Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are your sims? Are they not addicted at brewing coffee?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I have a question again. ^^;; I'm considering to move the coffee maker into the household inventory. My sims always enjoy brewing coffee most of the time. Is there any idea to stop this without moving the coffee maker into household inventory? I'm not using MCCC.

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Are you only not using MCCC or are you also opposed to use mods in general. If you were open to use mods, I have one availabe for this issue as part of my thirsttweak mod. That mod consists of three modules, but you could totally use any of them on their own:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Because my sims do get into habits of that kind, and because coffee only provides an Energized buff, which I can easily accomplish with a shower (while raising hygiene motive, to boot), as much as I like coffee IRL, I seldom if ever allow my sims to own a coffee maker.

There are tuning mods out there that do dramatically decrease the draw of particular autonomous actions.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I don’t mind them brewing coffee or tea as much as I do taking glass of water from the sink and going to wash hands in the middle of the conversation. Addiction to coffee I can somewhat understand, but the tap water? When there is orange juice in the fridge and few other better options? I think it was patched at some point, but it never truly stopped. Foodie sims are especially annoying as they run to take glass of tap water and instantly have uncomfortable moodlet from bad drink, lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @83bienchen
    I like simple bug fixes mods. :) But I couldn't find the mod for me on that link you suggested. Could you show me the name of the mod?
    @Sindocat
    Sounds like I'm not alone. :D Thank you. But what is IRL?
    @Olalla1986
    I have a mod for stopping grabbing tap water and juice from the fridge. :)
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods-ScriptedMods/title/no-autonomous-drinking/id/1551027/
    This mod still works great in my game though I downloaded this from Sims Asylum site a few years before. But unfortunately, it won't stop sims making drinks at the bar while inspired emotion.
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @Sindocat
    Sounds like I'm not alone. :D Thank you. But what is IRL?

Pardon my cryptic abbreviation. IRL = "in real life". That is, I personally love coffee - so it is a shame that allowing my sims to share that is problematic.

• Options
    It's called thirsttweak. You can use the search bar ("Suchen") on the top right of the page and type "thirsttweak" in.
    Btw, that mod also gets rid of Sims making drinks when inspired and taking water and juice from the fridge.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I suspect that sims' addiction to the tea maker has increased since the patch. But I don't really mind as the tea maker is basically a mood randomiser and I kind of play "the sim's in this mood now, what activity/skill gain can I have them do?".
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2021
    I play autonomy off so :sweat_smile: no addictions to coffee no they hardly even know coffee is a thing cause as someone who drinks no coffee i often forget its an option o_o
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Hi bienchen, yet another mod of yours that I probably need...sink water is much better than sparkling water on LittleMsSams' mod for spa tray, lol.

The biggest problem I'm having now is the absurd obsession for going to "view" stuff right after they do anything, painting, repairing, upgrading, gardening, you name it and they have this obsession to go view something, not always the same stuff. I really wish there was a mod for this. I already have bienchen's mod about not viewing celebrities' photos but this is different stuff, as long as they go "view" it. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    My Sims take spells. When they get tired, they'll brew coffee and drink it instead of sleeping. In fact, actually sleeping seems to be the last thing they autonomously do when tired since I still have to wake them up from naps in their own bed to sleep. Even at night. For some reason they do not tend to clean the mugs, either, so that can be pretty annoying and all to sabotage their next day at school/work.

The sad part, I could probably look over all this if they actually emptied the pot. It always spoils and has to be cleaned, and they certainly don't do that autonomously!

Since it is random when they take their coffee spells you could leave a coffeemaker alone, but they seem to always get trapped in a cycle when they fall into it for me. Maybe the coffee drinker lifestyle being a thing now contributes. Who knows. However, I would not be afraid to take it away and only put it back when their needs are pretty well perfect.
    Post edited by Calico45 on
  • Options
    The coffee maker is one of my "forbidden objects" for sims because of their annoying tendency to use it the hot minute I switch to another sim in the household and their autonomy kicks back on.

