Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anything I Need To Be Concerned About??

One of my sims oddly got an incontrollable laughing illness with what looked like tiger stripes on her face. I looked up to see what it was and if there was a cure aside from sitting around and waiting 2 hours. I read that it was a disease your magic user gets, but my sims is human.
Eventually it passed when I found nothing about a cure, but I kept her away from her husband and son in case it was contagious.
Now, she is acting like she's sick. She fans herself with a fire in her thought bubble. A couple times a stethoscope would appear in a thought bubble, and last thing that popped up in a thought bubble was a vial of medicine. :/
I scrolled through her phone to see if there was an option to have her go visit a doctor, just to get looked at. Much like your pets can at the vet, but I saw no option. (I feel I should make everyone aware that I am still fairly new to the sims 4. I've only played it for a year and still learning.)
Is there anything I need to be concerned with? Is there by any chance a way she can visit the hospital to get looked at?
Any help would be most appreciated. :)
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
d3Z5s3V.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    You can order medicine on the computer. That will cure everything, I think. Orange juice, green tea, and a nap will also help. The only "serious" diseases are the ones you get from a small animal (which you won't get if you don't have My First Pet) and the curse that you can pick up when exploring the ruins in Jungle Adventure.
  • Options
    ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    You can order medicine on the computer. That will cure everything, I think. Orange juice, green tea, and a nap will also help. The only "serious" diseases are the ones you get from a small animal (which you won't get if you don't have My First Pet) and the curse that you can pick up when exploring the ruins in Jungle Adventure.

Thanks for the help! I am so glad I bought the Toddler Stuff instead of the My First Pet, then.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I'm still trying to figure out if an illness only lasts as long as the moodlet, or if an illness continues for longer and creates different symptoms/moodlets from time to time over the course of a few days. I've noticed my sims tend to get illness moodlets in quick succession. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm still trying to figure out if an illness only lasts as long as the moodlet, or if an illness continues for longer and creates different symptoms/moodlets from time to time over the course of a few days. I've noticed my sims tend to get illness moodlets in quick succession. Does anyone know?

In my experience, it seems like the illness kind of pops up and goes away over 48 hours or so, shorter if you do any of the "remedy" actions (nap, orange juice, green tea, or medicine) when the illness moodlet is active. I don't know about the epidemiology of a sick sim and whether or how they spread it to others, but the disease itself seems to be governed by a hidden moodlet (possibly a derivative of how pregnancy trimesters work?) in terms of game mechanics under the bonnet.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member