becomes creepy

• Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I’d probably keep her around for a bit and leave the grave at the park. The other teens can summon here ghost every so often to spook themselves; it can be the edgy thing the teens do late at night. She can also become the local urban legend that parents use to warn their kids about wearing a jacket. If you get tired of her, some one can come perform an exorcism and release her ghost.

(Also I love that one girl taking a selfie while Grim reaps Julia - perfect timing there).
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    She can also become the local urban legend that parents use to warn their kids about wearing a jacket

I love this @HavenRose !
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    add her to household first of all so game doesn't get rid of her then just keep playing with her as ghost until she is resurrected or not
    maybe she can be there for more than one generation of teen hangouts as she never moved on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Really my old save is surprising me with new "for the first time" events. I was having a great time playing one of my teens club: I built a new park for them, a small lot to hangout. Lately I have been enjoying my new teens gen so I visited this park for days until the winter arrived at my game:

YbxP4Jj.png

pJR3LkB.png

You can see her in the background dressed in a yellow jacket. I don't even have a picture with her in front of the camera.

9rNAUvj.png

I saw her playing basket several times... but she changed her clothes everytime until I stopped seeing her because I was at the first floor... then the camara took me to the ground floor:

X82INns.png
    6pwrjCH.png

Yes, my teen father begged for Julia, but Grimmy was not in the mood :'( Yes, I was shocked!

It is not the first time that a sim died frozen in my game but it is the first time that a teenager dies of whatever in my game. I saved because I like random events.

My sims went to the park days later... yes, Julia is still there, *sight*

KhbnrWh.png

I have a household with the ghosts that I do not want be culled in my game. Ghosts are old saves are gone faster. I do not know if I want to keep a teen ghost, but I'm not sure about never see Julia again :s

What would you do?

Upload the current household the Ghost of Julia is in and place it into a brand new save. If you're not opposed to mods, install MCCC, the current one is compatible. Then set it so your ghost will NOT be culled.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, It's very hard. I know, I've been there with my most favorite Sim of all time. Yes, he's been restarted so many times I have lost count! Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Lol @HavenRose you really make me laught with that Urban Legend stuff (epic!)... I will built a little altar for that :D

You saw her! The sims of the selfie was actually the BBF of Julia :s but in her defense this was her for a couple of days. Julia's death hapenned one day before Xmas, yes it was a gloomy Xmas:

ZN32BlQ.png
  • Options

@Simmingal Yes, I will see if I can keep her, hope she was not culled :o I'm struggling with my save: after 4 years I'm so attached to some sims, but I need to let go many of them to avoid reaching the 200 sims max... also it helps to refresh the game.

I need to keep the balance as I play many vampires (and they are inmortal). Right now I´m playing my "human" households to move generations so deaths inevitably happen.

I keep some ghosts as played in one household the you can place the urns in any lot: that way you can play a haunted lot.
  • Options

Lol @GalacticGal everytime that I see your name I always remember you Global Star o:)

Even playing rotational I'm attached to a few Sims... I even give them second lives :#

The more I play some sims the more I'm shocked with their deaths... I know, Sims are pixels, but...
  • Options

Winter is gone... I returned to my teens hangout... Julia is still there:

nNFQ1lO.png
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    If it were my save, I'd move the urn/headstone to my Honored Dead cemetery—a hall of fame of sorts for sims who have passed through the world.

But other than that, I tend to be pretty unsentimental about dead sims, and I consider such deaths to be reminders that I'm only "vice-God" in my simworld; the game itself is the one true supreme being and I am but its humble servant. Mostly because on those occasions the game has overruled me by glitching out in a hilarious way (still can't get over the sim who froze to death in the shower during a heat wave, that still makes me laugh), it's always made for a great story. The one game-based intervention I refuse to allow is alien abductions. Those get a "resetsim (name)" cheat. Everything else is fair game.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Since most of my played sims are occults, I would have a spellcaster who knew the spell, Dedeathify, go revive her back to normal sim. I use this spell all the time when my sim goes to bars on ghost night...I only dedeathify adults and young adults. Sorry elders.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I get a start every time I scroll over this thread. My first name is Julia. :D
  • Options

Yes @ACruelButLovingGod I'm also a "vice-god" (nice!) in my game. I like to keep this unexpected events, they give me new ways to keep going a story. I usually play occults, but I have also "mortal" sims: this days I'm playing more normal sims to refresh the generations. I feel that weather is now most dangerous or maybe I forget about it because of my vampires (they do not care about the snow or storms).
  • Options

Lol @bshag4lv poor elders!

I play occults... I love Dedeathify to create stories...

By now I feel I will keep Julia in my ghost household... maybe in the future she can be a protagonist of a new story :#

No way @simgirl1010 !!! Julia is a lovely name, that was one of the reasons I loved so much this NPC :/ (Also thanks for your work in this forums, I really appreciate that you post information from other social media here).