It's just as well—I don't feel like they're missing anything because I personally don't like coffee, preferring to get my caffeine fix from a can of Bang or Rockstar Xdurance (300mg of caffeine per can, yes I have a problem.) If there were a way to use something like the juice fizzer to make energy drinks, at least one of my rotation sims would have a new self-employed career...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @Sindocat
    Thanks! Because I’m from non English spoken country, so I’m not good at English abbreviations. :) Anyway, it’s always good to learn new English expressions, especially from the sims. :D

@calaprfy
    Ahh..I didn’t know that. I came back to TS4 only a month before. Maybe the tea maker can be better than the coffee maker. The reason I want to stop my sims brewing coffee is it always put them into exercise mood even though they finished exercise at the gym an hour ago. I wouldn’t mind my sims keep brewing coffee unless they don’t get energized mood as I love coffee and English breakfast tea without milk IRL. :D

@Simmingal
    I’m considering that option too. :disappointed:

@bshag4lv
    I understand that feeling, especially, constant ‘talk to plant’ and ‘view aquarium’ while a couple of fishes in it. It has been long time since I stopped buying it. But the one point is that it might make sims stand around doing nothing if I stop most of their free will.

@Calico45
    This is one of the reasons I play with occult sims. I have 4 sims in my household. They are just housemates. They are not a blood lined family. 3 of them are virtuoso spell casters and the other one is a grand master vampire. My vamp sim is really moving fast and the spell casters move using transportalate spell. I haven’t seen the spoiled coffee in the coffee machine although they constantly using coffee machine. They might clean it themselves while I’m controlling other house member. :D Also they have ‘seldom sleep’ store reward trait except for my vamp sim, I always let them sleep at midnight although they are not sleepy for the next morning. Otherwise, they will ruin their university classes next day.

@ACruelButLovingGod
    One of my family in real life enjoys RedBull rather than coffee. He doesn’t like coffee smell. If you have DU pack, you will get the energy drinks from some events. I forgot what kind of situation you can obtain them. Oh.. maybe from .. e sports club? Not sure.

@83bienchen Thank you for the mod. I found it but..
    As for ‘Only Sims with maxed mixology skill will autonomously start crafting drinks at the bar.’ ..
    3 of my 4 sims have 10 skill points in mixology. There wouldn’t be other way to stop them crafting drinks. But I’m ok because I always make money from selling the drinks to the inventory. :D Oh I just realized you are the modder. Thank you, also I downloaded some of your other mods like freelancer edits more successful. I appreciate your mods.
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hi bienchen, yet another mod of yours that I probably need...sink water is much better than sparkling water on LittleMsSams' mod for spa tray, lol.

The biggest problem I'm having now is the absurd obsession for going to "view" stuff right after they do anything, painting, repairing, upgrading, gardening, you name it and they have this obsession to go view something, not always the same stuff. I really wish there was a mod for this. I already have bienchen's mod about not viewing celebrities' photos but this is different stuff, as long as they go "view" it. :s

@bshag4lv: I actually also have a lessautonomousviewing mod which might be the reason I never experienced what you describe in my game:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/

@Jeansoo: I must admit that the description for this mod is a little outdated. I changed that quite a while ago because actually Sims in the mixology career are about the only ones that do have a bar in my game. I changed the autonomy to only juice enthusiast (and certain roles like bar tenders, club with bartending, ...) a while after Get Famous is released. Meaning that the mod description is actually quite a bit outdated. The mod itself is not though.
  • Options
    @83bienchen that’s fantastic! I will download this today. :D
  • Options
    @Jeansoo - I do try to remember that The Sims has an international following, and to use standard English. The abbreviations are a bad habit of texting I try not to fall into here.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    @Jeansoo - I do try to remember that The Sims has an international following, and to use standard English. The abbreviations are a bad habit of texting I try not to fall into here.
    But actually I liked it. :D

• Options
    edited September 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Are you only not using MCCC or are you also opposed to use mods in general. If you were open to use mods, I have one availabe for this issue as part of my thirsttweak mod. That mod consists of three modules, but you could totally use any of them on their own:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

Maybe do you have a mod that DJ works at nightclub whiles celebrity sims are dancing? Almost of NPC DJs stops running the music and adoring my celebrity sims' dance. From this thing, one of my celebrity sims mastered DJ mixing skill and he is running the music track instead of that NPC DJs. I don't want NO reaction with celebrity mod. I noticed the mods stop all reactions towards the celebrity sims. I still want my sims to be adored by other sims but only DJ or bartender or other rolled sims can still do their jobs. Thanks I downloaded about 4-5 your mods on the page. Those will be very handy to me. :D

By the way, may I ask how to pronounce your nick name, Bienchen? I didn't learn German language.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I don't know which celebrity mod you use but my lesscelebreact mod does not stop reactions towards celebs, it mainly stops Sims from freaking out about a befriended or related celebrity.

