Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Previous game "bugs" you wish were features?

Thought this would fit best in this section, my apologies if not!

Anyway: Bugs and glitches....they're not few and far between in this game. Some of them are worse than others, but has there ever been a bug you felt improved your gameplay, or added a nice detail to it, enough that it was kind of disappointing when it was removed?

I feel like there's been multiple instances of this happening to me, but what I currently have at the top of my mind is the following:

1) That visual glitch where the texture of a roof was appearing on the underside. I was so disappointed when they fixed that because I thought it looked so much better than that nasty grey we're stuck with!

2) That bug where sims either just picked up a serving or would not touch meals at all immediately after you made them, even if they were kind of hungry. I hate that sims do that and I don't think they should autonomously! When they weren't tucking into meals immediately it made it far easier to arrange family dinners. I could also (usually) stop them from routing somewhere to eat that didn't make sense (Like walking past the dining room table right by the kitchen in order to have dinner on their child's bed upstairs.)

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    When island living was released, Sims could wade in the water in other worlds. They could stand with their feet in the water, nothing more. But it felt so different to be able to do that. This 'bug' was patched out a few months later.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t find any bugs cool or useful.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Batuu pack allowed me to use batuu interactions outside of batuu. I had loads of fun creating an army in Willowcreek with my head police officer and checking citizen id's. If they didn't pass the test they were locked in the functional prison cell I downloaded. But overall it was just a fun way to play. They patched it out so I'm guessing it was a bug?😭😭😭😭😭😭 now I have even less use for batuu..... because I don't want to be confined to a world I can't even live in. I gave the pack quite a bit of praise but I have to knock a few stars off if we can't even do that much
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2021
    The glitch where you could flood your sims house. That was fun. I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶

07-22-21-12-44-18-AM.png
    07-22-21-12-45-52-AM.png
    07-22-21-12-32-22-AM.png

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Alien and vampire hybrids. Not sure if you can do that anymore or not.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The glitch where you could flood your sims house. That was fun. I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶

07-22-21-12-44-18-AM.png
    07-22-21-12-45-52-AM.png
    07-22-21-12-32-22-AM.png

Wait..... you can't DO THIS ANYMORE?!!!! THAT WAS THE BEST PART OF THE UPDATE😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    That's just way too cool. A watery house without a pool or the outdoor island water lot. It would be such a cool build mode tool.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    When island living was released, Sims could wade in the water in other worlds. They could stand with their feet in the water, nothing more. But it felt so different to be able to do that. This 'bug' was patched out a few months later.
    @Atreya33
    They've left a few. From my testing, one can still "wade" in Magnolia Promenade's lake(?), as well as Cavalier Cove's creek (Brindleton Bay). I'll have to test to see if any others have remained (though I can say none of the major beaches (pre-IL) have the option).

ETA: Yep, those are the only 2 "wading" points.
    @Gamer_34567544
    You can still create hybrids through the use of the 'Dark Ley Line' lot trait. Just make sure one parent is an occult other than a vampire. Doesn't matter what the other parent is. If one parent is an alien, and the other a mortal, they'll have an alien hybrid that's also a vampire (fully functioning, save for the lack of alien powers, given alien-sim hybrids were never really aliens in the first place).
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I loved it when wading was possible in all the waters and was sad to see it go. I wish it was a real feature (with swimming).

I had no idea flooding houses was fixed! I kinda would have wanted to try it, though it also looks like it could break a save, so I don't know whether I'd have dared to do it. Anyway, it looks so much fun!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I missed that entire flooding houses “bug”. 🥺
    So sad. What an amazing feature. I hope it gets patched in again. Maybe it’s meant to be part of a new kit or pack? Like some kind of Plumbing Disasters Kit. Yes please. 😝
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I awesome'd almost everything said so far.

To add one of my own: Hiking with toddlers. Sims used to carry them, then at the waypoints drop them, forcing the player to command the toddler manually to walk along. But under the new system I have to manually walk the toddler 100% of the time instead of just half the way, so I don't see the improvement of the "fix".
  • Options
    FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member

im pretty sure you can if you use cheats, i think i saw someone do a video on it.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Fire pee