Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sizing things up in build mode never worked with my laptop, I can only size thing down ;(

DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So I've had this issue since I got TS4, I can size objects down in build more fine, using ) + command, but sizing things up using ( + command never worked.
I know I'm not the only one to have that problem.
I play on a MacBook Pro with an AZERTY French keyboard.

Please fix this frustrating issue, EA :)

If anyone had that issue and found a solution, I'm all ears !

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I had a Macbook Pro and now I'm on an Air. I use [ and ]. I've never used anything else.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Holly69Holly69 Posts: 9 New Member
    This might sound stupid... but have you tried pressing random keys to see which one is the right keybind for size up/down? I assume the problem is because of the French keyboard.
  • Options
    My keyboard has ( and ) keys.I don't have the square brackets.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I had a Macbook Pro and now I'm on an Air. I use [ and ]. I've never used anything else.
  • Options
    Yes I have. Pressing ) and command works to size down, ( and command should work to size up, but it doesn't.
    Holly69 wrote: »
    This might sound stupid... but have you tried pressing random keys to see which one is the right keybind for size up/down? I assume the problem is because of the French keyboard.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited August 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So I've had this issue since I got TS4, I can size objects down in build more fine, using ) + command, but sizing things up using ( + command never worked.

I am also playing on an azerty keyboard and finding keyboard shortcuts can be challenging. What has helped me since the sims 2 days is looking at an image of an American qwerty keyboard, locate the key I am looking for and then press the key on the same location on my keyboard. So not the correct symbol but it's position on the keyboard matters if it is not an actual letter.

On my windows laptop with azerty keyboard it is these short cuts
    Size down with ) key
    Size up key with¨ ^ [ ,under the ')' key, next to the 'p' key
    Rotate objects in build mode with ? or . key , just in case you haven't found those yet

Edit : the size up and down might also need the control key. I need to get into the game to check that.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Size down with ) key
    Rotate objects in build mode with ? or . key , just in case you haven't found those yet

Can confirm. Has always been ^ for french keyboards.
  • Options
    Thanks !! it doesn't work for me but thanks to you I checked other keys and I figured it out, with my keyboard it's : *$€ key + command that works !!

Atreya33 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

I am also playing on an azerty keyboard and finding keyboard shortcuts can be challenging. What has helped me since the sims 2 days is looking at an image of an American qwerty keyboard, locate the key I am looking for and then press the key on the same location on my keyboard. So not the correct symbol but it's position on the keyboard matters if it is not an actual letter.

Size down with ) key

Edit : the size up and down might also need the control key. I need to get into the game to check that.