The only other celeb reaction mod I know of is LittleMsSam's Small Get Famous Reactions Overhaul; it also doesn't disable celeb reactions completely:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

Bien is pronounced "bean", for the "ch" I don't actually think there is any word in English that is pronounced like the German "ch", its clearly different from the English pronounciation, the ending ins pronounced like "hen".
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I used MCCC to turn off autonomy for the coffee maker and tea maker. My sims will only make these drinks when I tell them to now.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    @83bienchen, thanks for the link. I recognized several of your wonderful autonomy mods that I have had for some time, but didn't realize I had skipped that one. Thanks again! <3

The viewing is probably the only thing that my sims do that totally makes me want to get a mod that kills that, they literally go to view after every thing they do. If this works, you can have my firstborn. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I don't know which celebrity mod you use but my lesscelebreact mod does not stop reactions towards celebs, it mainly stops Sims from freaking out about a befriended or related celebrity.

The only other celeb reaction mod I know of is LittleMsSam's Small Get Famous Reactions Overhaul; it also doesn't disable celeb reactions completely:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/619989464091082752/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small

Bien is pronounced "bean", for the "ch" I don't actually think there is any word in English that is pronounced like the German "ch", its clearly different from the English pronounciation, the ending ins pronounced like "hen".

Thank you so much for the link. I will have a look your page again. Ahh. Maybe Bean-hen? ^^; I was calling “Bi-en-shen” in the inside voice. Thank you. :)

@Sharonia
    Unfortunately, MCCC is not my taste. :)
  • Options
    GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    They do that only when low in energy
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2021
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @Sindocat
    Thanks! Because I’m from non English spoken country, so I’m not good at English abbreviations. :) Anyway, it’s always good to learn new English expressions, especially from the sims. :D

@calaprfy
    Ahh..I didn’t know that. I came back to TS4 only a month before. Maybe the tea maker can be better than the coffee maker. The reason I want to stop my sims brewing coffee is it always put them into exercise mood even though they finished exercise at the gym an hour ago. I wouldn’t mind my sims keep brewing coffee unless they don’t get energized mood as I love coffee and English breakfast tea without milk IRL. :D

@Simmingal
    I’m considering that option too. :disappointed:

@bshag4lv
    I understand that feeling, especially, constant ‘talk to plant’ and ‘view aquarium’ while a couple of fishes in it. It has been long time since I stopped buying it. But the one point is that it might make sims stand around doing nothing if I stop most of their free will.

@Calico45
    This is one of the reasons I play with occult sims. I have 4 sims in my household. They are just housemates. They are not a blood lined family. 3 of them are virtuoso spell casters and the other one is a grand master vampire. My vamp sim is really moving fast and the spell casters move using transportalate spell. I haven’t seen the spoiled coffee in the coffee machine although they constantly using coffee machine. They might clean it themselves while I’m controlling other house member. :D Also they have ‘seldom sleep’ store reward trait except for my vamp sim, I always let them sleep at midnight although they are not sleepy for the next morning. Otherwise, they will ruin their university classes next day.

@ACruelButLovingGod
    One of my family in real life enjoys RedBull rather than coffee. He doesn’t like coffee smell. If you have DU pack, you will get the energy drinks from some events. I forgot what kind of situation you can obtain them. Oh.. maybe from .. e sports club? Not sure.

@83bienchen Thank you for the mod. I found it but..
    As for ‘Only Sims with maxed mixology skill will autonomously start crafting drinks at the bar.’ ..
    3 of my 4 sims have 10 skill points in mixology. There wouldn’t be other way to stop them crafting drinks. But I’m ok because I always make money from selling the drinks to the inventory. :D Oh I just realized you are the modder. Thank you, also I downloaded some of your other mods like freelancer edits more successful. I appreciate your mods.

I have had a couple of sims that don’t have mixology maxed that make drinks at the bar on their own, but they are in the cooking/mixology career, and I have at times sent them to make drinks, maybe that is why they tend to make them on their own. I do have autonomy on for the sim I am directly controlling, so sometimes when I’m working with another sim they will sneak in and make a drink on their own.

I didn’t know DU has energy drinks, but I haven’t checked that pack out thoroughly. I play rotational, and college is not too exciting in the Sims 4 ( at least to me).

As for the coffee, some have coffee makers, some don’t, but some of my sims do get in a habit of making coffee if they are left alone, which is more than I do IRL as I don’t like coffee, but I love weak black tea. Some of my sims also drink tea. Now I need and orange tree and a lime tree, and a juicer so some of my sims can make lemonade, orange juice, and limeade.

I don’t buy the rewards that lower sims sleep or other needs. Even some of the beds I have tend to give a few of my sims too much sleep. I am really glad we can increase the efficiency of any beds now though.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on