Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE Is The Patch For The Interminable LAG That CL Has Brought Upon Us?

We urgently NEED a PATCH to FIX the incredible and game ruining LAG that plagues the game now!

Why was this EP released w/this LAG issue? Oh wait I know... lack of programming expertise and the bottom line from EA -- "Make That $$$$" from the ever dedicated Simming Community. Rinse & Repeat ad nauseum for 2 decades now. *Sighs in disgust*
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I have half the ram you do and have 0 lag check for viruses
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't have the pack yet. So, I'm not entirely how severe your lag issues. My game works totally ok, as I know that I don't have the optimum specs to play the game. Larger lot or more detail worlds cause some lag for me. And, I play vanilla.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2021
    No lag on my end.
    Any lag for me is mod related. I get lag here and there with cc and mods but I have tons. When I play vanilla lag is non exensistant 100%
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I have lag OP. I have reinstalled my game and started a fresh save and I've only been making over the townies and I have lag in CAS... YES CAS of all places (-__-). I've checked my computer for issues and I have none. my driver is updated to the latest version. I've had lag like this since The decorator pack though. It started in build and buy. Once I would click on the menu button (The way you save the game) and go back to build/buy or live mode it would fix it, but it would keep happening. I'm not sure whats going on. Ever since the patch they released saying they fixed some of the simulation lag I've gotten this type of lag. Maybe that was the patch before the decorator pack? I'm not sure anymore. I just want to play. and I also play vanilla. So no mods or cc is messing with my game.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited August 2021
    This is interesting to see your responses as the LAG issue after the patch and CL is a known issue w/in the Sims Community. I'm actually posting this for my 86 year old Mom who is playing on a new HP Pavilion w/12GB RAM, 4GB Dedicated Graphics card and 512 SSD. She has very little on her PC other than the Sims 4. We do play w/quite a few mods including: MCCC, UI Cheats Extension, Little Ms. Sam's, the wonderful late Scumbumbo and a few others. All the mods are updated w/each patch or EP/GP/SP addition.

Thank you for all of your input and we will just keep researching and possibly pull some of the mods she doesn't use as she is primarily a Builder and not really into playing the Sims for very long periods. I think the game will need a patch to get it back to how it was before CL.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I don't think the problem is mod related. It sounds like you may have the household generation bug that came with the new pack where 100s of empty household are generated. Check the households in your manage worlds.