Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An appeal to the CC creators regarding file names

ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
When you are done creating whatever item/slot you just created, PLEASE add an indicator to the file what it actually is. To make it clear this isnt just about me but about all who take care of their files.

When I download individual files I immediately move them into the right folder. I got alot of new CC recently and going through it all made me aware of this. I have a specific order for CAS items and mods in general, some items are beyond recognition to file them properly.
42138056dw.jpg

In those cases I have to search for the author to find the specific item to tell what it is. Most creators have good file names like "authorname_slot_123". Totally fine. But "authorname_abc_abc123" is useless.

I imagine people who just throw everything into their mod folder, creating an folder with a list of endless white files sorted by name, who occasionally look through it find themselves lost aswell when they find files with names that dont indicate the slot or anything, not even the author's name.

I mean creators in general agreed to write their name on the file first. Great. Well, most agreed. Im looking at files right now only labeled "skinother.package". At least I know what it is but its not possible to identify the creator of it.

Please, creators.

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited September 2021
    Zasz wrote: »
    When you are done creating whatever item/slot you just created, PLEASE add an indicator to the file what it actually is. To make it clear this isnt just about me but about all who take care of their files.

When I download individual files I immediately move them into the right folder. I got alot of new CC recently and going through it all made me aware of this. I have a specific order for CAS items and mods in general, some items are beyond recognition to file them properly.
    42138056dw.jpg

In those cases I have to search for the author to find the specific item to tell what it is. Most creators have good file names like "authorname_slot_123". Totally fine. But "authorname_abc_abc123" is useless.

I imagine people who just throw everything into their mod folder, creating an folder with a list of endless white files sorted by name, who occasionally look through it find themselves lost aswell when they find files with names that dont indicate the slot or anything, not even the author's name.

I mean creators in general agreed to write their name on the file first. Great. Well, most agreed. Im looking at files right now only labeled "skinother.package". At least I know what it is but its not possible to identify the creator of it.

Please, creators.

You have the option to rename a file anything you like so long as you are not sharing someone else's work to your own site or that of another. If it helps you to find the files on your own computer I would suggest doing this.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on