Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me figure this out?

I keep getting a BE/LE in my game almost every single time I load it. Whether it's just opening the game, coming out of CAS or just about any other thing I enter in-game
The BE mentions Career_Base with a 10% cause. I don't know how to get it to stop appearing aside from going back to Sims 3.

Here's the link to the LE because the BE lists an unmentionable game on the first part of the page. However I can send the BE to someone in messages if they want it.
file:///C:/Users/diver/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204/Mods/MC%20Command%20Center/mc_lastexception.html

I can't enter Discord and I'm not part of Patreon so I'm asking in here.

Could someone please help me? This is really annoying and I need help with it.

Thank you.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Have you tried starting the game without any mods? Cleared the cache files?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You need to ask your questions here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

We can't access files on your computer so you'll need to attach your files when you ask for help there.
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited September 2021
    You can upload that LE file here: https://lastexception.com/ Sounds like a mod issue. The only thing that may work is to pull any mods from the game and test it. If the game loads then you quit out and start adding mods back in until you find the culprit. (Of course deleting the cache file every time)
    Post edited by inmyeye on
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Do you have any custom career mods? If you do, pull it out, delete the localthumbcache, then repair your game through Origin. If you had a career mod and didn't remove parts, or part of it, you might want to go through your mods to find it and remove it. Then repair your game once that thumbcache has been deleted. Another possibility is you are using a career mod that needs to be updated.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @inmyeye I uploaded it and it said there was an error with it. I can't seem to get it to work.
  • Options
    I have some tuning errors listed in the BE. I can't find most of them but I figured out the bottom one (I hope). I had one that was for an afterschool activity for teens called newspapers not journalism. I removed it. I didn't find multiple copies of it though.

I have mods by all of these creators but nothing with these. I used to have console about absence but I don't anymore. I can't find this job interview for criminal anywhere. How do I find these so I can remove them? Please help.
    I can't get that thing that inmyeye posted to work.
    Please help.

Showing last 10 minor error logs.
    These are provided for additional info and might not actually have anything to do with the exception.
    (most recent log last)

Tuning Class Error Message
    Zero:dramaNode_JobInterview_CompanyCall_Criminal Tuning | Error while parsing tuning in Instance: 16268927919839009691 (Zero:dramaNode_JobInterview_CompanyCall_Criminal), Types.DRAMA_NODE
    Zero:dramaNode_JobInterview_CompanyCall_Criminal Tuning | single has an invalid value for <class 'int'> specified: 0x98F99407-->. Setting to default value <sims4.localization.TunableLocalizedStringFactory._Wrapper object at 0x00007FF4D32E9328>
    dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex Tuning | Error in Instance: 1318044109694730038 (dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex), Types.DRAMA_NODE, parsing a TunableTuple tag
    dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex Tuning | The tag name 'blacklist_participants' was unexpected. Valid tags: participant_type
    dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex Tuning | Error in Instance: 1318044109694730038 (dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex), Types.DRAMA_NODE, parsing a TunableTuple tag
    dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex Tuning | The tag name 'sim_filter' was unexpected. Valid tags: participant_type
    ilkavelle:career_Adult_Journalism_University CareerTuning | Invalid tuning. Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track2_Writer has multiple parent tracks: Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_Journalismafterschoolactivity, ilkavelle:Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_University
    ilkavelle:career_Adult_Journalism_University CareerTuning | Invalid tuning. Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track3_Photography has multiple parent tracks: Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_Journalismafterschoolactivity, ilkavelle:Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_University
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    edited September 2021
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I have some tuning errors listed in the BE. I can't find most of them but I figured out the bottom one (I hope). I had one that was for an afterschool activity for teens called newspapers not journalism. I removed it. I didn't find multiple copies of it though.

I have mods by all of these creators but nothing with these. I used to have console about absence but I don't anymore. I can't find this job interview for criminal anywhere. How do I find these so I can remove them? Please help.
    I can't get that thing that inmyeye posted to work.
    Please help.

Showing last 10 minor error logs.
    These are provided for additional info and might not actually have anything to do with the exception.
    (most recent log last)

Tuning Class Error Message
    Zero:dramaNode_JobInterview_CompanyCall_Criminal Tuning | Error while parsing tuning in Instance: 16268927919839009691 (Zero:dramaNode_JobInterview_CompanyCall_Criminal), Types.DRAMA_NODE
    Zero:dramaNode_JobInterview_CompanyCall_Criminal Tuning | single has an invalid value for <class 'int'> specified: 0x98F99407-->. Setting to default value <sims4.localization.TunableLocalizedStringFactory._Wrapper object at 0x00007FF4D32E9328>
    dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex Tuning | The tag name 'blacklist_participants' was unexpected. Valid tags: participant_type
    dialogDramaNode_ConsoleAboutAbsence_Rex Tuning | The tag name 'sim_filter' was unexpected. Valid tags: participant_type
    ilkavelle:career_Adult_Journalism_University CareerTuning | Invalid tuning. Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track2_Writer has multiple parent tracks: Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_Journalismafterschoolactivity, ilkavelle:Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_University
    ilkavelle:career_Adult_Journalism_University CareerTuning | Invalid tuning. Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track3_Photography has multiple parent tracks: Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_Journalismafterschoolactivity, ilkavelle:Journalismafterschoolactivity_Track1_University

Full disclosure, I’m not the best at interpreting LEs, but it seems like your error is due to Zero’s Job Finding mod and Ilkavelle’s school newspaper activity (you stated you removed this, but make sure you delete your localthumbcache file before loading your game). The Cottage Living patch broke a lot of mods, so make sure all your mods are up to date which you can check for here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991971/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-21-cottage-living-patch-aug-21-patch/p1

For further help on interpreting LEs, the Deaderpool ( https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU ) and Sims After Dark ( https://discord.gg/RqPqCdBsdF )discord servers are really helpful.

Hope this helped a little.

Edit: Oops, just realized that you said you can’t enter Discord. I second crocobaura in saying that Answers HQ would be a good place to go with CC help. They should give you the steps to track down your issue. If all else fails, you may want to try the 50/50 method as outlined here: https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    @wormofthebook, thank you.
    I took out the mod by Zero that you mentioned (I'm yet to play again though) I did notice that it wasn't working at all but I had wrote it off as one of those mods that works randomly or something. I'll look for updates for it. Nope. Neither of them are updated. Well, both are removed and neither of them are really needed by me.