Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits Conflict. Make sims more complicated.

Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
English is just a foreign language to me, sorry for possible weird words and inappropriate sentences.

I haven't played TS4 for a long time. I heard that there're skintone and makeup sliders. Though I don't know too many details, it probably mean that we can be less limited in terms of color, it's great.

However, let's not talk about the problem of only choosing three traits here. I think some of traits conflict, such as evil and childish, doesn't make sense (or other more appropriate adjectives). An evil and childish sims can be a grown up evil child or evil big kid (everyone knows that children can choose evil trait). And about others (some traits may no longer conflict during the time I haven't played):
- Snob and childish sim is a spoiled heir/heiress
- Good and kleptomaniac sim is Robin Hood type (there's a pre-made sim from TS3, he has the two trait and he is based on Robin Hood) or a good person who can't control their own hands (there's a criminal in real life, Charles Salvador. The difference is that he isn't stealing but violent behavior). And it remind me a comic by Osamu Tezuka, Nanairo Inko (I don't know if there is an official English name). The protagonist is probably, or obviously has serious kleptomania and seems very proud of it, but he still return after found those are someone's life-saving money, and usually helps people he meets (though these people finally become his victims if they're rich). It's hard to say whether he is really kind in heart, but it proves in some way that these two traits can be not conflict.
- Proper and mean sim is sanctimonious
- Family-oriented and noncommittal sim is pay attention to family but afraid of commitment (similar to jealous and noncommittal are not conflict)
- Lazy and neat sim is loves clean but lazy (I have heard of such people, some of them don't want to clean by themselves, some just want to clean. I have a similar tendency myself, though I'm not neat. When I live by myself, I always clean up the table after a few days. Though I think it's dirty, I just don't bother to cleaning) Lazy and adventurous/maker sim is similar to this.
- Lazy and ambitious sim is daydreamer
- Good and mean sim is bark is worse than they bite
- Outgoing and paranoid sim is similar to the "dynamite pack" personality - usually get along well but can't be provoked. I have also heard of similar people, who can get along with everyone well at ordinary times, but once aroused their suspicion, they will be very suspicious
- Goofball and snob... I can't think of any reason for the conflict between these two traits. Can't snob people be humorous and
mischievous?
...And so on. I know this may have something to do with moodlets, it can be improved like this: Sims both have proper and mean traits will still happy when they use a mean or mischief interaction. Sim both have lazy and neat traits are like cleaning but hate other physical tasks. Sims with good and kleptomaniac traits can return stolen items and feel happy... And so on.

I heard that, I don't know if it's true, or if it's still the case, the reward trait brave (I think "fearless" is obviously more suitable as a reward trait) is conflict with squeamish. I don't know if gurus confuses squeamish and cowardly, but nausea and fear are different emotions. Imagine the feeling of see the toilet pits filled with various forms of old poos and the feeling of being in a room with the most feared insects.
And I'm curious that the logic of good sim can't woohoo in coffin. I don't know if it's still the case.

Hope TS4 can be better😊
Entrance to the abyss
sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
It's a scratch-off ticket
There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on