Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a good tip for making legendary knittables?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, my sim has reached up to level 10 at knitting skill. When he had 'complete 10 excellent knittables' milestone, he knitted over 5 legendary ones, but now he needs to 5 legendary knittables but he keeps making 'Normal' or 'Excellent' ones in very inspired mood after drinking inspired potion. Any good tips please? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The only thing I can tell you is just keep them knitting. My sim knitted legendary right before she got to lvl 10. I don't know of any tips how to get this status otherwise.

Good luck!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    The only thing I can tell you is just keep them knitting. My sim knitted legendary right before she got to lvl 10. I don't know of any tips how to get this status otherwise.

Good luck!

Thanks. Actually my sim already knitted over 5 legendary knittables while he was knitting for 'complete 10 excellent knittables' milestone. The legendary knittables didn't count to 'complete 10 excellent knittables' milestone, so he knitted tons of knittables until the milestone is completed, and then he met '5 legendary knittables' and he never make even one since that time. Looks like a bug..

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Good luck!

Thanks. Actually my sim already knitted over 5 legendary knittables while he was knitting for 'complete 10 excellent knittables' milestone. The legendary knittables didn't count to 'complete 10 excellent knittables' milestone, so he knitted tons of knittables until the milestone is completed, and then he met '5 legendary knittables' and he never make even one since that time. Looks like a bug..

I've had the same experience with the writing and painting aspirations. It does seem like the game is deliberately thwarting us! I can't remember the name of the aspiration award that supposedly makes your Sim more likely to create masterpieces, but I think it does help with making 'legendary' knittables.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've not gotten up that high with knitting, but I can say it is the same with Painting. As you get higher in the aspiration, it takes longer and longer for your sim to actually create those elusive Masterpieces. She made several while getting to that level, then she kept painting excellent ones. I just kept grinding away at it till my sim finally completed that aspiration. She made quite a bit of money during that time, and Plopsy was a great help for that. :)

I told myself it took so long because the Lighting was not right on that particular day, or she was waiting for true inspiration to strike.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @invisiblgirl
    Maybe from store reward traits? Creative Visionary? My sim has that too. Also he completed the painter and writer aspirations too, but cannot make any legendary ones..

@Isharell
    For painting, it’s easy to make the master piece. It takes longer to get the master pieces from general paintings like classic, pop art etc, however, if you use ‘paint from reference’, it usually costs more than other paintings and you can get the better quality of painting. It’s easier to make the master pieces with Creative Visionary store trait. My sim completed the painter aspiration easy. Writing the bestseller is the easiest one. But my sim who completed this both aspirations, made over 10 pieces of knittables but mostly excellent or some of them are even ‘normal’ in level 10 knitting skill. I can understand making normal quality at level 6 or 7 knitting skill but, you know he has level 10 in knitting skill. How is that possible? The sims have level 10 in painting or writing skill, they don’t paint or write normal quality of paintings or books. How is it possible to make normal quality of knittables with maxed knitting skill? Looks like it’s a bug to me.

• Options
    Another thing I have noticed, when a sim makes a normal knitted, cross-stitched, whatever, after the next one or two will increase in quality. Again, good luck.
  • Options
    Another thing I have noticed, when a sim makes a normal knitted, cross-stitched, whatever, after the next one or two will increase in quality. Again, good luck.
    Thank you :)

• Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Hi, my sim has reached up to level 10 at knitting skill. When he had 'complete 10 excellent knittables' milestone, he knitted over 5 legendary ones, but now he needs to 5 legendary knittables but he keeps making 'Normal' or 'Excellent' ones in very inspired mood after drinking inspired potion. Any good tips please? Thanks.

@Jeansoo - Try knitting while your Sim is FOCUSED. For some reason, it isn't "inspiration" that generates legendary knitting, but "focus" does.

• Options
    @invisiblgirl
    Maybe from store reward traits? Creative Visionary? My sim has that too. Also he completed the painter and writer aspirations too, but cannot make any legendary ones..

@Isharell
    For painting, it’s easy to make the master piece. It takes longer to get the master pieces from general paintings like classic, pop art etc, however, if you use ‘paint from reference’, it usually costs more than other paintings and you can get the better quality of painting. It’s easier to make the master pieces with Creative Visionary store trait. My sim completed the painter aspiration easy. Writing the bestseller is the easiest one. But my sim who completed this both aspirations, made over 10 pieces of knittables but mostly excellent or some of them are even ‘normal’ in level 10 knitting skill. I can understand making normal quality at level 6 or 7 knitting skill but, you know he has level 10 in knitting skill. How is that possible? The sims have level 10 in painting or writing skill, they don’t paint or write normal quality of paintings or books. How is it possible to make normal quality of knittables with maxed knitting skill? Looks like it’s a bug to me.

Yes, it's the 'creative visionary' reward.

I'm actually having the opposite trouble: my Sim once created a 'poor' quality ceramic llama, and unfortunately, I was so disgusted I sold it before really looking at it. Now, I'm curious to see what it looks like - some of those 'poor' quality items are amusing. (I usually add the mismatched 'poor' quality socks to the wardrobe.) So, I've had my Sim making ceramic llamas for days. Lots of 'excellent', a few 'legendary' (she does have level 10 and the creative visionary perk), some 'normal', but no 'poor' quality. (And she does occasionally make 'poor' quality knittables even at level 10.)

I've been obsessed with knitting since the pack came out, truth be told :)
  • Options
    @invisiblegirl, that's me too. I love knitting in the game so much, even the guys knit, lol. :D
  • Options
    @invisiblgirl

@Isharell

I'm actually having the opposite trouble: my Sim once created a 'poor' quality ceramic llama, and unfortunately, I was so disgusted I sold it before really looking at it. Now, I'm curious to see what it looks like - some of those 'poor' quality items are amusing. (I usually add the mismatched 'poor' quality socks to the wardrobe.) So, I've had my Sim making ceramic llamas for days. Lots of 'excellent', a few 'legendary' (she does have level 10 and the creative visionary perk), some 'normal', but no 'poor' quality. (And she does occasionally make 'poor' quality knittables even at level 10.)

Oh really? I haven't had any poor quality.. Ah! I think I had one or two when he was at low level in knitting. ok thanks for sharing your story and now I can understand better about this knitting skill. :)
  • Options
    @invisiblgirl

@Isharell

Oh really? I haven't had any poor quality.. Ah! I think I had one or two when he was at low level in knitting. ok thanks for sharing your story and now I can understand better about this knitting skill. :)

Okay, to add to the bizarre - I finally got another 'poor quality' (but wait!) yellow ceramic llama. It comes out as orange instead of yellow. But, here's the kicker: in this case, the orange 'mistake' was 'legendary'. (I have several 'legendary' yellow llamas, and they are all yellow.)

I experimented with the 'focused' mood as @Jaline33 suggests, and it might help a bit. But really, I think it's all a matter of chance - maybe it's a 1 in 5 chance if your Sim has level 10 skills, and a 1 in 10 if the skills are lower. I'm pretty sure that needs figure in - if a Sim is hungry or I force her to finish the object before I let her pee (I'm a tyrant), that seems to lower the chances of a 'legendary' knit.

That said, I'm still convinced that the game is programmed to lower the odds when you get to the 'knit 5 legendary objects' (or 'write 5 bestsellers') aspiration goals.